Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

so why actually there r no items restorations?

This is a discussion on so why actually there r no items restorations? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; why cant k2 do that to ppl that got hacked? why dont they WATCH THIS FORUM and help ppl in ...
Page: 1

CrusAd3R

Default so why actually there r no items restorations?

why cant k2 do that to ppl that got hacked? why dont they WATCH THIS FORUM and help ppl in hacked accounts section?
    ive never seen any answer about it and i wanna know if the moderators have already try this :/

Technicolor

lol, they wont give cs on their own forum.... LOL, why should they here?

CrusAd3R

coz ppl r paying them?

H0lysh1t

does somewhere in k2 terms say "If u buy prem, we gonna visit ur forum!"

Banned

because k2 doesnt give a shit about your items, to them your just another object of income saying for you to "buy premium and maybe we will help" *buys premium* "sorry we are not restoring items at the moment sorry"

tolgahan

money is everything but CS is nothing.
    They even cant help themself. it is stupid to think that they will help others

CrusAd3R

k2-gamers first? -_-

morax

I think generally K2 have realised probably 4/5s of all "hacking" are the users fault. Im dubious about K2 security... but i can see there point, why are low players getting hacked? Ive never been hacked? The character we own the castle on and our clan bank have never been hacked and these are all high profile players that we do not share the usernames / passwords with.

Why should K2 spent hundreds of man hours restoring accounts that people have shared / sold / bought. I know i wouldnt. Until a definite security leak can be proven i dont see how its K2s fault if you get hacked....

To be fair i hate K2 and their dubious business techniques more than anyone but lately they have been doing a good job.

There's like 1 pro technician in K2, thats it. I mean someone who actually knows a lot about computers (developing at least). I've never met anyone else in K2 that has an IT background (Information Technology). Sure, there's nice ppl there with some small/medium knowledge of IT, but there's just 1 expert in IT field.

With such a HUGE whole, u can't do much. Customer Support can't deal with these cases if they dont have the proper tools. In order to track someone's items, u need tradelogs, but since tradelogs are HUGE TEXT files per server, per realm, per day, it takes endless hours to look for something. Will take too many resource to do that manually, so they simply say they can't.

I was able to easily parse like 1 terabyte of logs for like 4 months there, to catch dupers. Just basic Unix shell scripting (find, grep, cat, sed, awk, etc.). Nothing more. They just need to make a simple application that read those logs, import it into a SQL dabatase. A mini datawarehouse where they can keep records of all transactions in the game so whenever something happens, they can query the database and get results in seconds. Even make daily/weekly/monthly reports of the servers activity to detect duping outbreaks and stop them fast.

I'm not a coder, but even I can program that shit. I offered them to do it on my free time but 2 weeks later I was fired as a corrupt GM

The idea is still there. They just need to do it and that will make their lives way easier.

tolgahan

devile why did they fire u n festo. just wondering ^^,

They fired me cause of corruption, tho off the record they found later I wasn't corrupt. They got rid of festo cause they no longer work with external GMs. There's only 1 exception that I know which is external and still works for them, but in the USA.

CrusAd3R

they get shitloads of money,almost as ko would be p2p. why the hell cant they hire more ppl for a better service? i talked to manes' gm 1 week ago and he said "after the new patch,costumer support has been changed. and if u have any problem pm me". i havent seen him anywhere since that day.
    I DIDNT get hacked,i secured my computer. but i cant imagin so many ppl with a keylogger on their computer..
    and i remember the post when u explained with they faired u and it was fukin rediciolous.

Banned Senior Member

Devile was fired fro "corruption" and Festo was removed because K2 ditched all remote GM's

Originally posted by CrusAd3R
    they get shitloads of money,almost as ko would be p2p. why the hell cant they hire more ppl for a better service? i talked to manes' gm 1 week ago and he said "after the new patch,costumer support has been changed. and if u have any problem pm me". i havent seen him anywhere since that day.
    I DIDNT get hacked,i secured my computer. but i cant imagin so many ppl with a keylogger on their computer..
    and i remember the post when u explained with they faired u and it was a fukin rediciolous.
    As a business, if u get money for your crapy little game from thousands of idiots like us who pay for a bugged game and lousy CS, why on earth will u invest more on it???? That's K2 philosophy. It works for them, so no point on changing things. Sure, they can make lot more money fixing all these issues, but they dont see it that way.

This works and makes lots of money. No need for more effort. The law of mediocrity.

CrusAd3R

Originally posted by Devile+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Devile)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-CrusAd3R
    and i remember the post when u explained with they faired u and it was a fukin rediciolous.
    As a business, if u get money for your crapy little game from thousands of idiots like us who pay for a bugged game and lousy CS, why on earth will u invest more on it???? That's K2 philosophy. It works for them, so no point on changing things. Sure, they can make lot more money fixing all these issues, but they dont see it that way.

This works and makes lots of money. No need for more effort. The law of mediocrity.[/b]
    i dont see blizzard or arenanet play by these rules ;/

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast