Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
Like Tree29Likes

Sh1t never change....

This is a discussion on Sh1t never change.... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Invasion went on for about 7 hours today on Cypher, which means not one "hard working" GM signed on during ...
Page: 7

Invasion went on for about 7 hours today on Cypher, which means not one "hard working" GM signed on during that time or new hire even read the forums. In the mean time azreal and ppl like like him are working harder than they people they are paying to convince themselves and others that Knight Online/NTT is GG. No self respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Bathory View Post
    Invasion went on for about 7 hours today on Cypher
    Lol wut

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Steez View Post
    Lol wut

/10char
    yeah wars bugged on 3 of 4 servers.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JayClaiba View Post
    I've been thinking about this.

Once I'm outta college I'm gonna round up a few of my game development boys that I've made friends with at college and recreate KO. The prob with KO is that it was developed in 2004 for computers with single core CPUs... This game must be redone with a powerful engine (Unity, most likely) and coded perfectly to allow the combo system to seem untouched. I would call it "Knight Universe" and it'll maintain many of the aspects of KO, upgrading, crafting, etc. But it'll be actually free2play with REASONABLE premium features, mostly aesthetic and decent EXP/NP boosts, scrolls will also be very very cheap to encourage pk! There would be a permanent pk-farm-exp-quest-raid server, where you keep your items, and a separate server based on seasons for the less dedicated/competitive/server-hopping community. Since people love starting fresh the server would run for 3 seasons and wipe itself at the end, giving players rankings + rewards based on the rankings.

Just some concept I've been writing in a .txt file for later. I graduate just before 2017, so development may take as long as 2018, if not longer, but I'm sure interest for Knight-based games will be maintained.

If any private server developer wants to steal this idea, feel free to. Just don't steal "Knight Universe" or actually develop the game before I get my chance ;p
    The issue with doing this is if you even show any resemblance to KO (in terms of graphics or even game play) you'll be issued a cease and desist pretty quickly (even though MGame is based in Asia, I think they can still do cease and desists?) if your game even becomes big enough to be competitive. Good luck with funding though, unless you're already a millionaire and can pay your friends a nice salary for this development

A DLW went on for atleast 6 hours a few days ago, I personally thought it was hilarious but I'm sure it annoyed some people.

Wow no GMs, no cheater ever gets banned wtfbbqxxxx

shame on these guys who using bug abuses....

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567