Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 116

Sheriffs are coming??

This is a discussion on Sheriffs are coming?? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well does not sound like a bad system but they just need players they can trust....
Page: 5


  1. #61
    LastManStanding2142
    Guest

    Default

    well does not sound like a bad system but they just need players they can trust.

  2. #62
    Senior Member pureownagenl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    118

    Default

    hmm i duno about this 1

  3. #63
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    679

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    here's the main problem with this:

    2 sheriffs.. one per nation? lets say so.

    how is an orc sheriff gonna know about a human cheater in elmo to report him and vice versa? Implement that train of thought into pk... sure in CZ both sheriffs can/could see KOXPRs in CZ... and report them. But.... what if they pick sheriffs that are lvl 70+....... how are they gonna be able to see cheaters in RLB and DCZ to report them? Are they gonna have to take the word of some random in pm?


    see how that fails already without even getting started? Pelos..... whats the low down on that? How are they gonna do the sheriff as far as the number/nation and such?
    the sherifs say must have chars tht belongs to all zones like 59-69- and +70 so thy wll go anc monitor other zones time to time. But again the sending jail after deciding right away shundt be the prior option i mean thy r human beings too and can make mistakes so there needs to be something like test phase so thy can do some research just to make sure then send to jail

  4. #64
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by AlexDeSouza View Post
    the sherifs say must have chars tht belongs to all zones like 59-69- and +70 so thy wll go anc monitor other zones time to time. But again the sending jail after deciding right away shundt be the prior option i mean thy r human beings too and can make mistakes so there needs to be something like test phase so thy can do some research just to make sure then send to jail
    The sheriffs cannot send anyone to jail--period. They have no power as an individual. They simply submit reports to the GMs

    The way the jail comes into the picture is server side.
    Example:
    Sheriff 1 reports a hacker. Nothing appears to happen and the hacker is still in the game until the report can be checked by a GM.

    Sheriff 2 sees the same guy hacking later and reports him.

    The server sees the second reported incident and immediately transports the player to the jail where he/she will be held until a GM investigates the character and either releases them if they were innocent or imposes the penalty called for by the offense if guilty.

  5. #65
    Senior Member mythlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    so pelos what happend's lets say if they abuse this during csw to win castle by both sheriffs reporting people so they get tped to jail.or something like that u know? where the sherrifs are in allied clans for it. do the sherrifs get perma banned or some severe punishment or that not thought of yet? I could honestly see that happening during big boss events and such also

  6. #66
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    216

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mythlost View Post
    so pelos what happend's lets say if they abuse this during csw to win castle by both sheriffs reporting people so they get tped to jail.or something like that u know? where the sherrifs are in allied clans for it. do the sherrifs get perma banned or some severe punishment or that not thought of yet? I could honestly see that happening during big boss events and such also
    If something like that happens it is highly likely that every account belonging to/played by the sheriffs involved will be permanently banned.
    The sheriffs will be accountable for their actions and abuse will not be tolerated

  7. #67
    Banned Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    718

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    I dare say I come close
    Negative.

    Based on one factor: You commit 'illegal activities' on a daily basis

    Sorry to burst your bubble. You would be brought up on the official forums for this reason.

    Quote Originally Posted by theArdream View Post
    HAHAHAHAHA this made my day.
    What if they make someone like jamesjack88/chuckie sheriff ?
    .....
    my god. I was hoping to go at least another month without having to hear about that preteen douchebag.

    Quote Originally Posted by pelos View Post
    The sheriffs will be accountable for their actions and abuse will not be tolerated
    Unfortunately 'abuse' is the most common crime in KO. What makes you think your staff is capable of running such a program? Sounds like more talk than action, again.

  8. #68
    Just do it Senior Member thing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Floridaaaaa
    Posts
    1,432

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post
    Negative.

    Based on one factor: You commit 'illegal activities' on a daily basis

    Sorry to burst your bubble. You would be brought up on the official forums for this reason.



    my god. I was hoping to go at least another month without having to hear about that preteen douchebag.



    Unfortunately 'abuse' is the most common crime in KO. What makes you think your staff is capable of running such a program? Sounds like more talk than action, again.
    No bubble's been burst
    Keyword in my statement being "close" - that minor fault being one of few.

  9. #69
    Senior Member regiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post

    Unfortunately 'abuse' is the most common crime in KO. What makes you think your staff is capable of running such a program? Sounds like more talk than action, again.
    +1, and the biggest problem is that any action can be called "abuse" cuz there is not enouf official statment/rules about many cases, and if sombody will be banned for abuse he cant even defend himself.

  10. #70
    Senior Member Ranzoape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Then who would be a good Sheriff?? I vote Draven But haven't we all done some minor infringements??

  11. #71
    Senior Member regiss's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    3,506

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ranzoape View Post
    Then who would be a good Sheriff?? I vote Draven But haven't we all done some minor infringements??
    yea i would vote for him too

  12. #72
    Senior Member mythlost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,023

    Default

    i would vote for know one because it doesn't matter who you vote it will be abused just like the king system.

  13. #73
    Senior Member Ranzoape's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    98

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mythlost View Post
    i would vote for know one because it doesn't matter who you vote it will be abused just like the king system.
    I do not rly agree with you. There are players on this server that are actually honest and can be trusted. When I look at Draven I know him to have set him self aside in some cases so he would not benefit from it, but others would and up their gameplay.

    Of course you can not be completely objective, but with knowing there is always something looking over your shoulder I think you can create a way for players to actually be sheriffs and follow the rules. In this online game you will, unfortunately, always need a GM looking over your shoulder. And as long as a sheriff will know his actions are being monitored and his job is being kept secret, he will do his job the way it should be.

  14. #74
    God. Moderator Kallop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Above you.
    Posts
    5,203

    Default

    Tbh no matter what.. the system will be abused. When a ''sheriff'' meets a person who he doesnt like and they might end up fighting online (lol), so the ''sheriff'' will just use any power to get rid of the bastard.

  15. #75
    Jak Senior Member Lavie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    1,061

    Default

    Instead of just aimlessly checkin reports, why doesnt a gm just wizz around and ban the blatant hackers real quick, then go to the cheat report thread for slimey basterds who hack durin pk?

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •