Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast

Sheriffs are coming??

This is a discussion on Sheriffs are coming?? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; As long as we can pk in jail is good because thats where every1 will be at......
Page: 6

As long as we can pk in jail is good because thats where every1 will be at...

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pelos View Post
    The sheriffs cannot send anyone to jail--period. They have no power as an individual. They simply submit reports to the GMs

The way the jail comes into the picture is server side.
    Example:
    Sheriff 1 reports a hacker. Nothing appears to happen and the hacker is still in the game until the report can be checked by a GM.

Sheriff 2 sees the same guy hacking later and reports him.

The server sees the second reported incident and immediately transports the player to the jail where he/she will be held until a GM investigates the character and either releases them if they were innocent or imposes the penalty called for by the offense if guilty.
    Pretty much usless system seince KOs gms are shit and takes forever for them to check all reported players, so it will result in them dropping this system because they have no time to check all reports.

Innocent players will be jailed forever because KO have no active GMs.

Needless to say that by giving 14 year old retards sheriff half this forum will be jailed for babashopping if they work together.

Retards will be retards.
    In theory it's all fine, if the sheriffs abuse their powers, they'll lose it and get punished - simple?

ima bet there will be some sort of hack so that any hacker can send ppl into jail..

badboys badboys what you gonna dooooo what you gonna do when they come for youuuuu

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    ima bet there will be some sort of hack so that any hacker can send ppl into jail..
    This, I wouldn't be surprised of >.>

N0rseman

They have 557 Replies ...
    That's not much ... but i think now it's just a matter of time.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Tbh no matter what.. the system will be abused. When a ''sheriff'' meets a person who he doesnt like and they might end up fighting online (lol), so the ''sheriff'' will just use any power to get rid of the bastard.
    I disagree. This is where maturity takes place. That's like saying every cop arrests someone they dont like. This is not the case, instead... there can be severe punishments for 'law enforcement abuse'. Of course, even some government officials abuse their powers. Politicans abuse their powers regularly.

Abuse is always a possibility. As we know GM's abuse their powers (more commonly in this game it seems....), regardless, there is no cure. So, this 'sheriff' crap is just another hope and dream that will be crushed before it starts.

It's becoming a tradition for K2 to start a prematurely-failed project.

I tend to just look at this idea, raise an eyebrow, and continue to expect nothing more than professional laziness from the staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Instead of just aimlessly checkin reports, why doesnt a gm just wizz around and ban the blatant hackers real quick, then go to the cheat report thread for slimey basterds who hack durin pk?
    A question I remember asking in the GM thread. Which ended up getting deleted.

Obviously cause it will have been asked before like 1m times. How much money do you think this game generates and how many ppl a 40.000 usd (including tax, healthcare etc.) a year you think they can employ for that?

game will get better when ppl that play it grow up AND cannot make easy money by cheating anymore.

My clan boss on ares is pretty much universally respected but I doubt he would like doing that job for the honor. (why should he?)

Look at the positive side guys, atleast they can clean Isi/Fela and bifrost for you

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by loveya View Post
    Look at the positive side guys, atleast they can clean Isi/Fela and bifrost for you
    Do you really expect 2 [unpaid] people to accomplish this on a daily basis?

They wont waste their time, GM's dont even waste their time on that.

Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post
    Do you really expect 2 [unpaid] people to accomplish this on a daily basis?

They wont waste their time, GM's dont even waste their time on that.
    Hence the point of the sheriff

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by thing View Post
    Hence the point of the sheriff
    Give it up already.

An ingame "sheriff" will never be a fulltime unpaid volunteer GM. It will likely consist of an active, well known, yet respectable player. Key word 'PLAYER'. And what do players want? to have fun and compete. If the goal is to find a player who will sacrifice their time and 'fun' to clean up K2's dirty work, then yes.... 'hence the point' - highly unlikely.

Unless, maybe, there's a reward for legitimate sentencing of abusers. Other than the wonderful reward of being under the toilet lid that K2 sits on.

So far, it seems the only reward for being a "sheriff" is to actually have a voice in KO. Which is fucking sad. Anyone who applies for this position clearly wants nothing but a title. Which says more about the person, underlining their true intentions. Nobody I can think of, of respectable trust, would bother.

Quote Originally Posted by MINO View Post
    Give it up already.

An ingame "sheriff" will never be a fulltime unpaid volunteer GM. It will likely consist of an active, well known, yet respectable player. Key word 'PLAYER'. And what do players want? to have fun and compete. If the goal is to find a player who will sacrifice their time and 'fun' to clean up K2's dirty work, then yes.... 'hence the point' - highly unlikely.

Unless, maybe, there's a reward for legitimate sentencing of abusers. Other than the wonderful reward of being under the toilet lid that K2 sits on.

So far, it seems the only reward for being a "sheriff" is to actually have a voice in KO. Which is fucking sad. Anyone who applies for this position clearly wants nothing but a title. Which says more about the person, underlining their true intentions. Nobody I can think of, of respectable trust, would bother.
    uhmm don't you think if they're well known the, the hacker would catch on to whoever the sheriff is and then just log out whenever he sees the sheriff online?

i don't think we should be speculating as to WHAT type of player gets it as apposed to what the pros and cons would be of this. personally i believe that the pros out-weigh the cons. and i also believe that the person should keep it secret, just sayin'

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by AmiT View Post
    uhmm don't you think if they're well known the, the hacker would catch on to whoever the sheriff is and then just log out whenever he sees the sheriff online?

i don't think we should be speculating as to WHAT type of player gets it as apposed to what the pros and cons would be of this. personally i believe that the pros out-weigh the cons. and i also believe that the person should keep it secret, just sayin'
    I agree totally.

But, it wont be a secret lol.

Sun Tzu would be wery wery disappointed.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast