Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

some1 hear about tbl?

This is a discussion on some1 hear about tbl? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; well im happy to hear it be fixed whit new expasion ,im hating cz atm , how i can kill ...
Page: 2

well im happy to hear it be fixed whit new expasion ,im hating cz atm , how i can kill any lvl 80 priest whit tbl and x3 priest whit tbl in a full party aq :mellow:

lots of ppl using the no ice 1/ 100% legcut, scream....

Every game has its hackers.. Check out World of Warcraft, there are tons of bots / exploits out for it to :P[/b]
    sure there is ofc, but unlike k2, once u cheat /ban and go buy a new cd-key if u wanna play ^_^

Zxenke

So long as .tbl files are client side, there will be a way to cheat with them. That leaves you with two general options. The first, and while most secure, is least feasible. Moving .tbl files to server side will cause tremendous lag. That leaves leaving the .tbl files client side. Now, the point is to make it annoying and tough to .tbl edit to the point that the number of cheaters will go down. I have seen servers accomplish this with embedded .tbl files in the client that get extracted when you start the game, though the client can be edited. USKO currently employs .tbl hiding in their client folder. What I mean by this is the correct .tbl files are renamed and possibly moved to different directories. Another options would be a client side server check at launch that checks not the size of the .tbl file, but the contents. Of course this can be bypassed too, but it would be burdensome. The point is to make is annoying and touch to cheat, since you cannot remove the actual ability to without causing other problems.

lots of ppl using the no ice 1/ 100% legcut, scream....[/b]
    Besides the fact that stun/slow/leg cut rates are hard coded into Ebenezer (I believe), the people are editing stats that affect the rate (intelligence, resistances, dexterity, etc).

gascan

tbl was pretty funny.. they pretty much disbaled the animation so priest could run while healing 1920 or party healing or curing. mages could just run around dropping magic spells on u which was pretty annoying[/b]

I had once used the TBL editor to transform in to that Pathos thingey and had got banned for 3 Days

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12