Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Should KO introduce "Seasons?"

This is a discussion on Should KO introduce "Seasons?" within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just like some other games. Imagine having a new server launch every 3-6 months? Old server gets merged into "non-season" ...
Page: 1

I make u go TUUT TUT Senior Member kaspJuul's Avatar

Default Should KO introduce "Seasons?"

Just like some other games.

Imagine having a new server launch every 3-6 months?

Old server gets merged into "non-season" server.

Making people who likes the early rush be able to start all over once every 3 to 6 months - or people could simply play on the Non-seasoned server?

Anyone but me feels like this could be a decent way for everyone to be happy?

Little archer Senior Member

turks would be happy for sure

they love the word 'relaunch'
    SacruM likes this.

That's actually a really good idea..

Works well in Diablo 2 at least.

So people start on a fresh server and after 3-6 months their characters get merged into servers that exist 13 years + ? I think playing on a private server would be a better option in this case

Banned Member

Could work, but u need to improve a bit

Quote Originally Posted by kaspJuul View Post
    Just like some other games.

Imagine having a new server launch every 3-6 months?

Old server gets merged into "non-season" server.

Making people who likes the early rush be able to start all over once every 3 to 6 months - or people could simply play on the Non-seasoned server?

Anyone but me feels like this could be a decent way for everyone to be happy?
    Would take some changes in the actual game coding to make it possible, unless you want to make a new account each "season". Other than that, it's not a horrible idea. It would give people a reason to play new servers and help them accumulate money and gear in the non-season server. Not sure if the game is lively enough to make it truly work though.

I think in order to make seasons appealing they would have to include some sort of end of the season awards - that you can win both individually and as a clan. Like #1 in server, top 10, etc. Maybe even include a big end of the season clan v clan tournament.

This game is so successful already for them when they open new servers, and just merge old ones so I'm not sure what the appeal to them would be to make this change. Maybe if they make more profits having new seasonal servers released on schedule.

Banned

well its a good idea

Little archer Senior Member

I was thinking the other day how BDW is the closest KO has to a 'solo queue' kind of arena playstyle. It would be cool if it was more expanded upon, and add the classic bronze / silver / gold brackets and the ability to queue into it at any time you want.

Kinda off topic, but the word "seasons" got me thinking
    HenkaN75 and Diver like this.

I think a seasons system would be lit, everyone plays the game as if it had seasons anyways, very few people stick around for more than a few months at a time and it would probably generate more money for NTT which they very obviously love.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

sounds awful, all the incentive is for server hoppers while people who want to keep their 3 months of progress get thrown in against high level items.

iTzBryan Senior Member

What if your items and level got reset but your NP/clan ranking stayed?

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by itzbryan View Post
    What if your items and level got reset but your NP/clan ranking stayed?
    I'd want the opposite, if i spend weeks playing the market or farming to upgrade having it reset would be awful. While making NP takes no time whatsoever.

To better explain my previous point.

If i start on a server and it takes me a few weeks to get up to lets say, a raptor 8 and chitin 8 set. Then i can play with the items I worked for while also slowly getting better items. That is the ideal for me personally. ( I'm in the minority I know that )

My issue was the whole throwing people into a merged server after 3 months, means my chitin 8 and raptor 8, is now playing against +11 cursed weapons and +11 krowaz after the 3 month season ends.

( this is how seasons work in path of exile, they throw you out of the current league into the standard league. )

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

Tbh the only way for new players to jump in without spending tons of real money is new a new server. Or they would have to completely change the loot system. Making items non-tradeable and more easily obtained would make things more balanced.
    Also hi peeps, been a while since I've been around. For some reason I had a dream about my old KO character and had to check out if these forums are still alive.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Make Knight Online 2 a reality.

A new and improved game, with updated mechanics, new gameplay, better graphics and anything that current meta mmorpg has.
    But same old PK system.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast