Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Server1 higher succes rate

This is a discussion on Server1 higher succes rate within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; No one knows the anvil coding without being sql developers[/b] I have a couple of private servers here on my ...
Page: 3

Misanthrope

No one knows the anvil coding without being sql developers[/b]
    I have a couple of private servers here on my LAN with the 1098 version, another with the 1503 version - it's pretty straightforward in terms of adding/changing anvil success rates (i.e. updating the table with the %s. There's not a lot of hidden - just like drop rates and dropped items, it's pretty straight forward.

There could be a pattern which says after restart 1st item goes +8 , then 600 burns then next +8
    YOu can't tell , personally I prefer the less lag method simply because I find I had less burns occuring. [/b]
    Let me try and get a screenshot when I get home for you - but the table is simply built with each step in upgrading having a separate % value for it. There are no advanced algorithms or variances. It's actually very basic.

to set the anvil to 100% success you can use a simple sql inject with something like this for each of the UPGRADEEXT tables

UPDATE UPGRADEEXT9 SET siPercent0 = 100, siPercent1 = 100, siPercent2 = 100, siPercent3 = 100, siPercent4 = 100, siPercent5 = 100, siPercent6 = 100, siPercent7 = 100, siPercent8 = 100, siPercent9 = 100
    UPDATE UPGRADEEXT10 SET siPercent0 = 100, siPercent1 = 100, siPercent2 = 100, siPercent3 = 100, siPercent4 = 100, siPercent5 = 100, siPercent6 = 100, siPercent7 = 100, siPercent8 = 100, siPercent9 = 100
    UPDATE UPGRADEEXT11 SET siPercent0 = 100, siPercent1 = 100, siPercent2 = 100, siPercent3 = 100, siPercent4 = 100, siPercent5 = 100, siPercent6 = 100, siPercent7 = 100, siPercent8 = 100, siPercent9 = 100

In the end it all boils down to luck, as for the method about the slots not having any depedancy on the success rate this has been argued before why are there nine squares ?[/b]
    If you get a packet capture and look in ethereal at what comes from your computer there is no difference in a slot 1 and a slot 5 packet - so the server gets the same information from you regardless of slot. In very early version of KO (before USKO opened) there were variances in slot - and people figured out some of the basic patterns and were able to make +9 fairly regularly (see Xydonis). I would imagine that if the slot mattered (which would mean it was client driven) then it would be easily exploited/table edited/hacked so that it could appear to be coming from all the squares - thereby assuring success, etc ...

Banned Senior Member

d1 / d2 / d3 are the same...

[/b]
    I'm not going to quote all that because I couldn't be bothered to read it all again when I read it once. I knew about the tables because I've had a private server myself

I changed ALL the values to 100% like most ppl do and STILL had some items burn (like 1 in 50) .

Agreed about the slots , I knew about the packet sniffing without any value changing.

This leads me to believe anvil is not based on luck, slots or coding but it's based on lag.

When my pc or w/e did the av scan or something cpu intesive the items would then burn, basically when the server is busy you have more chance of burns occuring. Therefore upgrade on less laggier servers

emreverit

I guess you just need to be lucky

Banned

I guess you just need to be lucky[/b]
    are you trying to accomplish something ?

minhking

Well all servers are the same % thats what we all agree. Make me completes +8 please i will pay fairly

didinino

asd[/b]
    how the hell can u inject that, at ur server u could do w/e u want. here u need admin rights for it.
    and if it happens... bb ko:P

they wrote that avil very well, prolly its based on couple of things but it can take years to figure out an algorithm for it ..

i say luck ftw (and if u do /trade me some!)

bd-hoz

lol'd at peopel telling that they've made good upgrades on server 3

this is just luck, there is 2 ways to know how anvils works

1. getting a knight online creator to tell us (this wont happen )

2. doing a big survey and measure all the success/fails of all servers for each people with what item (this wont happen too )

everyone as his "secret" way of making upgrades but its just superstitions
    personnaly mine is to wait that the anvil got empty on server 1

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123