Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Scam cases

This is a discussion on Scam cases within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; tbh no one is "trustable" A lot of the old admins were the same "trustable" players and then they went ...
Page: 6

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

tbh no one is "trustable" A lot of the old admins were the same "trustable" players and then they went whack. Take Vandy for example, same with like 70% of the VIP members. Trustable is not a term you should even use here cuz chances are at one point or another, someone is gonna fuck you
    LambOfGod likes this.

Banned

I don't think Vandy ever was an admin, at one point he was a mod, though. Can't even remember why he got banned. All I know is that he used to sell k0xped chars on here and staff backing him up .
    Who of the old admins scammed someone? I only know a few cases of when staff got hacked and used for a scam/hack. Anyway, I get where you are coming from. Everyone is trustable to a certain point, some people sell their ethics for a few gbs and some for a few hundred gbs or a thousand gbs.

Another idea that came into my the other day is some kind of reputation system. You have a mod who, well, moderates the system. Everytime you do a successful trade you get a reputation point and a short description of what was traded /w who. This would make the whole trading thing a bit more transparent. Not only that but every scammer will get banned at his first scam.
    I'd be even up to code that plugin for vbulletin if there is enough interest.

Cano Senior Member Canofwhopass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jaspreet View Post
    tbh no one is "trustable" A lot of the old admins were the same "trustable" players and then they went whack. Take Vandy for example, same with like 70% of the VIP members. Trustable is not a term you should even use here cuz chances are at one point or another, someone is gonna fuck you
    You do have a point there, very true. You never know who will break.

@MrRapist, that is a good idea aswell, there should be a vb rep mod already out.

Banned Regular Member

@mrrapist , how could that help ŋ
    People can get hunderd of trades and still scam some1 in a certain point , as some1 said before .
    people can go whack and the gbs calls them more than friendship and tolorance .

And ofc the scammer will get banned @ his first mistake ... tho i didnīt get whats the point of the transparent thingy u mentioned up there "_"

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

People have certain members that they only trust to middle their trades, ie: clan leaders or members. Most do not want mods doing it because that doesnt prove they are trustable. This causes the problem that the other person involved may not always accept the person YOU put up for middle man. Thus in reality, it makes sense as to why someone would charge for their service. You find someone as Thing said that is willing to waste hours at a time to manage a trade, most may volunteer for the first few, but trust me after that many will give up or realize their "free" service isnt worth it at all. I guess what im trying to say is that you essanitally get a middleman at your own RISK

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    I don't think Vandy ever was an admin, at one point he was a mod, though. Can't even remember why he got banned. All I know is that he used to sell k0xped chars on here and staff backing him up .
    Who of the old admins scammed someone? I only know a few cases of when staff got hacked and used for a scam/hack. Anyway, I get where you are coming from. Everyone is trustable to a certain point, some people sell their ethics for a few gbs and some for a few hundred gbs or a thousand gbs.

Another idea that came into my the other day is some kind of reputation system. You have a mod who, well, moderates the system. Everytime you do a successful trade you get a reputation point and a short description of what was traded /w who. This would make the whole trading thing a bit more transparent. Not only that but every scammer will get banned at his first scam.
    I'd be even up to code that plugin for vbulletin if there is enough interest.
    Felix is a scammer

Well. you cant get totally red of scammers but you can minimize it.

Quote Originally Posted by Canofwhopass View Post
    Well. you cant get totally red of scammers but you can minimize it.
    This.
    Honestly though, there aren't even that many scams to begin with that occur on K4L

+1 to this. I used to volunteer for a long time doing these. Some times they "tipped" me, in which case I gave the money to a needy clan member. But most of the time it was a free service. After doing tons of middle mans and intersever trades where it was me hunting down the buyer(usually different timezones) on a daily basis it got to a point where it was a big hassle and i considered and sometimes did charge a small fee. There were also sometimes where u'd middle man a very big deal and have to sit waiting for an hour while the guy's seller goes pick up the money.. cough Jaspreet cough cough.. lol at least that guy tipped me big time for wasting my time.

I middleman trades becuz I cared about my reputation and the reputation of my clan and clan council. Middlemaning trades added to the auora and respectability to my name. Not every one has this quality. At some point greed wins out.. could be becuz of real life, could be many things.

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    This.
    Honestly though, there aren't even that many scams to begin with that occur on K4L
    So far this year there has been 2-3 a month. To many in my book.

Well we could have a section that you use to apply to get access to the market section. Like you make a topic and ppl give him their opinions. This would mean only older members that actually have been active on these forums or those that ppl actually know from in-game or somewhere else would gain access to the market section.

Banned

I think we should start by making the trading section not public to everyone.
    Even people who aren't registered can see it. The people who are registereed but don't fit the requirements still can do trades by pming sellers/buyers..
    Kallop, Canofwhopass and FuriousKo like this.

Even people who aren't registered can see it. The people who are registereed but don't fit the requirements still can do trades by pming sellers/buyers..
    +1 to that.

No.
    Fix the root of the problem, get members to learn safe trading habits.
    Skimming through the past month's worth of reports there hasn't been a single k4l market-related scam; they've all been in game.
    Last edited by thing; 04-08-2012 at 01:30 AM.

Banned

I don't know which section you checked out but you sure forgot to take a look at the Hall Of Shame. The first 2 are already market related scams.
    And there is no way to trade safe, we all know that. If one of the two parties decides to be a dick, there's always a way to scam.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456789 LastLast