Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Scam cases

This is a discussion on Scam cases within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I wan't to address this problem so we minimize the amount of scam cases. Sure, I know eliminating scam it's ...
Page: 1

Default Scam cases

I wan't to address this problem so we minimize the amount of scam cases. Sure, I know eliminating scam it's impossible but I think we can do a better job than what we are doing right now to help you guys trade in a more secure environment.

So I'm open to suggestions. I've got some ideas of my own, but I would like to hear yours first since you are the ones who actually trade.

someone mentioned that you were going to put a feedback feature like the one in ebay what happened to that ?
    EDIT : what about having a live chating feature ( between members ) so u can have less scam topics with ppl saying " this isn't my email , this wasn't me" n stuff like that

I will. Not sure if this weekend, but soon. Besides that, any other clues on how to tackle this problem?

i edited my reply check it out

Well personally I'd like to have a middleman section implemented, whereas you can request help from trustable users.

Maybe something like the KOrankings implemented whereas an admin has to approve of a user registering an account to limit the scammers in a whole new way, so that once you're banned you can't just sign up with another account.

These things are hard to deal with... Maybe if someone has done alot of trades - repeatedly they get some sort of "Recommended seller" tag, just like on Ebay where as you can get the ebay safety thingy.

These things are quite hard to deal with seeing as how scammers will always be able to get around your security measures, except if you close the registrations and only open them for people who you can verify has no history with the site or gets promoted by a VIP or some sort of new group (perhaps even senior members with lets say 600+ posts.)

Quote Originally Posted by the ring View Post
    someone mentioned that you were going to put a feedback feature like the one in ebay what happened to that ?
    EDIT : what about having a live chating feature ( between members ) so u can have less scam topics with ppl saying " this isn't my email , this wasn't me" n stuff like that
    Users can use Private Messages to verify if they really are who they say they are in forum. Why would a PUBLIC chat work better instead?

not a public chat, more like a private live chat, it should be able to save data so you have the full information this is faster for mods to solve a case

Banned Member

i think public chat would make it more secure

Adding a couple of mods to deal with existing cases/reports or middleman trades.. As in they only have mod power over those specific sections

Little archer Senior Member

increase minimum requirements for market section -> posts to 150 and 9 months
    Felix and casual like this.

Da Mod Father Senior Member Felix's Avatar

Is there a way of having a trade history for each member? Say when the user makes a new thread in the market section is shows up on that users profile page?

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Only issue there is you're going to get more spamming.

I suggested putting leaving it at 50, but putting a limit on the amount of posts those users can make per day. Honestly, if I wanted to I could make 100 posts a day, but who does that? If you set a limit (say 10 -+), these users will be limited on how much they can say to begin with, so possibly motivating them to actually make an insightful post. IF they don't, it'll be easier for us to catch them and reduce the post count, again.

Banned Member

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Totally disagree. I am even disagree with 3 month. I just registered here because EUKO opened and still waiting 3 month restriction to open threads.

as Ali said Can add a Voucher System on someone's Profile as some other forums do. Once you do a trade you go into there profile and vouch them in there " Trade History" Section which will be visible to all or "Feedback" Rating and can link the thread of sale and all. Will help with of everyone saying i iz trusty x5000 vouchers. ATleast now the vouchers are there without having to wait for them to verify and stuff.
    LambOfGod likes this.

two market sections

USD one -> 9 months member with 150-200 posts minimum to even view the forum, so they can't pm you
    IGC one -> where anyone can post.

Just have to keep an eye on things to make sure people aren't selling for USD in the IGC one
    razor likes this.

Page 1 of 9 12345 ... LastLast