hacked attempt, after trying to install client?

This is a discussion on hacked attempt, after trying to install client? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; TLDR: away from game for 4 years, downloaded client today, virus scan detected virus, client never installed...deleted...old inactive KO email ...
Page: 1

Default hacked attempt, after trying to install client?

TLDR: away from game for 4 years, downloaded client today, virus scan detected virus, client never installed...deleted...old inactive KO email account receives email saying someone tried to hack it???

wtf...

so ive been away from knight online since 2010.

today, out of boredom, i decided to try to reinstall the game and see what was new...

after downloading the client from the ntt site (NTT Game: Knight Online)
    *the direct download, not the mirrors*
    my browser detected a virus and then i didnt install the game...

SO...

i just received an email on my gmail account (that was linked to a VERY old email i used for my hacked KO account) and it said someone in guangxi china tried logging into it earlier.

the email account in question, i dont use and nearly forgot about...the ONLY thing i EVER used it for was to create a KO account (back when they were gamers first)

any idea HOW this could have happened??

has this happened to anyone else??

and why the FUCK is my virus scan going ape shit saying there is a virus on ntt client download?

EDIT - heres the funny thing...the email that had the hack attempt wasnt linked to the new email i created on the NTT website for the game)...nor is the email that is linked to that account.

i created a seperate email to register at NTT, that had no affiliation to either of the 2 existing email accounts.

im certain though, that there HAS to be some sort of connection here...because the coincidence of me getting an old KO email address thwarting a hack attempt the very day i try to download the client from the ntt website, after 4 years of inactivity...is VERY peculiar

I had exactly the same that one of my emails were hacked from someone in china, only thing i can think is someone from NTT game is giving out personal details, well selling them.

Quote Originally Posted by Sephiroth View Post
    I had exactly the same that one of my emails were hacked from someone in china, only thing i can think is someone from NTT game is giving out personal details, well selling them.

what i dont get is how was my old KO email address being hacked?

there was no affiliation between that email and the new email i was using to register with NTT...the hacked email was linked to my main email address...

in the 4 years since deleting the game...i did a clean install of windows etc...

the ONLY time i installed KO was yesterday...when a virus was being detected...when i tried to dl the client from a link provided on the NTT website...