Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

So k2 Leaked more files? No wonder they got sued.

This is a discussion on So k2 Leaked more files? No wonder they got sued. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; The Chaos Expansion - Announcements - SexyKO Forums...
Page: 1

Random Nab Senior Member mumbojumbo's Avatar

Default So k2 Leaked more files? No wonder they got sued.

hmm i like how topic got closed right away

Those files were leaked a while ago. SexyReplay being the only one with an emulator to fix the bugs (yes including k0xp) is why nobody else is using them. Btw you can find their advertisement topic in the private server section making this topic kinda pointless...

Banned

He is not using leaked server files, he's running an emulator with official client.
    ilterates likes this.

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

People REEAAALLLYY need to stop speculating so much lol, if you don't know what you're talking about then you shouldn't be saying anything at all.

Indeed, he is simply running an emulator with the official client.

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    People REEAAALLLYY need to stop speculating so much lol, if you don't know what you're talking about then you shouldn't be saying anything at all.

Indeed, he is simply running an emulator with the official client.
    Yeah, we really expect someone to say "Look K2 game us KO files"...right?

And explain 'running emulator with official client'. The dude for sure is running a server which is compatible with new client.

PS: I know what an emulator is.

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
    Yeah, we really expect someone to say "Look K2 game us KO files"...right?

And explain 'running emulator with official client'. The dude for sure is running a server which is compatible with new client.

PS: I know what an emulator is.
    ...So you want me to explain to you something you already know?

Actually, if someone got ahold of some GG files, indeed I belive so. Just like how WoW emulators cannot be stopped, neither would these seeing as there's simply so many ways of making sure K2(or MGame to be specific) can't do anything about it, having a host in some foreign country where US laws don't apply/can't be executed.

He's basically done what twostars was doing (haven't dealt with the KO dev world for years, so out of touch on this), and recreated the server side of the game by looking at how the packets are sent from the client and handled it like the game should for each action. I'm not going to lie and say I know exactly what they've done, I'm not a C/C++-programmer nor do I know that much about packets, but they've basically re-constructed the game using the official client as help.

There's a word for this... But for the life of me, I cannot remember what it is. Basically working yourway backwards to re-create something that already exists.

PS. As far as I know, there hasn't been any new leaked files that could do everything that SexyKO is offering.. Atleast not yet, you know never when it comes to leaked files sadly.

PPS. I noticed that I came off as if I was insulting you in my 1st post, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't refering to you or anyone specifically, but sorry if you felt insulted. I simply meant in general, there's a difference between server files and an emulator as you know.

so any rumors? usko ll be closed, mgame ll take it or what? maybe ntt ll take it xD

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    ...So you want me to explain to you something you already know?

Actually, if someone got ahold of some GG files, indeed I belive so. Just like how WoW emulators cannot be stopped, neither would these seeing as there's simply so many ways of making sure K2(or MGame to be specific) can't do anything about it, having a host in some foreign country where US laws don't apply/can't be executed.

He's basically done what twostars was doing (haven't dealt with the KO dev world for years, so out of touch on this), and recreated the server side of the game by looking at how the packets are sent from the client and handled it like the game should for each action. I'm not going to lie and say I know exactly what they've done, I'm not a C/C++-programmer nor do I know that much about packets, but they've basically re-constructed the game using the official client as help.

There's a word for this... But for the life of me, I cannot remember what it is. Basically working yourway backwards to re-create something that already exists.

PS. As far as I know, there hasn't been any new leaked files that could do everything that SexyKO is offering.. Atleast not yet, you know never when it comes to leaked files sadly.

PPS. I noticed that I came off as if I was insulting you in my 1st post, I'm sorry about that. I wasn't refering to you or anyone specifically, but sorry if you felt insulted. I simply meant in general, there's a difference between server files and an emulator as you know.
    You are basically saying that the guy did enough reverse-engineering to create a new server on its own. How believable is that? While it is not impossible, but considering that server files have been leaked before and nobody was able to reverse engineer for so long barring the minor tweaks here and there I am leaning towards a fresh leak.

PS: I wasn't offended. Just wanted a clearer answer.

R.I.P Impulsive Senior Member jaspreet's Avatar

Jose is a genius, what else can you say. SexyKO is the most sustainable PS out there hands down, where else you gonna get a PS that doesnt close down after like 4 months? No where....

As for copying files no, he didnt do that but i helped him with a few descriptions of items and warp gates if that falls under leaking information...

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

I can't believe how SexyReplay changed so much, I remember when he was playing girakon thinking he was unstoppable on silverhazee (I think?) with his broken English and brain of a child. Surely this can't be the same guy?

Quote Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
    You are basically saying that the guy did enough reverse-engineering to create a new server on its own. How believable is that? While it is not impossible, but considering that server files have been leaked before and nobody was able to reverse engineer for so long barring the minor tweaks here and there I am leaning towards a fresh leak.

PS: I wasn't offended. Just wanted a clearer answer.
    Well I'm glad I didn't offend you.

There's a different between leaked files and leaked source code. I belive that twostars (and probably the person at sexyko) both started off by looking at the source code that was leaked YEARS ago, ancient version 1.098 or so if I remember correctly. Starting from there-on, yes, I do belive they were/are/have reverse-engineered it.

There's a limit as to how much you can actually manipulate the files without constraints, while if you have the source code... You get the idea.

Also.. Remember, WoW has millions of subscribers that pay monthly, and millions who wish they could do so. KO is a F2P game and doesn't even nearly have as many people wanting to play it as WoW, there truly aren't that many people out there that are interested enough to spend their time on re-creating a pretty old game when it's just easier to wait for the next leak of server files.

PS. Forgot to add, not ALL of the old source code was released either, but twostars did do a good job of re-creating them if my memory serves me right.

Quote Originally Posted by EG4L View Post
    I can't believe how SexyReplay changed so much, I remember when he was playing girakon thinking he was unstoppable on silverhazee (I think?) with his broken English and brain of a child. Surely this can't be the same guy?
    You don't have to speak english to be like the #1 dev in the KO Private server world?

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

Thank you captain obvious. I was focusing on the fact he came across as an imbecile.

Admin

Quote Originally Posted by EG4L View Post
    hahaha. xd
    I can confirm that, is the same.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast