Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Selling Accounts bannable

This is a discussion on Selling Accounts bannable within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; my friend got banned for selling account for usd on ko4life[/b] lol, i "agree" I sold 2 chars for usd ...
Page: 10

Banned

my friend got banned for selling account for usd on ko4life[/b]
    lol, i "agree"
    I sold 2 chars for usd on ko4life, and never said in this topic what was the name of the char, cuz of it.

OLD1953

Hmmm..I made topic like this a few months ago,about accounts getting banned for selling prem + game accounts.Yes,they&#39;re looking at this or some other topic :unsure: <_< right now,have spy names..Won&#39;t ever find out what...Hard to ban their IP and for sure it won&#39;t happen.Anyways,I agree with GROBS and say have your selling discussion somewhere else,forums aren&#39;t always the best way.[/b]
    Not that hard, just put some IP&#39;s you suspect into ARIN, and up pops the owner.

Example:

Search ARIN WHOIS for: 207.38.30.1
    Intelenet Communications INTELENET-207 (NET-207-38-0-0-1)
    207.38.0.0 - 207.38.127.255
    K2 Network, Inc ICI-K2NETWORK-1 (NET-207-38-30-0-1)
    207.38.30.0 - 207.38.30.255

Which tells you their ISP is INTELNET and that K2 is assigned that entire 254 IP block. (yeah, yeah, it&#39;s 256, but there are two reserved so you get 254)

Just go here and plug them in.

http://ws.arin.net/whois

True, they could be doing office work via roadrunner or something - but I really doubt it. I never saw a company with IT staff onboard that didn&#39;t decide to keep it all inhouse.

Not that hard, just put some IP&#39;s you suspect into ARIN, and up pops the owner.

Example:

Search ARIN WHOIS for: 207.38.30.1
    Intelenet Communications INTELENET-207 (NET-207-38-0-0-1)
    207.38.0.0 - 207.38.127.255
    K2 Network, Inc ICI-K2NETWORK-1 (NET-207-38-30-0-1)
    207.38.30.0 - 207.38.30.255

Which tells you their ISP is INTELNET and that K2 is assigned that entire 254 IP block. (yeah, yeah, it&#39;s 256, but there are two reserved so you get 254)

Just go here and plug them in.

http://ws.arin.net/whois

True, they could be doing office work via roadrunner or something - but I really doubt it. I never saw a company with IT staff onboard that didn&#39;t decide to keep it all inhouse.[/b]
    There are many ways to cloak your ip. Web proxies, Proxies, etc etc.

You can&#39;t legally sell your account, in game items, etc etc. They are not yours to sell. They are considered intellectual property which K2 has right to. What you can sell is time. "The time spent collecting this item", "the time spent to level up this account". Legally, K2 can&#39;t do anything if you sell "time" and you aren&#39;t breaking the Terms of Service. But, they don&#39;t care regardless and they will ban you. Why? It&#39;s in the TOS. They can choose to terminate "your" account anytime for any reason, because technically it&#39;s not "your" account, it is their property.

banaanc

flaming police officer cause he gave u ticket for speeding ?

OLD1953

There are many ways to cloak your ip. Web proxies, Proxies, etc etc.

You can&#39;t legally sell your account, in game items, etc etc. They are not yours to sell. They are considered intellectual property which K2 has right to. What you can sell is time. "The time spent collecting this item", "the time spent to level up this account". Legally, K2 can&#39;t do anything if you sell "time" and you aren&#39;t breaking the Terms of Service. But, they don&#39;t care regardless and they will ban you. Why? It&#39;s in the TOS. They can choose to terminate "your" account anytime for any reason, because technically it&#39;s not "your" account, it is their property.[/b]
    And this has what to do with the discussion we were having? K2 suddenly grew the right to come to this board and monitor it, and ban people on the results of that data mining? Just where did anyone sign an agreement that says that?

And the blind proxies are already blocked for the most part, because of the Turk vs Tez war about eight months back.

For a business owner to pay any kind of attention to the contents of a web forum shows total idiocy, given the nature of web fora and the well known and utterly demonstrable fact that people often post lies.

ChocoSq1

Another thought :

Many users has "MyOldChar - Sold" in their sig. Remove it plz.
    Don&#39;t help K2 to ban the new owners.

And this has what to do with the discussion we were having? K2 suddenly grew the right to come to this board and monitor it, and ban people on the results of that data mining? Just where did anyone sign an agreement that says that?

And the blind proxies are already blocked for the most part, because of the Turk vs Tez war about eight months back.

For a business owner to pay any kind of attention to the contents of a web forum shows total idiocy, given the nature of web fora and the well known and utterly demonstrable fact that people often post lies.[/b]
    The first part of my post was aim as a reply to your post.

The second part of my post was aim towards a reply to someone else who posted "K2 can&#39;t do this"

Its not the business owner who is paying attention. It is the employees. You know the people who get paid for taking care of matter such as these? Etc Etc? Its not them that are showing idiocy.

3thos

Moe just raped GROBS&#39;s face. [/b]

moe rapes everyones face when it comes to who is right and wrong, i will give the guy that, people who are from ranking will know this.

@old1953,

there is no point in argueing with moe, seriously, you will lose even when you are right because moe is just unstoppable.

you still banned from ranking? I&#39;ve missed you.

moe rapes everyones face when it comes to who is right and wrong, i will give the guy that, people who are from ranking will know this.
    @old1953,

there is no point in argueing with moe, seriously, you will lose even when you are right because moe is just unstoppable.
    you still banned from ranking? I&#39;ve missed you. [/b]
    I quit ranking after posting msn logs of neccy&#39;s (the admin of koranking) scamming, duping, macroing, etc endeavors. I guess I am on "ban list" after that. They have retarded people leading now. I heard the forum has turned into a turk forum. As in, at night during American peak hours, the forum has 4 people on. Ko4life is way better when it comes to having game discussions. You should stay here. I am only here to sell my account on girakon. You can add me on msn if you want.

Grobs dont have to pay anything back,

They both violated the ToS which you sign up to, USD Trades are not allowed.

herefore they are both in the wrong.

OLD1953

@old1953,

you still banned from ranking? I&#39;ve missed you. [/b]
    I suppose the board mods need to put up a notice on the forum saying "current employees of K2 are forbidden to use this board as a resource to investigate anything relating to sales of items by individuals or groups". At that point, even Moe has to admit that K2 can&#39;t do this "legally", as entering this forum indicates that you have to abide by the forum rules - even if you do work for K2.

Banned

Another thought :

Many users has "MyOldChar - Sold" in their sig. Remove it plz.
    Don&#39;t help K2 to ban the new owners.
    [/b]
    100% True, and.. in ko forum ppl use the same sig, and LUTZ (and others mod from ko4life) use sig saying "Nickname - ko4life Administrator" (exemple) (case of Lutz), helping publicity for k2 know the forum and going to ban 1000+ users..
    They just want to know :
    - Server
    - IGN
    (The mostly of members have igc and server on "perfil")

I suppose the board mods need to put up a notice on the forum saying "current employees of K2 are forbidden to use this board as a resource to investigate anything relating to sales of items by individuals or groups". At that point, even Moe has to admit that K2 can&#39;t do this "legally", as entering this forum indicates that you have to abide by the forum rules - even if you do work for K2.[/b]
    Legally, in the United States one policy cannot contradict another policy. Since "sales of items" (their copywrite intellectual material) is illegal in the first place, they can do whatever they can to catch the violaters. If Ko4life were to sue them for "breach of disclaimer", they (K2) would win. The courts would further ask Ko4life to discontinue allowing people to sell/buy items.

For example, lets consider Music sharing. Many websites contain similar disclaimers to keep the RIAA, MPAA, etc out . Do these anti-piracy agency give a shit? Nope. You shouldn&#39;t be downloading music in the first place.

In recent news, if anyone watches Anime (I don&#39;t I was just reading about it), think about Odex. They use the trackers from "AnimeSuki" to catch any Singaporean IP that downloaded anime from that website via bittorent. Even when AnimeSuki&#39;s had similar disclaimer which clearly states that they do not host any files and is only a resource page for unlicensed anime, Odex sued a 9 year old kid and won. They (anime freaks from Singapore) are trying to counter-sue, but most lawyers agree that they have no case.

OLD1953

Legally, in the United States one policy cannot contradict another policy. Since "sales of items" (their copywrite intellectual material) is illegal in the first place, they can do whatever they can to catch the violaters. If Ko4life were to sue them for "breach of disclaimer", they (K2) would win. The courts would further ask Ko4life to discontinue allowing people to sell/buy items.

For example, lets consider Music sharing. Many websites contain similar disclaimers to keep the RIAA, MPAA, etc out . Do these anti-piracy agency give a shit? Nope. You shouldn&#39;t be downloading music in the first place.

In recent news, if anyone watches Anime (I don&#39;t I was just reading about it), think about Odex. They use the trackers from "AnimeSuki" to catch any Singaporean IP that downloaded anime from that website via bittorent. Even when AnimeSuki&#39;s had similar disclaimer which clearly states that they do not host any files and is only a resource page for unlicensed anime, Odex sued a 9 year old kid and won. They (anime freaks from Singapore) are trying to counter-sue, but most lawyers agree that they have no case.[/b]

Lets see, how shall I put this: how about : You are dead wrong. K2 is NOT a police officer or arm of the government, it is a corporation and has FEWER rights than an ordinary citizen. If you don&#39;t think so, go vote as K2Network Corp and see how far you get.

RIAA and the DMCA do not apply, nobody is violating K2&#39;s copyrights here. Not that they have a copyright in the first place.

Boyce

zzzzz i know of a nice fellow that got banned cause he was soloing uruk trons for xp as archer....and wasnt running into the group to loot.....

if k2 was smart enough they could watch the guy for a bit because if hes auto looting...then every once and a while the x2 thing would go above his head....

i do it all time...i can tell diferance between koxp and a zr archer.....guess it helps that i was an archer for a long time but still....they should do shit more legitly and not get ban happy.[/b]
    Thats why i said most of the time, i know k2 can be fuckin stupid and they seem to ban people incorrecty for koxping, a lot.

Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast