Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sealed HC Items

This is a discussion on Sealed HC Items within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What is your opinion on sealed high classed items? Is that a problem to you? How will you deal with ...
Page: 1

Default Sealed HC Items

What is your opinion on sealed high classed items? Is that a problem to you?
    How will you deal with it?

Quote Originally Posted by Mishe View Post
    What is your opinion on sealed high classed items? Is that a problem to you?
    How will you deal with it?
    how do u mean ur question ?

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

In the future all High Class items will become sealed during equipping. For JPKO this is only true for jamadhars right now, but maybe they will extend it to other item types too. (KOKO patches are now impossible to download via HTTP/FTP so I can't check if they did it there.)

Quote Originally Posted by gyorokpeter View Post
    In the future all High Class items will become sealed during equipping. For JPKO this is only true for jamadhars right now, but maybe they will extend it to other item types too. (KOKO patches are now impossible to download via HTTP/FTP so I can't check if they did it there.)
    This is someone you should try to work with Futility. The guys over at KoK have been a HUGE knowledge-base and by far the best fan site ever.

On-Topic
    BOE would be a nice thing to introduce. It also opens the sales portal because I believe either JPKO or KOKO or both have a PUS item to purchase to unbind an item. The KO market wont crash with boe items, it will adapt, just like it has over the past 7 years of USKO.

Anime Adicted Senior Member Darktuga's Avatar

i think its kinda pathethic while you level up you will be changing your items and by the time you reach lvl 80 you either have broke alot gb's worth gear or just have them laying around at your INN .

plus many people use their current items to improve their gear like downgrading their +1/2 uniques to trade for +9 weap for example i think that BOE items is just a way for them to fcking make money and has nothing to do with help the players
    Last edited by Darktuga; 10-12-2011 at 07:22 AM.

Former KOK A.d.m.i.n Validating

I'm playing another MMO that has BoE on everything, even quest armor. There are also 10+ different things that can be done to items to increase their properties, as opposed to 2 in KO (upgrade and enchant - I'm counting rebirth as a subset of upgrade). What this causes in that game is that only "clean" pieces are ever sold, people buy them and pimp it for themselves. Imagine that all of a sudden you would only be able to buy +1 purple items an +0 uniques. However I doubt that it would turn out that way, since items could break as you try to upgrade them, so some people would surely pay their share for a +7 item to circumvent the risk of breaking it while making from +1's. So upgraded items would be still available, but more expensive. In turn, when you do manage to get something higher than what you have, and you can't sell the old one (such as if even EUKO doesn't introduce that "Seal Item" scroll, or it's too expensive), you will try to upgrade it. This could spread out upgrading between players rather than concentrating it to some big upgraders who waste fortunes on the required trinas and scrolls.

From the player's perspective, BoE is a bad thing, but from the company's it's good. BoE+"Seal Item" is a middle path.

I think its a good idea for security reasons. that way you get hacked, and not lose anything

Quote Originally Posted by puppet View Post
    I think its a good idea for security reasons. that way you get hacked, and not lose anything
    ye...if i hack someone i dont like id delete all his items just to fuck with him or jelousy it has happen many times...and so u saying its good if u equip a shard+6 cuz its good you will have to stick with it till u quit? nop doesnt seem so

Look it at this way, what fuck up CW was the babba shoopers, so if u decide to baba ur character in EUKO u know that after u put it on thats it you can't resell ur baba stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by bacardi 151º View Post
    Look it at this way, what fuck up CW was the babba shoopers, so if u decide to baba ur character in EUKO u know that after u put it on thats it you can't resell ur baba stuff.
    actually what fucked up c-west was the ip bann at sart babashoping actually saved c-west cuz many people wouldnt join if they didnt baba their gear and you can actualyl resell your gear if you buy 1 thing from PUS to unseal(not sure if they gunna add this one)

anyways seems like the other post was an actual bug from anvil/ft items and not BoE

What's BoE ?

Quote Originally Posted by RialiX View Post
    What's BoE ?
    Bind on Equip, basically in EUKO all high class items and uniques do like krowaz does in usko and seal to your char

Now now.. Even after the item gets sealed u can try upgrade it or just store it into your inn. This makes KO way more exciting game to play where you actually have to farm your gear. Hope to see more babas cry

Mad broke people in this thread.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast