Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Scam cases

This is a discussion on Scam cases within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Dont know if theres any way to make a payment system, where you would pay the money first go ko4life, ...
Page: 3

Dont know if theres any way to make a payment system, where you would pay the money first go ko4life, then when you get the items or account your trading, ko4life would release the money to the seller. Something with middle man, but without so many people getting involved, or people holding money, just a general ko4life bank account or something that is only controlled by 2 people max.

Thats an option that mercadolibre (spanish trading website) offers for users who dont want to pay to untrusted people, ofc they charge more, because they keep an small percentage of the ammount, but i think every1 would gladly pay 2-5% more of the total amount, to ensure a secure trade. Just an idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Also before I quit.. I had and still have access to multiple Ips. Would be able to get some IP's verified thru officials mods, and thru my clan forums which is probably the biggest data base of KO player ips next to this forum and officials.

using these ips and infos from clan applications helped immensely when dealing with scam cases. It made it a ton easier for you to get to the bottom of who was telling the truth and what not.
    This has been a great help to a lot of our members and for us as clanleaders to know who people are. Could even trace back some hack attempts..

About the 150 posts.. That will be quite easy to do. Generate a membergroup who can see the USD sections, after having 150 posts you can set the forum to automaticly update the membergroup. This would make the USD section hidden from guests and normal users and only visible to those that have enough posts.. Makes it easier to control as well.

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Scams are going to happen whether you want it or not. The only way to reduce it would be some sort of middleman system.
    If it's about verifying the trustability of another person it just becomes one big mess, hence the middleman system would be the easiest solution.
    Who would become person to be able to mod trades? Let people choose and vote, that way there shouldn't be any reason to complain.
    It's like politics, lol.

I'm curious as to where Psy went, if my memory's not failing me right now he was modding the "Hall of Shame" section (which by the way, has no meaning anymore and really, is quite pointless in its current state.) Maybe adding the position that Psy once had could be an idea to keep in mind and ressurect the Hall of Shame section back to life and keep it updated with well known scammers and whatnot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vice View Post
    I'm curious as to where Psy went, if my memory's not failing me right now he was modding the "Hall of Shame" section (which by the way, has no meaning anymore and really, is quite pointless in its current state.) Maybe adding the position that Psy once had could be an idea to keep in mind and ressurect the Hall of Shame section back to life and keep it updated with well known scammers and whatnot.
    I was thinking about that as well but that alone won't solve all the problems. It would be a good addition though.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

If memory serves right, Psy ironically scammed some people then disappeared.

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    If memory serves right, Psy ironically scammed some people then disappeared.
    I don't remember anything about that, however I was gone from this website for about a year around 08-09 due to a caraccident, however the last thread made in his name was in the offtopic section: http://www.gamers4life.com/forums/f2...d-area-301364/

Get intelligent independent people (who do not play the game and do not know the parties involved) to evaluate scam cases. People who make an assessment based on facts alone and not on other people's opinion on who is "trustworthy". Have the person publish their assessment on the thead and then have the moderators take a vote privately. If you can not come to an agreement, ban them both.

Updating with some new thoughts:

I would like to see an improvement to the marketsection structure itself, with 3 different subcategories, "Verified, Unverified and Requested" as well as a separate section for USD transactions and one section for ingametrading (Anyone can trade in this part of the forum seeing how there's no USD involved in here.)

As soon as a seller wants to create a selling topic this topic will have to be kept uptodate and not be remade, and from a start it'll be placed in the "Unverified" section until an assigned mod has checked his history, aswellas IP and all that.
    If the seller gets good feedback numerous times he may apply to have his topic moved to the "Verified" section where you could also start allowing people to deal with bigger amounts of cash and whatnot and restrict the unverified to making deals with lets say, a 100$ limit at a time.

There should also be a set team to deal with scams and evaluate the evidence collected, quite like a jury (these needs to be reviewed quite often in order to see who's keeping up a good job and whos not and keep them substituted, incase they're not doing their job) and the admins / mods are the judges.

Also, there should be a tradingmod team installed dealing with EVERY single trade made, when you open a selling topic you have to show that you actually possess the item for a mod whom then will confirm that this person actually is in possession of said item, if the person in question will not show the items/character/whatever they wish to sell to any of these mods, the topic should be locked and removed, the Mod who deals with this will also provide a screenshot of said item in the topic. [For USD trades]

inb4 tl;dr

But yes, to sum it up: Install a tradingmod team, a scam-case "jury", make 3 different trading sections; [USD]Verified, Unverified [/USD], Ingametrades.

I'm somewhat intoxicated at writing moment, so srry for eventual spelling errors, grammar fails.

Any updates concerning any of this Devile? Lot of good ideas here that would be great features if plausible.

Semper Fi.

Updating with some new thoughts:

I would like to see an improvement to the marketsection structure itself, with 3 different subcategories, "Verified, Unverified and Requested" as well as a separate section for USD transactions and one section for ingametrading (Anyone can trade in this part of the forum seeing how there's no USD involved in here.)

As soon as a seller wants to create a selling topic this topic will have to be kept uptodate and not be remade, and from a start it'll be placed in the "Unverified" section until an assigned mod has checked his history, aswellas IP and all that.
    If the seller gets good feedback numerous times he may apply to have his topic moved to the "Verified" section where you could also start allowing people to deal with bigger amounts of cash and whatnot and restrict the unverified to making deals with lets say, a 100$ limit at a time.

There should also be a set team to deal with scams and evaluate the evidence collected, quite like a jury (these needs to be reviewed quite often in order to see who's keeping up a good job and whos not and keep them substituted, incase they're not doing their job) and the admins / mods are the judges.

Also, there should be a tradingmod team installed dealing with EVERY single trade made, when you open a selling topic you have to show that you actually possess the item for a mod whom then will confirm that this person actually is in possession of said item, if the person in question will not show the items/character/whatever they wish to sell to any of these mods, the topic should be locked and removed, the Mod who deals with this will also provide a screenshot of said item in the topic. [For USD trades]

inb4 tl;dr

But yes, to sum it up: Install a tradingmod team, a scam-case "jury", make 3 different trading sections; [USD]Verified, Unverified [/USD], Ingametrades.

I'm somewhat intoxicated at writing moment, so srry for eventual spelling errors, grammar fails.
    Let's be realistic - that's a lot of work.
    I'm not disagreeing with it, some things just seem impractical such as "verifying every trade"

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Let's be realistic - that's a lot of work.
    I'm not disagreeing with it, some things just seem impractical such as "verifying every trade"
    Decreasing the scamcases with a significant amount is worth the extra work, you just need enough man power to handle it, it's afterall peoples hardworked pixels and money we're talking about.

Decreasing the scamcases with a significant amount is worth the extra work, you just need enough man power to handle it, it's afterall peoples hardworked pixels and money we're talking about.
    Some sites offer middleman services for a small fee. Having trade mods of sorts would reduce the amount of scamming of those people who are willing to sacrifice an extra dollar or two and also having to not work for completely free would reduce the temptation caused by those pixels (i.e trade mods turning into scammers themselves).
    Trusted traders could get a some sort of title and/or group that would point out that they are a trustable person. This status, of course, wouldn't be easy to get and so on..
    Also I can't freaking focus because I keep staring at those god damn boobs on your signature.

I would like an update on what's being done regarding this issue.

Banned Member

bumpppppppppppppppppppppppppp

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast