Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Send a letter to Mgames?

This is a discussion on Send a letter to Mgames? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; again i state they follow there own TOS for most part...the one or two things they dont follow are not ...
Page: 2

Banned

again i state they follow there own TOS for most part...the one or two things they dont follow are not enough to go to trial

OLD1953

If anyone can ever prove they are getting information or patches or money from the KOXP programmers, that would be actionable. It's been rumored forever, but I've never seen any proof of it. And I have tried to find a link, if there is one, it's pretty well hidden.

Since the TOS says they will ban for various offenses, they do have to make an attempt in that direction. Any proof they are in fact profiting in some way from permitting illegal play would be a serious enough TOS violation to burn them in court.

Banned

well ofc any proof of that or them knowing about gm edited chars then we can do something but that proof will not be there

they cover there tracks well man

wraith86

Why does K2 insist on being an online scam company? Why not make KO a really good clean game? Look at what blizzard has done for wow, I bet if players brought forth enough proof K2 would be shutdown. Do they enjoy riding on the edge of being legal and corrupt?

OLD1953

I think the problem stems from the nature of the company in the beginning. When USKO was first started, K2 paid only 75K for the license, according to the story in a Korean gaming trade mag I dug up.

Original KO was somewhat popular, however, even then it was apparent that duping was utterly rampant and GM were essentially clowns. There wasn't much in the way of hacks, and K2 did little to discourage duping and hacking.

When KE came out, gold bars were removed from the game to cut down on duping, and K2 took a good bit of action against hackers. This was when the Turks really started to pour in, and the Turk cafes started promoting KOXP. Corrupt GM's were discovered, and several fired or otherwise terminated.

K2 had progressed from a hole in the wall to an actual mid size company at this point, but they still didn't have enough employees to cover all the bases. In every case of a huge breakout of cheats, there was a new game or major server change occuring at the time, and they simply let things go.

Launch of Global MU - huge KOXP breakout. Launch of WarRock, huge KOXP breakout. Launch of this new golf game, huge KOXP breakout. Upgrade to KE, huge KOXP breakout. Launch of Drake, ditto.

Every major effort means pulling people from everywhere to get it done on time, and that means all the old games catch short shrift.

Hopefully, they'll soon be making enough money that they can actually hire 24/7 GM's, or maybe outsource to a third party, because 24/7 GM coverage is all that will take us though the KOXP mess.

hasn't tez made it clear enough yet?

as stated above by him, there is nothing we can do at this moment and unless somebody manages to get their hands on some real proof / evidence there will never be anything we can do...

and as you can see he has tried a few things already ...

now please stop going around telling things such as they should do this and that and look at how blizzard did it ... things like that won't get us anywhere

we just need an inside spy and we're set :wub:

Originally posted by OLD1953
    I think the problem stems from the nature of the company in the beginning. *When USKO was first started, K2 paid only 75K for the license, according to the story in a Korean gaming trade mag I dug up.

Original KO was somewhat popular, however, even then it was apparent that duping was utterly rampant and GM were essentially clowns. *There wasn't much in the way of hacks, and K2 did little to discourage duping and hacking.

When KE came out, gold bars were removed from the game to cut down on duping, and K2 took a good bit of action against hackers. *This was when the Turks really started to pour in, and the Turk cafes started promoting KOXP. *Corrupt GM's were discovered, and several fired or otherwise terminated.

K2 had progressed from a hole in the wall to an actual mid size company at this point, but they still didn't have enough employees to cover all the bases. *In every case of a huge breakout of cheats, there was a new game or major server change occuring at the time, and they simply let things go. * *

Launch of Global MU - huge KOXP breakout. *Launch of WarRock, huge KOXP breakout. *Launch of this new golf game, huge KOXP breakout. *Upgrade to KE, huge KOXP breakout. *Launch of Drake, ditto.

Every major effort means pulling people from everywhere to get it done on time, and that means all the old games catch short shrift.

Hopefully, they'll soon be making enough money that they can actually hire 24/7 GM's, or maybe outsource to a third party, because 24/7 GM coverage is all that will take us though the KOXP mess.
    was not directed at you, you posted before i finished mine xD
    u said something intelligent ^_^

such an old topic...mgames doesn't question how KO gets their money. they just want money for no work. they never did support k2 the way they're contractually obligated to...but oh wells.
    mgames got newer and better games to pay attention to and work on, not some decade old game like KO.
    just let the money come in, don't question how it was gathered.

Banned

Originally posted by wraith86
    Why does K2 insist on being an online scam company? Why not make KO a really good clean game? Look at what blizzard has done for wow, I bet if players brought forth enough proof K2 would be shutdown. Do they enjoy riding on the edge of being legal and corrupt?
    have you missed my whole point or moral of my story hold on all let me bold it for you

WE CHOOSE TO PLAY.........WE LET THEM STAY THE WAY THEY ARE.....STOP PAYING THEY WILL LISTEN

wraith86

I was in the no premium for november but alot of people bought premium when the gobble was released... K2 > KO community I guess.

DarkFlare

Originally posted by wraith86+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(wraith86)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-KrepiN
    been tryed before, failed just like having a dlw char as main and lvl +70 as second also fail
    You are a cheese dick.

Might I add you also fail if you play on cypher.[/b]
    lol calling him a doobie Dick would have been funnier cus when gurls go to suk his dik taht gotta suk it like takinn a toke from a doobie :P lol

Originally posted by Tez/Aja

listen i am not saying in our eyes its fair or not mis represented but from the stand point of the law k2 does cover there ass with there contracts....thats the law whether its fair or not you have to ask O.J. on that one

downtimes are not a legal ground for conviction, missing trinas are addressed by them and they do try to fix them if you tell them, its free to play and always has been example would be gobble event even d1 is loadable if there is not turks on it, as far as the gm edited chars you have prove to the law that k2 is making these people use them or knowingly letting them use them.

i am not saying k2 or mgames is being fair to its players both paying and non paying i hate what they do and i would love to quit but i just cut back to playing like 2 days per week cause i dont want to move to a diff game to pass my time simply cause i dont want to have to waste another year of my life gaining items and levels

but its my choice to play a great game run by a shit company as it all of ours

decide what you want to do and run with it...dont worry about whats behind you
    same prob here, second i hit 80 on this game im a ghost from the online world permanently

i can only hope that other companies take a look at k2s gaming performance and realize the problem with their customers and when i say this i mean turks. i hope other companies will see the high number of turks that play games (which is good for them), but the fact that all they do is cheat and destroy games (which is bad if its a company that wants to last), i hope other gamer companies take this as a serious warning but i wont be around to see it.

woot

Originally posted by wraith86
    I was in the no premium for november but alot of people bought premium when the gobble was released... K2 > KO community I guess.
    the gobble probly was a response to "no premium in november"

this only proves players can push k2 to make changes

Lawless

Simple way to look at it is this....K2 already paid m-games for the game licence and x amount of tech service (whatever the terms were), As far as M-games is concerned (about a 4 year old game from their standpoint) their involvement is limited to how much K2 wants to pay them to fix stuff. If k2 aint paying for it m-games can give a flying feck

Black Irish Senior Member sir_locksley's Avatar

one second thing is MGames isnt all that smart either. They dont try to make one great game thats gonna make them lots of cash in just that game like other companies (i.e. Blizzard and WoW) Instead they try to make decent amounts from many games. If u havent noticed they pump out a new game every month or so -_-

They release a new game. Make it free for awhile then add all this bullshit like they did KO. After making some cash they leave it entirely to the shit companies they sold rights to and focus on their next game released.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast