Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

A slight chance to stop the money spenders

This is a discussion on A slight chance to stop the money spenders within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I just wanna say that I agree to everything Didinino says. KO is a great game...but k2 is just ruin ...
Page: 3

I just wanna say that I agree to everything Didinino says.

KO is a great game...but k2 is just ruin it more and more with their new prems and item adds to PUS.

Glader

This is a "free to play" game. What this means is that to pay for the strain on the servers the people who DO pay have to pay for the people who DONT.

It's very simple math. You have server capacity for lets say 50.000 people. 25.000 of those buy premium, the rest dont. This means that the 25.000 people who DO pay also have to pay for the other 25.000 people who DONT; otherwise the company cannot make a profit or afford keeping the server up.

It is NOT about KO being a "different game", it is simply about the different business models.

Free2Play means that you either be kicked around like a hobo or you're gonna have to end up spending more money than on a pay2play.

Volcanic

This is pathetic.
    If people have money to waste on KO, then that is their choice. Its just the same in RL, theres always someone with more money to waste than you, get over it.
    You cant whinge on here about people spending a few $$ on scrolls. Beside`s, these poeple give other player with no cash a chance to buy scrolls.
    Not got any money? Then go mow some lawns.

didinino

u cant compare wow to ko, they are 2 completely diferents games
    u have to admit that the xp un ko sucks badly, i mean, 100m xp to get 1 lvl and get 10k per monster? from 79-->80 almost 2billions of xp and get 30k per monster? cmon thats insane[/b]
    I can compare it as a MMORPG game. and like ko, that game has its own XP rules (more quests, less xp per mob etc.).
    that game is P2P only thats true.

However, Blizzard doesnt put the option to spend ALOT of money each month (here we are talking on the first month of a new made account!), unlike K2 that makes it possible for ppl to spend money until their pockets are empty (well there is a limit but its not high enough..).

besides, not all the ppl got all the time in the world to spend hours on the pc, some ppl got lives as well O.o ( i mean work, school, any club or something)

all the ppl who play this game lvl in the same way ( same monsters and stuff)[/b]
    As i said, back in the old KO (myko and the beginning of USKO), everybody HAD their own life AND KO as a game computer, but still each could spend his own time on whatever he wanted to do.
    some of us could play, some of us had to work.

U cant jump and say "Hey im working, he's not, im allowed to spend money on this game to be equally geared / have an equal lvl as the other guy who has no job".
    that makes no sense at all.
    i would understand if u do that if that lazy person also spend an X amount of money but he CANT so he plays more than u!

Believe me i know people who work and play ko, they dont spend so much money on this game (bronzes for PK, and was GOLD for xp, but i'll cut that out its not the topic), and yet u see them making a better char than other ppl that just play all day long.

srry but i say u are jealous because u cant spend money like other ppl can[/b]
    oh sorry but i have enough money and enough brain to say clearly that i shouldnt spend 50+ $ a month on a game computer that is meant to pass my time (in pleasure ofc xD).

lovel12345

well thats how k2 make money anyway doubt they would stop so its gg for use that cant afford to spend money on k2

aaaaauuugh

money for the win

Popcorn maker :D Senior Member camisita's Avatar

I can compare it as a MMORPG game. and like ko, that game has its own XP rules (more quests, less xp per mob etc.).
    that game is P2P only thats true.

However, Blizzard doesnt put the option to spend ALOT of money each month (here we are talking on the first month of a new made account!), unlike K2 that makes it possible for ppl to spend money until their pockets are empty (well there is a limit but its not high enough..).
    As i said, back in the old KO (myko and the beginning of USKO), everybody HAD their own life AND KO as a game computer, but still each could spend his own time on whatever he wanted to do.
    some of us could play, some of us had to work.

U cant jump and say "Hey im working, he's not, im allowed to spend money on this game to be equally geared / have an equal lvl as the other guy who has no job".
    that makes no sense at all.
    i would understand if u do that if that lazy person also spend an X amount of money but he CANT so he plays more than u!

Believe me i know people who work and play ko, they dont spend so much money on this game (bronzes for PK, and was GOLD for xp, but i'll cut that out its not the topic), and yet u see them making a better char than other ppl that just play all day long.
    oh sorry but i have enough money and enough brain to say clearly that i shouldnt spend 50+ $ a month on a game computer that is meant to pass my time (in pleasure ofc xD).[/b]
    1.well as a matter of fact, blizzard is older than k2, and blizzard sold many single games, so they managed to get incomes from their games making their company better etc etc etc...
    2.im not saying that ppl with money are better or have to spend money on the game. is their choice to do it or not, is up to them to buy items from another persons for real money, and get better chars.
    money makes the world turn around dude.
    3.if u think about it, blizzard only gives u 10 days to try their game with a trial version, if u wanna keep playing u HAVE to buy their game and pay every month, unlike k2 that allows u to download the game for free and play for free.
    4.now can u explain me how does premium allows 1 person to make a better char? just because they hace 24/7 access to the game? cmon...
    5. like i dais earlier on this topic, because u dont want to spend money on this game (1$, 10$, 100$, 1000$, etc) that doesnt mean that k2 should make a rule just to buy once in a month premium/g1 credits, is up to every1 to do whatever they like with their money.

i think im still missing ur point, what u mean with fair play? noone is buying any kind of lvl or anything, and even so the bonuses on the premium arent really what they look like (better drop rate? haha).

dont try to compare blizzard with k2 because they are totally oposite companies, blizzard have more time in the market to compare it with k2.

edit: ok i figured out why u r bitching, just because some ppl can buy geared chars and nice items.... just get over it
    there will be always ppl who will sell items and ppl who will buy them.

didinino

its not about ppl buying items outside of K2.
    im going to sleep i'll try to explain again tomorrow what i mean with fair game..

arko

fair= a possibility for every1 to lvl in the same way.
    unfair= 1 man that spends ALOT more than 50$ on xp scrolls and pus items while others cannot afford it.
    like i said, WOW- same xp for all, cannot spend extra money on xp benefits.

it WONT happen in K2's games, never..[/b]

we are F2P, wow is P2P

there would and should have advantages for people that can afford to spend money on cash items. That's how the game is built and orientated. If you wish to buy their items, then you buy yourself an advantage. You are paying for extra service : 24/7 access, 30mins buffs and etc.

Making it "fair" as you claim, basically means limit the company's profit and also limitting the benefits of one's decision, which in return contradicts it anyhow xD.

If you can't afford it, just play as it is the old fashion way. and if you can't stand up to the competition, don't play new servers and don't start fresh. It's a business afterall yo!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123