Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

k2 stealin ideas off blizzard.

This is a discussion on k2 stealin ideas off blizzard. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; i think i posted a topic on this already, sayin that k2 stole a few mage skills.. mana shield and ...
Page: 1

idefix

Default k2 stealin ideas off blizzard.

i think i posted a topic on this already, sayin that k2 stole a few mage skills.. mana shield and blink... also otherstuff like that...
    now i see that rofd is kinda the same expansion that blizzard is doin to wow, burning crusade : therell be max lvl raised to lvl 70 in wow, 80 in ko. new mobs in both expansions. in wow, new raid instances, in KO theres new events like bifrost... new maps... everything is the same in both expansions, its just that blizzard has been workin on it for like over half a year, and k2 prolly just went to blizzards site a few months ago and decided to steal that idea too lol...

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

mana shield is in MANY games...its not a copy, blink once again its in MANY games...omg they copied wow by EXPANDING THE GAME!?!?! good god did blizzard INVENT expansions? :rollseyes:

Psy

If we are pointing fingers at mmorpgs for copying, we can say that WoW copied Everquest, everquest copied D&D, and D&D is the origional. In the end, noone can be origional. No lawsuites can't be filed because no copywright infringement has occured.

Moral? put a patent on that shit

Default Re: k2 stealin ideas off blizzard.

Originally posted by idefix
    i think i posted a topic on this already, sayin that k2 stole a few mage skills.. mana shield and blink... also otherstuff like that...
    now i see that rofd is kinda the same expansion that blizzard is doin to wow, burning crusade : therell be max lvl raised to lvl 70 in wow, 80 in ko. new mobs in both expansions. in wow, new raid instances, in KO theres new events like bifrost... new maps... everything is the same in both expansions, its just that blizzard has been workin on it for like over half a year, and k2 prolly just went to blizzards site a few months ago and decided to steal that idea too lol...
    I'm pretty sure all of the stuff in Ice Age has been out for a LONG time from korean/japko and k2 got it from mgames.

redfieldTnT

also some skills in dungeon siege and neverwinter nights have same name as in knights and in wow

90% of ideas on MMORPGs or other online games always have come from or have been inspired by previous generation games, there is no reason to complain about it.

k2 didnt do shit in RoFd except from transelating it, and im not even sure they did that. k2 only hosts ko. the didnt do anything in it, and tnx god for that or else that game would have looked like maple story and have x100 more bugs.
    about copying, maybe the skills here and there, but ur realy stupid if u think that addidng new maps and mobs counts as copying since THATS WHAT AN EXPENSION IS ALL ABOUT, ADDING NEW STUFF.

Technicolor

idefix....... grow up and get over 15 kk men........ O NOES K2 STOLE SHIT FROM BLÝZZARD...... wouldnt that be M Game/Noah systems then -_-

Countess

Let me explain :

Diablo II Lord Of Destruction (1998 year of game) -

Sorceress skills : Mana Shield , Teleport, Frozen armor, Nova, Blizzard
    Warrior : i can only remember breserk atm
    Assasin : blink(as finishing move)
    Item sealing Act III you can put your name on the item you want
    WoW :

Letters that you can send items/ money from them
    graphic interface (not the same but its really look alike)
    quests that are about the same (250 hunts for exp or items)
    Item Sealing in ROFD is like Soul Bound in WOW

idefix

just that blink is mage skill in wow and in KO...

yeah i just thoguth that maybe there was something special in the expansion, but after all everything is copied from some old games. i dont care who copies off who, but its kinda getting stupid that no game anymore invents theyre own stuff, just copy it off some other ppl...

Countess

Originally posted by Eric
    90% of ideas on MMORPGs or other online games always have come from or have been inspired by previous generation games, there is no reason to complain about it.
    I agree but this is almost ridiculus.. many mmorpg has copied things from other rpg games but they at least try to cover it

Evergrace

EQ was and IS THE BEST MMORPG EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!

Psy

Originally posted by Evergrace
    EQ was and IS THE BEST MMORPG EVER !!!!!!!!!!!!
    level 70 necro here time/god geared on maelin starpyre. I got half way through GoD and quit, that game was a life sucking leech.

There's tons of others that are practically the same. I'm sure the topic creator meant that the names are exactly the same right along with function, which actualy is lame. Wow let's both call it Blink...zzz. And "mana" shield came out first in Diablo 1 in 1995 or so, which then became "energy" shield in Diablo 2. xD

almost all rpg games are copied from d&d, so what?

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast