Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By ScreameR

Some next level KO-PS based on new technology, Would you guys like that?

This is a discussion on Some next level KO-PS based on new technology, Would you guys like that? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So..How ya'll doing? It's been about 7-8 years since i played this game, Used to love private servers and i'm ...
Page: 1

Default Some next level KO-PS based on new technology, Would you guys like that?

So..How ya'll doing?

It's been about 7-8 years since i played this game, Used to love private servers and i'm considering building something big here.
    In the past years, I've been involved with Bitcoin/Blockchain etc and i can combine this technology into a private server in order to create a unique reward system, Basically people will get paid for playing the server farming etc.
    I also got a huge budget i can invest into this project, create massive marketing campaign, buy other servers traffic by offering them big bucks.
    What i'm trya say, I can take build one server that will rule em all and make sure it's running for a really long time, and earn the gamer's trust over time with giving an extra care for the community.

Question is, Is it worth it? Is the KO community big enough for me to invest my time and money here?
    If i will create such a massive project, How large is the private servers community right now?
    How many English speakers can i expect? in percentage (of course it will all be translated to other languages as well)

Will appreciate the answers.

Quote Originally Posted by SheSaidSheWas18 View Post
    So..How ya'll doing?

It's been about 7-8 years since i played this game, Used to love private servers and i'm considering building something big here.
    In the past years, I've been involved with Bitcoin/Blockchain etc and i can combine this technology into a private server in order to create a unique reward system, Basically people will get paid for playing the server farming etc.
    I also got a huge budget i can invest into this project, create massive marketing campaign, buy other servers traffic by offering them big bucks.
    What i'm trya say, I can take build one server that will rule em all and make sure it's running for a really long time, and earn the gamer's trust over time with giving an extra care for the community.

Question is, Is it worth it? Is the KO community big enough for me to invest my time and money here?
    If i will create such a massive project, How large is the private servers community right now?
    How many English speakers can i expect? in percentage (of course it will all be translated to other languages as well)

Will appreciate the answers.
    I doubt people would be interested. Regardless of the rewards. Most people play the game for fun, not for money. If the concept isn't fun and have good longevity, then nobody would join. Realistically you could expect MAX 150-200 English speakers IF the server was popular enough.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    Most people play the game for fun, not for money.
    You'd be surprised.

Banned Senior Member

You better hope your development knowledge is enough to protect against DDoS, exploits, in-game cheats, etc. Currently the only server thats standing the test of time is ApexKO. It's really the only server left that is decent to play. You pretty much have to babashop there tho if you're a melee player, not getting shit done otherwise.

But yeah idk man, I'd take that and invest into something else. KO is too old of a game to worry about doing that with to be honest.

I already have a company up and running with a team of great developers, I can definitely protect the server.
    I wanted to chose KO cause i know the game up close, it's been one of the only games i ever played.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdudle View Post
    You better hope your development knowledge is enough to protect against DDoS, exploits, in-game cheats, etc. Currently the only server thats standing the test of time is ApexKO. It's really the only server left that is decent to play. You pretty much have to babashop there tho if you're a melee player, not getting shit done otherwise.

But yeah idk man, I'd take that and invest into something else. KO is too old of a game to worry about doing that with to be honest.

In my honest opinion it's not worth your time, but on the other hand if what you are saying is true, and you really can get a massive project up and running (which other developers promised aswell @twostars @aesteris) and all those mongoloids who still think apexko is near-decent then you really gotta live up to your words.

Because every single person who came here with an idea as big as yours has failed miserably. And why did they fail? They forgot to listen to the people they were trying to reach; the players.

You are stating you have played this game 7-8 years ago, Knight online 7-8 years ago is so different compared to the toxic, dead, turkish flooded selam aleykum game it is right now. If i were you, i would first play the game myself, see what it's like, see what the community has become and then decide wether you want to be involved again.

Let's say you can get this thing going, you get the players, you get the attention you are looking for, you'd still have to outclass and outlast the big guys here (Turkish servers). In my opinion the best private server out there who still reaches a big playerbase is YourKO (Focuses on the older versions of Knight Online), all the other servers are irrelevant (With all i mean both english and the turkish servers) Except for some servers we barely even know of, since there's ONLY turkish players on them.

Since a few years KO servers only have been successful at their official launch, meaning the first few months and then as soon as when the ''new launch feel'' starts to become just another KO server it dies out quickly. Which YourKO has found the perfect formula for; launch a server with some cool rewards to win, let the players enjoy the ''new launch hype'' for a few months, and start the cycle all over again. They have been doing it for years, and have been the nr. 1 server ever since. Even official knight online is doing the exact same nowadays.

conclusion: Don't do it unless you beat the very best and live up to your words.
    WashingMachine and Mauja like this.