Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

something you all gonna like, alot, alot

This is a discussion on something you all gonna like, alot, alot within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; so imagine you have a Ex: WE and you got a rollback or something! now you have 2 in ke ...
Page: 2

so imagine you have a Ex: WE and you got a rollback or something!
    now you have 2 in ke you can just delete 1 and youŽll be ok!
    but in the new patch what is going to append?
    are you going to wait till they disapear bought! or they will fix it and you stay whit 1 original! B)

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    how is that even possible though? *For that to happen, the server has to be looking for dupes contantly. *Isnt there enough lag? *And most dupe wipes occur when the server is shut down. *If this was the happen during Turk hours, the server would explode. *Maybe they should just make their servers more stable so that rollbacks occur less or just fix their code if they ever learn turing.
    Think it like a registation, when a ingame ID or an account name is taken when u create a new one, how does it respond? "This xxx is already in use" or something, I guess its the same way it happens here. When an unique ID get injected to server when its not supposed to, it will detect it right away, and leave a little information into the item, so the user can see its duped, instead of leave it as it is, and waiting for a big dupe scan/wipe.

Btw, this is just my theory, ofc I dunno how they had wrote the codes to detect the dupes.

TunaFishyMe

mm thats kinda interesting actually. There has to be a database which holds all the item ID that is currently in the game right? Or how does that work? When an item is bought from NPC or is dropped, the database would be uploaded. So when a dupe occurs...it wouldnt flag the database to add a new ID since it wasnt expected in the code. Unless, the database is constantly checking and checking for item IDs, which seems kind of inefficient to me. If that was the case, then freezing a duped item would be possible.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

probably checks for duped items as ur loading ur character?

TunaFishyMe

would there be a file in your KnightOnline files that reccords what items you have? Still though...I dont know how the dupe check code is written but I would assume that my ROL 0+ would be checked with the other 10000000 ROLs on the server. This would happen for each of my items on me and my inn. For 1 person, it isnt that big of a deal but for 443538958937895734 people logging on at the same time?

Futile Rhetoric

Originally posted by TunaFishyMe
    would there be a file in your KnightOnline files that reccords what items you have? *Still though...I dont know how the dupe check code is written but I would assume that my ROL 0+ would be checked with the other 10000000 ROLs on the server. *This would happen for each of my items on me and my inn. *For 1 person, it isnt that big of a deal but for 443538958937895734 people logging on at the same time?
    It's possible that instead of scanning the entire database, it just scans the items in server RAM -- you can't really dupe without having both items on the server at the same time, after all (as in, both of them would have to be on an active character). As soon as it finds a dupe, it tags it as such, and no further scans are necessary.

Don't try to understand how it works , it works , no more dupe (except coins <_< ) and everyone is happy

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by Futile Rhetoric+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Futile Rhetoric)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-TunaFishyMe
    would there be a file in your KnightOnline files that reccords what items you have? *Still though...I dont know how the dupe check code is written but I would assume that my ROL 0+ would be checked with the other 10000000 ROLs on the server. *This would happen for each of my items on me and my inn. *For 1 person, it isnt that big of a deal but for 443538958937895734 people logging on at the same time?
    It's possible that instead of scanning the entire database, it just scans the items in server RAM -- you can't really dupe without having both items on the server at the same time, after all (as in, both of them would have to be on an active character). As soon as it finds a dupe, it tags it as such, and no further scans are necessary.[/b]
    that would be pretty efficient i think. But right now, dupe wipes occur when the server is down. So there arent really any active characters. Unless you mean a whole new way for checking in dupes in FD.

TunaFishyMe

lol I just read what this thread is really about. That would really suck. Ive duped at least 3 times by accident. Still, coins dont have ID or do BUS or anything like that...

kenpai

Its all db stuff. Depending on what type of db they use, only unique id's are allowed or not. Maybe the current db has records that are not based on the items id but on a unique key. Then a new record will be made, with the same id somewhere in that record. It explains why they now have to do dupe wipes, or basicly search queries. The search for all records that have a field that matches another field. trust me thats an annoying query to let loose on a db.

They may change the db type or w/e to make sure that no item id can be the same, doing this check at the time of creation is not a big deal, simply a search if the id exists. And they can do this in game code or deeper down in the db code.

TunaFishyMe

Originally posted by kenpai
    Its all db stuff. Depending on what type of db they use, only unique id's are allowed or not. Maybe the current db has records that are not based on the items id but on a unique key. Then a new record will be made, with the same id somewhere in that record. It explains why they now have to do dupe wipes, or basicly search queries. The search for all records that have a field that matches another field. trust me thats an annoying query to let loose on a db. *

They may change the db type or w/e to make sure that no item id can be the same, doing this check at the time of creation is not a big deal, simply a search if the id exists. And they can do this in game code or deeper down in the db code.
    mm but when an item is duped, it wouldnt be added to the database would it? There has to be some code that flags the game to add check if the record is unique in the database.

Originally posted by nosferato
    are you going to wait till they disapear bought! or they will fix it and you stay whit 1 original! B)

lol you really think that some1 who got 2 warrior earrings instead of one will deleted the duped one :P :P

i did it and record it whit a WP
    so its not a big deal!
    i pref. 1 original then 2 dupedŽs
    ok you can sell them bough but can you find a 100% legit now a days??

Protoss Arbiter Senior Member

Easy.
    Code:
    $count = mysql_query(SELECT * FROM items WHERE user = $activeuser and itemid = $currentitemID);

$count = count($count);

if ($count > 1)

{

$delete = mysql_query(UPDATE items SET dupelock = 1 WHERE user = $activeuser and itemid = $currentitemID);

}
    Run something similar to that every time an item is created.
    It's like a couple lines of code...

Then

Code:
    if (dupelock == 1)

{

untradeable();

unupgradeable();

unstorable();

}

Originally posted by Suicune+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Suicune)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-nosferato

lol you really think that some1 who got 2 warrior earrings instead of one will deleted the duped one :P :P[/b]
    i dont think k2 is dumb enough to make it so if you delete one the other will become unlocked im btw im pretty sure it says they cant be deleted either :P :rollseyes:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12