Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

it seems the paper class gonna are dead in rofd

This is a discussion on it seems the paper class gonna are dead in rofd within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; lol.. it seems as though you are comparing a mage to other classes (warrior to be more specific), which is ...
Page: 2

FoOoK

lol.. it seems as though you are comparing a mage to other classes (warrior to be more specific), which is a bad idea. Each class has its advantage and disadvantages, and even within the classes, how you build your character has the adv and disadv. as well.

Here are 2 types of mages you should look into:

The Support mage: This is a mage where you dont give a crap about the damage you do and is usually ice or lightning. With this type of mage, its best to max out your HP (meaning enough INT for the armor you have, then the rest into HP). This way, you will stay alive to tank and tp your party. Also as you mentioned, you can wear crimson or complete and could "possibly" upgrade it pass +9. But like you said again, if you think it only benefits high class armor wearing people, then follow your instincts but once you become complete and doing crap damage, you would rather stuff all those stat points into HP. (i personally do not prefer maxing out INT, because ive tested and it doesnt really stun any better)

The Damage Dealer:
    Yes you do sacrifice major AC and HP (depending on your build) to inflict a serious amount of pain. If you are the type that loves to KS or see 1k + damage on your info bar, then its worth giving up that AC because trust me, the guy receiving the damage is crying like a bytch. You complain about a lvl 80 warrior spamming you for 1k but then again, at lvl 80, most people would probably go with the first mage build (great ac and max MP at 80) so he wouldnt be hitting you for 1k would he so you are not screwed my friend.

So its basically up to you, take your pick. Do insane damage, or stay alive longer. But if we are looking towards the future of a lvl 80 mage, you are looking at 4 possibilities: a massive and possible 5k+ HP paper mage that does great damage, a strong complete mage with maxed out Magic power doing heavy damage while tanking people with its good AC, or a wicked complete mage that max out HP to tank full parties, or a nasty Paper mage that max out HP as well having possibly 7k+ HP.

Its how you build you character. you cant have everything (AC, HP, AP), but you can balance it out. (now add a chitin shield to any of the builds above and its just pure ownage.)

BANNED FOR SCAMMING!

Originally posted by idefix
    tbh, getting +21 armor is 100 times easier for paper gear, u know why? u can buy em from npc, so u can try them as many as u can afford to. the shells +1 cost so much mor and the scrolls cost a lot more, so paperarmor to +21 goes faster than shells.
    You can't reverse paper gear, so you'll never get it to +21. To be reversible an item it has to be high class at +1.

el_tankie

Originally posted by FoOoK
    lol.. it seems as though you are comparing a mage to other classes (warrior to be more specific), which is a bad idea. *Each class has its advantage and disadvantages, and even within the classes, how you build your character has the adv and disadv. as well.

The Support mage: This is a mage where you dont give a crap about the damage you do and is usually ice or lightning. *With this type of mage, its best to max out your HP (meaning enough INT for the armor you have, then the rest into HP). *This way, you will stay alive to tank and tp your party. *Also as you mentioned, you can wear crimson or complete and could "possibly" upgrade it pass +9. *But like you said again, if you think it only benefits high class armor wearing people, then follow your instincts but once you become complete and doing crap damage, you would rather stuff all those stat points into HP. *(i personally do not prefer maxing out INT, because ive tested and it doesnt really stun any better)

The Damage Dealer:
    Yes you do sacrifice major AC and HP (depending on your build) to inflict a serious amount of pain. *If you are the type that loves to KS or see 1k + damage on your info bar, then its worth giving up that AC because trust me, the guy receiving the damage is crying like a bytch. *You complain about a lvl 80 warrior spamming you for 1k but then again, at lvl 80, most people would probably go with the first mage build (great ac and max MP at 80) so he wouldnt be hitting you for 1k would he *so you are not screwed my friend. *

So its basically up to you, take your pick. *Do insane damage, or stay alive longer. *But if we are looking towards the future of a lvl 80 mage, you are looking at 4 possibilities: *a massive and possible 5k+ HP paper mage that does great damage, a strong complete mage with maxed out Magic power doing heavy damage while tanking people with its good AC, or a wicked complete mage that max out HP to tank full parties, or a nasty Paper mage that max out HP as well having possibly 7k+ HP.

Its how you build you character. *you cant have everything (AC, HP, AP), but you can balance it out. (now add a chitin shield to any of the builds above and its just pure ownage.)
    :wub: dam dude this a great explantion to alot of things that future mages will see in the future. thanx!! hats off to you!!

hey fook what build is urs iam good fan of ur mage i <3 him he soo leet

idefix

Originally posted by Chuck Norris+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Chuck Norris)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-idefix
    tbh, getting +21 armor is 100 times easier for paper gear, u know why? u can buy em from npc, so u can try them as many as u can afford to. the shells +1 cost so much mor and the scrolls cost a lot more, so paperarmor to +21 goes faster than shells.
    You can't reverse paper gear, so you'll never get it to +21. To be reversible an item it has to be high class at +1.[/b]
    ok sry my bad. but isnt +21 reversed just teh same as +10 normal??

FoOoK

well right now, my mage build is flame/ice with all grade 2 armor to accompany his new +6 staff of janus31 staff for exp. (since the staff requires only 100 INT, i maxed out MP, 255, and at 71 i had 6 extra stats into HP)

But when we pk serious again, i'll restat and reskill back to ice/lightning.

the reason i choose to use grade 2/3 gears is to be able to have the neccesary INT/MP while maximizing my HP. I dont wear completes because you have to sacrifice alot into INT and MP to beable to wear the armor. So thus, i lose alot of HP. However, you might say i lose AC with the grade 2/3 build, but this is not true because as im maximizing my HP, im also increasing AC. (there is an HP to AC ratio that adds up for most that dont know).

Also I sacrificed some stat points to have 71 Strenght, by doing so i was able to use Lobo/ Lycaon hammer and a chitin shield +6, again maximizing my HP/AC/Resistance.

It just takes some time, effort, and mistakes to come up with a great mage build, and i believe i did a good job

Solstice

Paper class isn't dead unfortunately, so there are more 1mil np meteor town noobs to come

well right now, my mage build is flame/ice with all grade 2 armor to accompany his new +6 staff of janus31 staff for exp. *(since the staff requires only 100 INT, i maxed out MP, 255, and at 71 i had 6 extra stats into HP)

the reason i choose to use grade 2/3 gears is to be able to have the neccesary INT/MP while maximizing my HP. *I dont wear completes because you have to sacrifice alot into INT and MP to beable to wear the armor. *So thus, i lose alot of HP. *However, you might say i lose AC with the grade 2/3 build, but this is not true because as im maximizing my HP, im also increasing AC. (there is an HP to AC ratio that adds up for most that dont know).

Also I sacrificed some stat points to have 71 Strenght, by doing so i was able to use Lobo/ Lycaon hammer and a chitin shield +6, again maximizing my HP/AC/Resistance.

It just takes some time, effort, and mistakes to come up with a great mage build, and i believe i did a good job
    why 2/3 why not just plain 2 or plain 3? like are some parts of 2 like DD or some sort or other way arround

Pwner4Last

well right now, my mage build is flame/ice with all grade 2 armor to accompany his new +6 staff of janus31 staff for exp. *(since the staff requires only 100 INT, i maxed out MP, 255, and at 71 i had 6 extra stats into HP)

the reason i choose to use grade 2/3 gears is to be able to have the neccesary INT/MP while maximizing my HP. *I dont wear completes because you have to sacrifice alot into INT and MP to beable to wear the armor. *So thus, i lose alot of HP. *However, you might say i lose AC with the grade 2/3 build, but this is not true because as im maximizing my HP, im also increasing AC. (there is an HP to AC ratio that adds up for most that dont know).

Someone is rich, i can imagen your life.

-Janus come exp
    -K i go reskill
    -NVM janus we are full now
    -K i go reskill back
    -Janus come exp
    -k iam going to reskill
    -Okey now we are full u don't have to come
    -K i go reskill back

Yeah like 50m to reskill

FoOoK

thats too overexaggerated

actually, noone ask janus to come exp in clan cause im on mage
    sometimes i just come anyways
    I dont rely on harpy aoe or other mages so i dont have to worry about full parties
    I reskill only when necessary and tbh, 50m isnt much compared to the cost of POTS warriors use to exp hardcore

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by lerX
    bps have it worse, all the quest items are like chitin, shell, priest crackers etc...its sucks
    lol, you want a quest that gives you paper clothes? rofl. Go kill 250 worms. Make sure you loot them. Then go to a NPC in moradon lol

R4zor

why does everybody assume reversing is better than normal upgrading? 3 times 50% chance isnt any harder than 1 time and 12,5% chance..

It's not like because you can reverse shell that it's easier to make it +8 or +9 than paper armour

thats too overexaggerated

actually, noone ask janus to come exp in clan cause im on mage
    sometimes i just come anyways
    I dont rely on harpy aoe or other mages so i dont have to worry about full parties
    I reskill only when necessary and tbh, 50m isnt much compared to the cost of POTS warriors use to exp hardcore
    i know that too well

SuperRajiv The Spasian ResserGD's Avatar

lol.. it seems as though you are comparing a mage to other classes (warrior to be more specific), which is a bad idea. *Each class has its advantage and disadvantages, and even within the classes, how you build your character has the adv and disadv. as well.

The Support mage: This is a mage where you dont give a crap about the damage you do and is usually ice or lightning. *With this type of mage, its best to max out your HP (meaning enough INT for the armor you have, then the rest into HP). *This way, you will stay alive to tank and tp your party. *Also as you mentioned, you can wear crimson or complete and could "possibly" upgrade it pass +9. *But like you said again, if you think it only benefits high class armor wearing people, then follow your instincts but once you become complete and doing crap damage, you would rather stuff all those stat points into HP. *(i personally do not prefer maxing out INT, because ive tested and it doesnt really stun any better)

The Damage Dealer:
    Yes you do sacrifice major AC and HP (depending on your build) to inflict a serious amount of pain. *If you are the type that loves to KS or see 1k + damage on your info bar, then its worth giving up that AC because trust me, the guy receiving the damage is crying like a bytch. *You complain about a lvl 80 warrior spamming you for 1k but then again, at lvl 80, most people would probably go with the first mage build (great ac and max MP at 80) so he wouldnt be hitting you for 1k would he *so you are not screwed my friend. *

So its basically up to you, take your pick. *Do insane damage, or stay alive longer. *But if we are looking towards the future of a lvl 80 mage, you are looking at 4 possibilities: *a massive and possible 5k+ HP paper mage that does great damage, a strong complete mage with maxed out Magic power doing heavy damage while tanking people with its good AC, or a wicked complete mage that max out HP to tank full parties, or a nasty Paper mage that max out HP as well having possibly 7k+ HP.

Its how you build you character. *you cant have everything (AC, HP, AP), but you can balance it out. (now add a chitin shield to any of the builds above and its just pure ownage.)
    lol tha was pretty good i must admit

dirka

Janus/Foook.... Please post screen shot of your Janus staff

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast