Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Serious Question about Policies of K2

This is a discussion on Serious Question about Policies of K2 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Devile A formal penalty guide that clearly states offenses like duping, macroing, glitching, etc. like the one ...
Page: 2

Cryptology

Originally posted by Devile
    A formal penalty guide that clearly states offenses like duping, macroing, glitching, etc. like the one that existed in the past is required. That will leave no room for GMs to abuse their power, neither customers to complain about abuses.
    There's one still there, actually.

https://www.knightonlineworld.com/index.php...php?pg=policies

It doesn't seem that K2 actually follows this, however. The penalties seem decent to me, but alas, as you guys said, someone is banned and shortly unbanned by the next GM to log on. :

xourico

Originally posted by Devile
    U ever tried to contact a GM? How u do it? Are their addresses posted anywhere in the official web/forums? Emails? Phone? MSN? No. U go to unofficial forum and bounce to all corners of the universe to get it.
    lol

"AHHHH phantom_rouge I was hacked please HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!"

"phantom macroers in dx at golems BAN THEM PLEASE"

"phantom that phantom this..." <_<

phantom are u a super hero?? :lol:
    phantom, if you really have GM contacts, tell the GM/GMs to register at forums like this... <_<
    maybe some will learn something???

We all still have contacts - GM's know about this forum as they do rankings. But we wasnt allowed to post on ranking coz KOLA said so

this debate is futile they dont give a shit. we all know they do not adhere to any codes or protocols. a lot of bannings are personal as are unbannings. camaz0tz was perma banned instead of 5 day banned, whereas hardcore dupers are unbanned after a couple of days minus a couple of items, or sometimes they are unbanned in exchange for a working dupe method.

Most of us are still playing despite the management, not because of them.

1 thing thing to say : Its all about the Money !!!

/end post

EDIT: not gonna waste time talking about K2... they won't change and they never will ( UsKo exists 2 years now and nothing good has happened ! )
    they don't give a ****, aslong as they get their $$$ :angry:

Banned Senior Member

Originally posted by xourico+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(xourico)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Devile
    U ever tried to contact a GM? How u do it? Are their addresses posted anywhere in the official web/forums? Emails? Phone? MSN? No. U go to unofficial forum and bounce to all corners of the universe to get it.
    lol

"AHHHH phantom_rouge I was hacked please HELP!!! HELP!!! HELP!!!"

"phantom macroers in dx at golems BAN THEM PLEASE"

"phantom that phantom this..." <_<

phantom are u a super hero?? :lol:
    phantom, if you really have GM contacts, tell the GM/GMs to register at forums like this... <_<
    maybe some will learn something??? [/b]
    ya.... thats my usual ingame/forum pm's I get <_< oh well, I worked for where I am today and dont mind getting spammed the odd time

Originally posted by 0000000
    this debate is futile they dont give a shit. we all know they do not adhere to any codes or protocols. a lot of bannings are personal as are unbannings. camaz0tz was perma banned instead of 5 day banned, whereas hardcore dupers are unbanned after a couple of days minus a couple of items, or sometimes they are unbanned in exchange for a working dupe method. *

Most of us are still playing despite the management, not because of them.
    Sadly I agree with the part that they dont give a shit. Yet, til I play this screwed game, I rather by positive/helpful than overcritical/negative. I believe that if im gonna keep playing, I rather give feedback and help, eventho 99% of it will be ignored.

That 1% is better than nothing.

There are three main reasons for posts like this:

1) It provides a place to give honest feedback given by dedicated players and it seems some past GMs (was surprised of the response from them - im a noob to the politics of this game). Who knows, maybe someone will read them - I will be posting a summary of this to the suggestions section on the official forum.

2) It begins to create a community of people who want to improve the administration of the game. If we could unite current dedicated players/past GMs in to a core of responsible players who could report cheating in a structured manner with proof, it would make the GMs job easier.

3) It lets those of us who want to see a better game vent frustrations so we feel better. This may be the only positive to come from this, but without hope there is nothing.

Seems to me the common thread I'm seeing here is an inconsistency in the application of the Code of Conduct, lack of structure in the GM system and the fact that players banned by one GM can get unbanned.

Adding structure to the GM system would solve the first two by providing an online database for all GMs including activity log, banning system that only allows a ban of the duration prescribed by the code of conduct with unbanning only allowed with the approval of the original GM as well as a secondary party (GM or CS), a warning system for lighter offenses that GMs could reference, and an event tracking system (GMs should have to run at least 1 event per week - might cut down on the FUCK YOU GM comments).

When it comes to the unbanning issue - as I said above, requiring 2 people to approve unbanning would provide oversight to the process, but there are other ways around the bans that need to be addressed also. Issues with the account handling by the game itself allow players to circumvent bans (not going to list the specifics here) these bugs must be fixed byt he developers or cheaters will continue to prosper.

Like I said - I think this discussion was helpful (at least for me) and I will be constructing a more detailed suggestion letter for KOLA with my offer to construct the database for them (its not that hard).

Let's see if it actually helps - lol.

Banned Senior Member

it was mentioned before that the communication within K2 needs to be better. When Jess was a GM, she only had a few contacts, hell she didnt even know that Averie or Saturo were both coming to Diez, she found out after they were intro'd to the server. Communication/Organization is somthing they need to make things a little better

I offered them to use a ban script that i had from something else ( KOACR devile)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12