View Poll Results: Do you think we should enforce a rule to stop USD sales in the market sections?

Voters
236. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

142 60.17%
  • No

94 39.83%
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Sales and Purchases for real life cash

This is a discussion on Sales and Purchases for real life cash within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; K2 is not going to sue you over selling an account on Ebay. Worst they will ever do is IP ...
Page: 8

Road

K2 is not going to sue you over selling an account on Ebay. Worst they will ever do is IP ban your account. That's why I WILL sell or give to someone my account and my items. And who cares if someone buys my eventually lvl 70. It's not the same as it poping up out of nowhere. Someone worked for that character in the first place so I don't see any lack of morality here. The one thing that DOES bother me is when someone sells DUPED items on Ebay. That's just disrespectful to the buyer and everyone else. Just shows your a money hungry fiend that doesn't care about humanity and I think you should be lock up.

I'm sure in one way or another that everyone will come to some common ground to agree that I am correct. Anything that was once ilegal will be become legal if the community accepts it. Like eventually, gay marriage will be allowed when everyone accepts it.

I honestly don't see anything wrong with gay marriage. If it offends everyone to call it a "marriage" than we could just call it something esle. Like, "A marriage is between a man and a women; however, a civil union can be between a man and a man, or a woman and a women".

Get what I am saying now nubs? B)

Originally posted by c0uDzZ
    Whats the diffrence between buying scrolls for $$ , selling them in moradon and buying shards & shells with the money you got from scrolls

or buying shards & shells directly with $$.

no diffrence to be honest, first one consumes more time thats all.
    HUGE DIFFERENCE

The scrolls come from a legit source while those shards be duped or ilegally made. When there's real money involved, there's a higher motivation to ilegaly get items and usually buyers dont give a fuck about the source of them. USD promotes the existance of more and more ilegal items in the game.

Yet this can't be stoped by us.

KamY

Originally posted by Devile

Yet this can't be stoped by us.
    Dont talk,party,trade,sell to any of the guys that we know they buy ilegits items for $ , lets see how long it takes for them to realize how wrong they are :angry:

c0uDzZ

Originally posted by Devile+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devile)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-c0uDzZ
    Whats the diffrence between buying scrolls for $$ , selling them in moradon and buying shards & shells with the money you got from scrolls

HUGE DIFFERENCE

The scrolls come from a legit source while those shards be duped or ilegally made. When there's real money involved, there's a higher motivation to ilegaly get items and usually buyers dont give a fuck about the source of them. USD promotes the existance of more and more ilegal items in the game.

Yet this can't be stoped by us.[/b]
    the shards which you buy with the $ you made by selling scrolls can be duped/illegal, so is the shard which you buy for $ directly. it might have been duped or injected by some unknown source. So i do not see any diffrence there.
    a duped item is illegal, so is a injected one (if thats what you mean by illegal). The only main problem is the chitin shields popping up on servers which werent meant to drop. but i must agree with you on the last one, we can't stop this.

I had long talk with Halcoyn about this matter long time ago, I told him that this game is gona go trough huge inflation like Germany on 1920īs or Hungary, now reasons for this is that eventually if u harvest and upgrade items u are become rich. Basicly u only waste cash for pots while lvling and harvesting things. Now there is no way to loose cash ingame, if u buy something from other player cash will stay ingame, now more players and more cash wich will mean that eventually igc will loose it's meaning specially because of tradet cash limit. Now if someone has really much cash, he cannot really waste that to npc and neither he can waste it to items unless he is really lucky. All 1337 items cost like shit igc, trade limit 2,4b or something...merchant limit 999m. They are not balanced with game prices, now if u have loads of icg and items, u don't need icg because u know it's trash and u sell usd.

I have bought item usd...so I didn't get scammed and I knew items were legit, I also knew seller...now I had afford them, I would have even afford to be scammed. I took risk, it's my own risk...If u think my morality, I don't think I babashopped...items were game items, made player, dropped boss. They were not from GM arranged boss hunt, they were not made by KoM or any shitty GM.

If these forums stop showing usd trades, they go do it elsewhere...that only means it will be easier to scammers, atleast we "kinda know" who is who and who is trading with who. It doesn't prevent scamming, but it surely does it a bit harder..atleast scam more than once.

My 5 cents

the shards which you buy with the $ you made by selling scrolls can be duped/illegal, so is the shard which you buy for $ directly. it might have been duped or injected by some unknown source. So i do not see any diffrence there.
    a duped item is illegal, so is a injected one (if thats what you mean by illegal). The only main problem is the chitin shields popping up on servers which werent meant to drop. but i must agree with you on the last one, we can't stop this.
    And why aren't those ilegal Chitin Shields sold for coins? If paying kcash to sell scrolls for coins and using USD directly are the same, why can't u get that item for coins? or a duped Shard +8 that passed the last dupe wipe?

Cause USD has changed the "rules" in this game and those kind of items will always be sold for real money, never again for game coins. Most items sold for real money are dupes or ilegal. Sure, everyone sells for USD, legal and ilegal items, but most high end ones are ilegal.

So if u ask if there's a difference, hell yeah there is.

Im on 50/50 for that matter...
    I don't like to spend my parent's hard earn money for just pixels and its not a 100% sure investment. Ppl should not sell for USD because when they kill Talos for example, they dont pay it to spawn (no boss spawn scrolls (yet <_< )..

The only reason to sell in USD is to sell whole account with all items on him/her cause playing and making this char cost u time and some money, but mostly time (if u worked the time u r all playing u would be rich in realife )
    For example i playing my char 1.5year, spent money on PUS Scrolls for NPs, spent money on netcafe or my Supaaa Dupaaa 56k connection to lvl up my noob warrior and if i quit this game i would like to get at least the 30% for money spent on char...

Haxium

stop sales for usd is impossible.
    But we should instore some rule. When ppl wanna sell an item (and they aren't leavin the game), they should also give an option for a trade w/ another item or igc, and not only sell items for $$. It wont work for ppl that wanna stop playin and sell their char for usd, but if everyone respect this kind of rule, igc will have more value. Actually, im the only one selling gb for items/igc, it would be nice if ins/ibs/raptors+8 etc was back in the merchant section, w/o $$ write in the topic.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

Originally posted by Haxium
    But we should instore some rule. When ppl wanna sell an item (and they aren't leavin the game), they should also give an option for a trade w/ another item or igc, and not only sell items for $$. It wont work for ppl that wanna stop playin and sell their char for usd, but if everyone respect this kind of rule, igc will have more value. Actually, im the only one selling gb for items/igc, it would be nice if ins/ibs/raptors+8 etc was back in the merchant section, w/o $$ write in the topic.
    its not to stop it 100% from game...its to stop it on these forums so these forums stop getting flooded with "this guy scammed me for usd!!!!!!!1!1!111"

Haxium

Originally posted by camaz0tz+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(camaz0tz)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Haxium
    its not to stop it 100% from game...its to stop it on these forums so these forums stop getting flooded with "this guy scammed me for usd!!!!!!!1!1!111"[/b]
    oh yeah, then ofc its possible
    but as i already said, ppl will just leave :/
    We should do something like, ppl that are trustable have a "T" in their profile or something. (no, i dont fake u lutz or just a bit :unsure: )
    But then again, it wont stop scam :/

Senior Member devilscommandments's Avatar

you should be able to rent items like in JPKO

well u must understand poor bastards,
    cant find a job, cant make any kind of money in RL, so they must sell items for $$ for incapable kiddo/players who cant their make own items,

voted yes, but I dont find that rule important at all, let them trade, and ... making +8/15str chitin and sell it cheap to friend also is a fun in game as PK or anything else

btw I am 65 not 64

armand0

that would be better, at least scroll prices will go down becoz of excess scrolls on the market.

Zparda

Originally posted by Haxium
    Yes u can NUke Whole North America.

There is a solution ask k2 make a server with whole char's lvl 65 (lvleable to 70) all with same Gear( i mean all +7 Stuff and the wished unique's on +0) and just add on that server some1 who want be p2p.

The Item's u got are intradeable and add better GM's(haha Devile atracas?). Maybe k2 will think more ....... but who knows they are really stupid :P

AviT

i think what most people forget what usd sales have done to the game basicaly they have ruined it. and made a market for the cheats to get alot of money out of the game. i cannot imagine how much they have made it probaly 10's of thousands.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678