Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Scam cases

This is a discussion on Scam cases within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by MrRapist I don't know which section you checked out but you sure forgot to take a look ...
Page: 7

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    I don't know which section you checked out but you sure forgot to take a look at the Hall Of Shame. The first 2 are already market related scams.
    And there is no way to trade safe, we all know that. If one of the two parties decides to be a dick, there's always a way to scam.

My bad, I was looking in cheaters; which reminds me of how much I dislike how the categories are arranged, it could be better organized.. but that's another topic.

SeriouslyJob; could have been banned several months ago after a scam of only $18 if user (Karizmatiq) knew how to collect evidence. - L2TradeSafe
    jarael67; Cano (much RA RA love) why'd you go first to a 0 poster? - L2TradeSafe

Grgiorgos; Member of '06 with some vouches who scammed.
    Making the trade section 'private' wouldn't have stopped this scam from happening.

No way to trade safe? Eh, vague statement.
    There are definitely safer ways of trading than others. Proof? Big traders exist with plenty of profit to show for it.

Careful with your choice of the world 'always.' If you wanted to be a dick and scam me, I know a simple way to not get scammed.
    I wouldn't trade you; bazinga.

Banned

I know that making the trading section not public wouldn't entirely get rid of the scamming, that's not the point. But it is well worth it even if it saves only one user from getting scammed.

Safe way to trade? No. Safer ways to trade? Surely, yes.
    I have never bought a single gb and therefore never paid first. I haven't sold much on k4l either, but I've done some big ones with Jaspreet and Darken for example. Both in the thousands and all went well but it could have went different. Because there simply is no way to make the trade safe for both sides. Jaspreet went first back then with me, even with WU. I could have scammed him. I went first with Darken, multiple times. He could have scammed me. Another perfect example is TrueLoves, got scammed by a person he knows for more then 5 years... for only 150$.

What I am trying to say is, there is literally no way to make a trade safe, with middleman or not. But we could work on making it as safe as possible. We can't get rid of every scammer on the forum if he hasn't scammed before. But we can try to minimize the chances of getting scammed in the first place.

I'd love to go more in depth about why it's a bad idea, but I'll keep my argument simple until/unless you actually implement it.

Why limit potential members from joining?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post

Why limit potential members from joining?
    Huh? I think you missunderstood me.
    Exactly the opposite will happen. Let's say you can't see the market section unless you are registered and have 50 posts.
    People who aren't registered will register.
    People who don't have 50 posts, will hopefully become a part of the community. Either way, they need their 50 posts to see the market section.

Cano Senior Member Canofwhopass's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post

jarael67; Cano (much RA RA love) why'd you go first to a 0 poster? - L2TradeSafe
    yea that was my dumb ass fault lol but still, i guess all of our opinions are just lost thoughts anyways. Everyone just keeps shooting them down, even tho everything together wouldn't hurt a bit to do. Just got to get Devile to take the time to do it. Im done trying here fuk it.

Quote Originally Posted by MrRapist View Post
    Huh? I think you missunderstood me.
    Exactly the opposite will happen. Let's say you can't see the market section unless you are registered and have 50 posts.
    People who aren't registered will register.
    People who don't have 50 posts, will hopefully become a part of the community. Either way, they need their 50 posts to see the market section.
    No, I didn't misunderstand you, I just have a different view on human behavior than you.

And as Cano said, our opinions are lost thoughts. No point in this debate because nothing's going to happen, and on the off chance that something does happen, I'd be glad to pick up where we left off.
    Canofwhopass likes this.

Cano Senior Member Canofwhopass's Avatar

we can only do stuff our self to keep scams from happening but to a certain extent then the admins and mods have to tale the rest would be nice to bring the VIP member and add a private forum for the group that would be cool. anyways look at this guy trytolikeme he has less then 80 post and has the trustable traders tag but isnt in any group at all, things you gotta look out for.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Canofwhopass View Post
    we can only do stuff our self to keep scams from happening but to a certain extent then the admins and mods have to tale the rest would be nice to bring the VIP member and add a private forum for the group that would be cool. anyways look at this guy trytolikeme he has less then 80 post and has the trustable traders tag but isnt in any group at all, things you gotta look out for.
    also the guy is trying to get hiss 50 posts now as you can see he just hit "3months" lol.

Banned Regular Member

NoOneCanStopMe , cwest , adding you to clan and then tps to cape quest . I'm almost 90 % sure that its the same NoOneCanStopMe in the forums , but then again - no proofs . take care

you can't stop them e. these no way =D

thats alot lol

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    increase minimum requirements for market section -> posts to 150 and 9 months
    i agree with him..

• Never had an msn compromised
    • Legit
    • Tons of vouches

Ok guys, fine. I'll do it. I'll middleman for you

BANNED FOR SCAMMING! Member

I recommand to start adding PlayerAuctions Method ... so no more paypal chargebacks and scams ... thats the best mod to avoid scammers/etc

One thing, off course all people with 200++ posts here agree on the 150+ post and 9 months. But some people are just here to buy/sell stuff in the section.
    And not going to spam the forum itself like our razor.. Who is just replying on each topic that has been made. I can also do that and just reply on every
    freaking topic..

That doesnt mean your trustie at all. And beside that, it's all about trust in the other person. I did a lot of trades in this forum, i can say i am trustable aswell. But that doesnt mean I am trusted to everyone. Some people trust me other people dont. That is the way it goes nowadays.

And about the middleman service. People choose whoever they like. I have been middleman aswell "for free" and allways worked out fine. Sometimes it's just a long wait
    for them to make everything happen. That is the shit part about being middleman. But if people want to have a middleman, i am also available for it.

I wrote to much crap. But i am to lazy to remove it. Haha
    Last edited by S1ckness; 02-28-2013 at 06:31 AM.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast