View Poll Results: Do you think we should enforce a rule to stop USD sales in the market sections?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

142 60.17%
  • No

94 39.83%
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

Sales and Purchases for real life cash

This is a discussion on Sales and Purchases for real life cash within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; this ain't gonna solve shit. someone will make a forum just with a market section which will allow people to ...
Page: 7

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

this ain't gonna solve shit. someone will make a forum just with a market section which will allow people to buy things for USD. Just leave it as it is there's no way of stopping it.

hee hee only made this topic to see how people felt about us doing our bit towards restoring the games virtual market, didn't realise people would get so angry about it all. It's like people go remarkably defencive around this subject.

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

Originally posted by URunFasterWithAKnifE
    hee hee only made this topic to see how people felt about us doing our bit towards restoring the games virtual market, didn't realise people would get so angry about it all. It's like people go remarkably defencive around this subject.
    don't get me wrong , I'm 100% pro shutting down USD trades, but it just will never happen

Foretold

Originally posted by Draconetsu
    For the people who keep saying they want to sell their char when they're done, how fuking stupid are you? *This is a game for FUN, not PROFIT. *ffs, have we all forgotten this is a goddamn free game we're supposed to be playing in our spare time? *It's recreation for crying out loud. *"I put so much work into my character. . ." *Yeah, so much WORK eh? *You're NOT WORKING!! *You're playing a fuking game! *Do you not understand that? *If this game has gotten to a point where you're saying you put WORK into your character, then maybe you should delete the game, and forget it ever existed. *I mean honestly, do you finish a game on your PS2/X Box/Gamecube and say to yourself, "How much can I sell this save file for?" *Do you go to your favorite messageboard and say "Selling finished FFX save file, all ultima weapons fully unlocked, USD only!!"?? *No, you don't, because you're playing a game that is supposed to be done in your leisure time. *In a game, when you're done, you simply hang up the controller (it's a figure of speech) and walk away, maybe with a sense of accomplishment. *If you can't do that, if you actually feel that you need to be paid for your character, then you need professional help. *You need to go outside, take a deep breath, and realize, this is a game, not a job. *No one is forcing you to play, you have the option of quitting and enjoying life at any moment.
    Agreed. If people took the time to do some math, then yeah you'll realize for all the hours you put into ko, $500 is like nothing. Take for example me.
    My Xfire says that I've played KO for 1590 hours. (I've probably played more though, my Xfire is never on...)
    So lets say 1590 hours X what.. 7$, like minimum wage here?
    That's over $11,000.. and that's probably not even right considering I play KO at night, and night hours are usually time with a bonus. So if I sold my character for like $500, which I doubt I even could, I'm getting like $00.84 per hour. Yeah that's definitely worth my time.

$500 is nothing in the grand scheme.. If you're so worried about money, then you definitely shouldn't be playing KO.

TunaFishyMe

i dont think anyone is going to quit their job to train chars and sell them for profit if thats what you are getting at. People train chars for the fun of the game. When they quit, sell it for USD? or let it get hacked? Its simple logic

Draconetsu

Sorry for how rude I came off, I had just finished reading some of the turks are ruining/stop blaming turks threads, those always get me riled up. I'll try to compose myself and better explain my stance here. First, the issue of selling in game items for cash. This is ruining the game, soon, there will be no new players simply because they won't be able to get anything. Selling items for cash can and will cause this game to die long before cheaters do. It's simple really. But perhaps there are multiple causes to this. The first being the compounding of accessories. Perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever seen in a game, especially one where the economy is as screwed up as KO. Now people are gonna horde ultra rare and powerful accessories so they can make more powerful ones. This immediately pushes the price up, and with a restraint built in (which innitially was a genius idea) people have to find a new way to sell and buy ultra rare items. But then again, I guess I'm getting off track. But I'm entitled to my daily rant (haven't ranted in awhile you see). Another reason for these price increases is (I hate to say it, I really do, and I apologize right now for it) Turkish players. Turks are merchants, by nature, they will get the best price for an item that they can. To them, selling something as easy to make as FP +8 for 30 mil is perfectly fine. It's just the way they are, kinda like gas stations price gouging, it's just what they do. Then factor in the duping, and this is something I will never understand. First, the market is fine, a decent number of items, and every sells for reasonable prices, then the market sees an influx, so what's the natural conclusion? Prices should go down, but for some reason, in KO, prices skyrocket when more items are introduced. It makes no sense whatsoever. Then there's a dupewipe, and prices go up even more. It's madness. People in this game just don't use logic anymore. But still, I've rambled enough on this, now to players selling their accounts for cash.

(sorry for the lack of paragraphing, been a long day)

Okay, first, selling accounts is against the TOS, and if you really read the TOS, it's illegal, and can be considered a form of piracy. You are after all selling for profit the property of another individual. In the US that's against the law. But, that's not the point. Selling accounts creates an unfair, and unbalanced game. New players who've never played a day in their life, can suddenly attain great power just by purchasing a lvl 70 account. Then they just buy some items off ebay and bam, they've got things that people who've played for 6 months to year don't have. Sure they got no skill, but who needs alot of skill when you have dual ROCs +1 dual WEs +1, a WP +1, an IB (hell, we'll make that +1 as well), a raptor +8/80, and full shell +8(I've never been good with gear, so just replace this with what you consider good legit gear)? I mean come on, should new players really be given this much to start with? Sure it may be fun for them, but what about the thousands of other players who follow the rules and don't do out of game exchange? And then the people who are selling the accounts. Honestly, When you're done, you're done. That's the way it's been since pong. You aren't supposed to profit. If you feel that you have to profit, then I still say you need to see a psychiatrist. That means you've spent way too much time on this game. I plan on playing this game for a long time now, I'll probably have a couple level 70s, and when I'm done, they might go to experienced clan mates who've always desired to try a level 70 or what have you. But I won't sell them. Hell, I might one day wish to come back after I've retired, and if the characters are still in the system, it'd be fun to make a grand return. It's just not right to profit off of it. If you need spending cash, then get a part time job, actually work. Just remember, this is leisure, not work, you aren't here to make money, even when you're done. If at any point you feel, "damnit, I've worked too hard on this, and I deserve something", just step back, and look at yourself. Most of you are young, healthy individuals who are spending waaaaay too much time on a game.

Own

I think K2 should enforce their rule to stop USD sales... but stopping it here would help too. I ono how much of the babashopping goes on via ebay or through these forums, but it seems if all the legit players stopped selling their stuff for USD it would be a lot easier to catch the cheaters. If everyone stopped selling for USD, the only people who would want to cash out on their items/chars would be the babashoppers and people quitting. So if they caught and banned everyone selling for USD it would probably make the game more legit... in a way. Oh yeah I totally agree with playing games for fun... yep games for fun... what an idea.

You raise valid points Draconetsu about noobs inheriting overly powerful items/characters just by a simple credit-card/paypal transaction. However, you fail to mention that skill cannot be bought, and no, the items they have are not enough to make them own. Those noobs won't get anywhere with those item and character without learning to not suck ass through experience and first hand game play.

Secondly, if you plan to get a few level 70's, you are the one who needs to see a psychiatrist because in order to get a few 70's without being given them, or buying them, you effectively contradict your own view that people are spending way too much time on this game. Selling shit to make some bucks on a game you've played for a long time because you are quitting is probably the first step towards sanity. Also who says they are greedy or seek profit? Foretold pointed out some undeniable facts about how time = money, so don't think people are making a killer off this game when they choose to sell a few items they will no longer use. (Unless they are KOM).

hej

Was thinking about how to solve the problems and I came up with a solution.

Remove all +7 and higher items, remove all unique jewellery +1 and higher (all sow 12+1 and higher) then add so when you upgrade a armour/weapon to +7 it get bound to the character that did it and all sow the same thing for unique jewellery +1.
    Remove all money and give everyone 10M if under 60 then add 5M lvl over 60, so if your lvl 66 you get 40M.

If chitin shield, weapon deafens armour have been removed from the game remove all of them or add it in the game again.

That would all sow make it harder to hack some ones account, you can delete the items but that even K2 should be able to check up and rollback.

That would all sow make it harder to hack some ones account, you can delete the items but that even K2 should be able to check up and rollback.

PriesTesS

don't u dare touch my CS ! Wich i naged about, and saved up for during 3-4 months and purchased for 26 gb's and a ss +6. (back in august this was expensive - it was 2-3 months after the sudden appearence of cs's even on warriors - got me soooo pissed off, cs's now grow on trea's ^^ ).

The only reason i would like to sell my account once i'm totaly done with this game, is because everyone does it. Before i would have never tought of making money of a game. I'd do something else, fun with it. (oh and i have a full time job and soon a morgage) it's kinda like it is u're right now. compensation for all the times u've been screwed. And at some moments, this game was a bit like work. You do have sertain responsibilitys to other players. Best exemple for me would be CSW, since my clan was defending it.
    So far, however i did spend 300 something euro's on it (only by buying premium). I also would never sell any clanitems, and i'd want my beloved shield to go to someone i like and who deserves it.

In an ideal situation, there would be no rl money transactions at all. Gm's would do there job properly and people would have a sence of selfrespect and honour.

The only reason i even still play this game, is coz i'm in a good, legit clan and i don't look at all those cheaters - they 're just pathetic imo. As long as there is a good community around, i think i'll be to.

Further i think it's a good idea to rate sellers/buyers. Like u do on e-bay, but then trough this forum. So we have a list of fair, honest people - where it is safe to buy from.

i agree with that but however shouldnt there be an exeption for people that quit? like selling all u got for USD including character

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

get rid of USD purchases and u have a high chance of getting rid of scammers like charlie as well :blink:

personally i think its a great idea....every1 bitchs about kom and babashop might as well get rid of the USD purchases from market section as well considering its more or less the same thing, buying items for usd.

no shouldnt be an exception...if people wanna sell stuff they could go to ebay or ranking but getting rid of USD purchases from ko4life will clean up a lot of the scum considering scamming for in game coin is a rare occurance unless ur a retard and dont understand how the trade window works

True enough. The only way to do this is to rid the market section completely, but I guarantee you people will always find a way to do USD transactions. As long as whores keep buyin this shit, whores like me will keep selling it :P

c0uDzZ

Whats the diffrence between buying scrolls for $$ , selling them in moradon and buying shards & shells with the money you got from scrolls

or buying shards & shells directly with $$.

no diffrence to be honest, first one consumes more time thats all.

the problem is that allot of people work with ingame money only and many items arent even available for ingame coins or even items because ppl got fixed on $_$ either way i dont care i get around i farm for what i want i stopped buying some time ago

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast