Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Like Tree64Likes

So what happened?

This is a discussion on So what happened? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by UltimatePvP Okay i find who make ko4life.net = Flash He made it because we had no idea ...
Page: 2

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by UltimatePvP View Post
    Okay i find who make ko4life.net = Flash
    He made it because we had no idea if this was going to come back up. He didn't make it to steal attention lol, the post there literally says this was made to preserve what ko4life started. Calm down.

Quote Originally Posted by black View Post
    Theres been some merges aswell

Athena & Attila : Ares

Resurrection & Ephesus : Diez

Asgard & Gaia : Gaia
    So we have:

Midgard: New, not merged.
    Ares: Athena & Attila (Ares and Kronos) & (Manes, Pathos and Girakon)
    Diez: Resurrection & Ephesus (Diez, Cypher and Olympia) & (Beramus, Ronark and Akara)
    Gaia: Asgard & Gaia (Gaia and Piana)

Right?

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    So we have:

Midgard: New, not merged.
    Ares: Athena & Attila (Ares and Kronos) & (Manes, Pathos and Girakon)
    Diez: Resurrection & Ephesus (Diez, Cypher and Olympia) & (Beramus, Ronark and Akara)
    Gaia: Asgard & Gaia (Gaia and Piana)

Right?
    Correct.

On topic, well done with bringing the site back up.
    Keep up the good work. Hopefully, you'll be able to pull off the improvements you meant to make, I think it would be a huge improvement for this site.

Thanks for bringing back this forum Devile

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    Couldn't someone else do this?
    Name 1 person with good Linux skills who has experience with this kind of things (linux security, ddos, php, vbulletin, etc) and who is trustworthy. Is not just about knowing your way around the forum admin panel. It's far more than that. DDoSing and attacking is something any kid can do. Protecting yourself against them without spending a TON of money, that's a whole different story and takes time and knowledge.
    Assuming you've already done the load-balancing scripts, isnt it possible to time-out, drop or even make a honeypot for this type of automated service requests? I would guess that the connections come from multiple, non-overlapping sources... but if these automated scripts generate requests in the millisecond range, a honeypot could still be made...

Just leaving this here, its an interesting read:
    http://www.csl.mtu.edu/cs6461/www/Reading/Weiler02.pdf
    Adi and SkyHunter like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Goathorns View Post
    Assuming you've already done the load-balancing scripts, isnt it possible to time-out, drop or even make a honeypot for this type of automated service requests? I would guess that the connections come from multiple, non-overlapping sources... but if these automated scripts generate requests in the millisecond range, a honeypot could still be made...

Just leaving this here, its an interesting read:
    http://www.csl.mtu.edu/cs6461/www/Reading/Weiler02.pdf
    I apologize if I offend u in any way, but did u even read that paper or know much about DDoS attacks? I read the whole paper and maybe u dont know about ko4life/g4l but we are just a small website. We are not a company with a full infrastructure behind it, so I can't setup a honeypot network system like the one suggested in that paper. Sure I can timeout or drop a DDoS but guess what, I'll still be OFFLINE cause the purpose of the DDoS is to saturate your internet pipe and dropping packets will "stop" them, but still use 100% of my internet bandwidth ... meaning I'll be down regardless.

The first D of DDoS is for distributed and attacks come from thousands of different hosts with spoofed packets. So, even if I could block all those packets, it would be completely pointless cause I will still be offline. Even worse, my hosting provider will drop me as a customer cause I'm affecting other customers since the attack is so big its screwing up their whole network and affecting several ppl, so they will most likely shutdown my server or cut the network to avoid more problems.

The best way to deal with a DDoS is throw a crapload of money on a company that dedicates to this and be done with it. They will take the hit for u, route it thru multiple networks, mitigate it, so whatever reaches your systems is like 10% of the real attack or less than that. They will charge u a ton of money and u will have 100% uptime on your system. Well, I can't do that

There are other ways to deal with this which I won't disclose here, but sadly, your suggestions don't really apply to our reality. Still, I appreciate your time to send me that piece of information.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    Too late I already killed myself about 38 times according to some people.
    THANK GOD YOU ARE ALIVE RAZZYPOO!!! We thought you would have slit your wrists after day 3.
    tobol likes this.

Banned Regular Member

I think the guy that made ko4life.net, ddosed gamers4life and ddosing DrevinKO is the same guy.
    Let's see if he will pass.

Search is working again.
    ExclusiveBastard likes this.

Polak Extraordinaire Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by drevin View Post
    I think the guy that made ko4life.net, ddosed gamers4life and ddosing DrevinKO is the same guy.
    you realize ko4life.net was made because he didnt think ko4life.com would come up again right, because it was down for 2 weeks? are you this delusional? and no one would want to DDOS a server that can't get 100 people on, sorry.
    Sergeant Spanky likes this.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    you realize ko4life.net was made because he didnt think ko4life.com would come up again right, because it was down for 2 weeks? are you this delusional? and no one would want to DDOS a server that can't get 100 people on, sorry.
    He though ko4life wouldn't come back up? Ko4life always come backs up since it was created.
    Well the conversation doesn't interest me, we shall see if the ddoser [whoever it is] will pass.
    Devile likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by drevin View Post
    I know this is directed towards me, so stop being a little cunt and quit the useless accusations.

1. I never DDoS anyone, I do not own a botnet nor do I bother with such useless crap, If I would have my own botnet, I wouldn't be asking West to ddos my server machine so I could properly configure the firewall, and yes, I can gladly post chat logs between me and him, they are in Slovene tho.

2. I made ko4life.net beacuse ko4life.com was OFFLINE for 3 weeks, I only made it beacuse many people asked me to do it, and many repuatble oldies will gladly vouch for me: stimpy, Manhattan and so on...

3. I contacted certain people who know Devile in real life, no one seemed to care, and no one seemed to bother. According to messages from the people that know Devile I came to conclusion that he most likely gave up, which he did not (thankfuly), beacuse rebuilding such player base would be impossible.

And to @Devile, before giving me such arrogant attitude, you should be thanking me for trying to save what was left of English KO-community instead of crying how you don't like people that take your logos etc..
    I took your logo and picked similar domain beacuse I wanted the new forum to resemble the old one as much as possible, as due to my knowledge, this forum would not be coming back any time soon, and it DID NOT.

And lastly, I did not force anyone to join the new forum, but it is better to have some forum then no forum at all, and I clearly clarified everything, that the ko4life.net forum is just temporary and why it was created, so I most certainly do not know what some people might be bitching about, but you can't please everyone.

Peace

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post
    I know this is directed towards me, so stop being a little cunt and quit the useless accusations.

1. I never DDoS anyone, I do not own a botnet nor do I bother with such useless crap, If I would have my own botnet, I wouldn't be asking West to ddos my server machine so I could properly configure the firewall, and yes, I can gladly post chat logs between me and him, they are in Slovene tho.

2. I made ko4life.net beacuse ko4life.com was OFFLINE for 3 weeks, I only made it beacuse many people asked me to do it, and many repuatble oldies will gladly vouch for me: stimpy, Manhattan and so on...

3. I contacted certain people who know Devile in real life, no one seemed to care, and no one seemed to bother. According to messages from the people that know Devile I came to conclusion that he most likely gave up, which he did not (thankfuly), beacuse rebuilding such player base would be impossible.

And to @Devile, before giving me such arrogant attitude, you should be thanking me for trying to save what was left of English KO-community instead of crying how you don't like people that take your logos etc..
    I took your logo and picked similar domain beacuse I wanted the new forum to resemble the old one as much as possible, as due to my knowledge, this forum would not be coming back any time soon, and it DID NOT.

And lastly, I did not force anyone to join the new forum, but it is better to have some forum then no forum at all, and I clearly clarified everything, that the ko4life.net forum is just temporary and why it was created, so I most certainly do not know what some people might be bitching about, but you can't please everyone.

Peace
    3 things:

-3 weeks is not "anytime soon"
    -You changed your topic at ko4life.net from "as soon as ko4life is back up I'll gladly close this" to "ko4life.net is here to stay", whats up with the sudden change of mind?
    -I'm fairly sure you also made ko4life.net solely because your upcoming server needed this website to be up, a lot, and you couldn't afford to wait anymore.

Nothing against you, but its clear that your intentions had some ulterior motives and aren't as good-willed as you're making it sound. I believe the least you could do is admit that.
    drevin likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by razor View Post
    3 things:

-3 weeks is not "anytime soon"
    -You changed your topic at ko4life.net from "as soon as ko4life is back up I'll gladly close this" to "ko4life.net is here to stay", whats up with the sudden change of mind?
    -I'm fairly sure you also made ko4life.net solely because your upcoming server needed this website to be up, a lot, and you couldn't afford to wait anymore.

Nothing against you, but its clear that your intentions had some ulterior motives and aren't as good-willed as you're making it sound. I believe the least you could do is admit that.
    That is completly untrue, my forum could not compare to ko4life even remotely, there were not sufficient amount of members to properly advertise a server either way around. If you think the main part of population is English and comes from g4l, you are HEAVILY mistaken. And If i did a anyone a favour by creating the forum, that would be Drevin itself, beacuse his server opened within 2 days of new forum, I was not even remotely close to launching at that time.

Everything I did was completly good-willed, I was asked to do the forum, I did not just decide to "do it", in fact, I was sceptical at first, that I most likely will not do it, but certain people were keep persuading me to do it, and I did at the end.

And yes, 3 weeks of downtime is a lot of downtime and everyone who ever ran any sort of decently sized community knows and understands it, the community is not going to sit around infront of their PC and wait for this forum to get back up.

And regarding the domain, I've already redirected the URL back to ko4life.com before, so please, spare me your "drama queen behaviour"

So yes, I don't understand where you are going with this drama in the first place, the forum went off, proper people were contacted and nothing happend, I made temporary forum, now g4l is back, the forum is closed, end of story, stop making drama out of things where it's not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by SexyLittleAnimal View Post

Peace
    Geez, it's been a while since I read so much BS in a single post. U really think ppl are going to believe u did it for the good of your heart? Come on! U have to do better than that. I fully agree with Razor here.

As for contacting real life friends and all that ... well, almost nobody here knows me IRL, so no clue who did u contact. Giving up? The only person that contacted me, besides the host when they killed the network, was Darken. And AFAIK, I never told him or anyone else that I was giving up, so no idea where that "idea" came from. And about the logo, using someone else work without permission is WRONG, whatever reason u have, nothing to discuss here.

Anyway, not interested on discussing this any more. Feel free to try to make ppl believe u. Cool story tho.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast