Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

IGC / $USD how you calculate the ratio ?

This is a discussion on IGC / $USD how you calculate the ratio ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; I want to know how you guys calculate how much 1GB cost in $ and what you depend on by ...
Page: 1

Ayman4u

I want to know how you guys calculate how much 1GB cost in $ and what you depend on by your ratio ? in any server that has prices stable and old one

- Imo i think its the PUS or KC the mainly ratio that you can calculate from it the amount of real $ for IGC since its the most popular way to make in game money with real money .

- or the USD trade like when you trade item for 10 $ and this item cost 20gbs then that ratio can be 2gbs for 1 $

I am not trying to sell gbs for $ in general chat but i just want to know how you calculate the ratio

ty in advance

mrmagic2008

yes base it off PUS. $10 = 1000 knight points.
    currently on Ares, ~500 to 550m = $10

Ayman4u

yes base it off PUS. $10 = 1000 knight points.
    currently on Ares, ~500 to 550m = $10[/b]
    so now you got in ares valk armor for 500-550 ? or around that price

Items are always cheaper than buying goldbars becuase its straight forward work. Those that sell items for goldbars are taking their time to merchant/shout to get the coins to sell. An Item is just there... quick... painless.

Goldbars can be higher than PUS because its an instant deal. You don't have to wait 24hours to sell... you don't have to spend time merchanting your PUS items in competition with everyone else.

Banned

each server different

P4rthen0n

I want to know how you guys calculate how much 1GB cost in $ and what you depend on by your ratio ? in any server that has prices stable and old one

- Imo i think its the PUS or KC the mainly ratio that you can calculate from it the amount of real $ for IGC since its the most popular way to make in game money with real money .

- or the USD trade like when you trade item for 10 $ and this item cost 20gbs then that ratio can be 2gbs for 1 $

I am not trying to sell gbs for $ in general chat but i just want to know how you calculate the ratio

ty in advance[/b]
    Mostly based on that, but the thing is "something" is only worth as much as someone offers. Even if a valk armor costs only 100m but noone wants to buy 1gb for 10$, then they're worth less. If people will only buy a gb for 5$, that's the only thing that'll matter.

Munch

I remember trying to do this countless times on diez, fact is, you can't. On most things the price in gb and the price in USD is nowhere NEAR equal as far as a ratio is concerned.

Well thats also a tough question in real life aswell. Thats why ecconomists (i got 1 in family) always say: "Anything is worth what its buyer will pay for it". This might sound like spam, but if u actaully think about it, ure trying to make a rule, a table if u like, something predictable for something as changable as KO market.

The way i see it, best thing u can do is run around moradon, check prises ot HP/AC scrolls, then calculate how much IGC u can get for 1000KC of scrolls. But even that doesnt necessarily have to mean anything. If the usual price for HP scroll is lets say 5mil, u can sell it for like 8mil for example if it happens that no1 else is merching them at the same time.

But also u have to be really carefull and aware of the current state on your server. Currently i play on Girakon, and its very different from Cypher or Manes for example. Alot of good items are very cheap because (at least to my knowlege) nobody duped BUSes and being that each BUS costs like 2.5 mil or smt, nobody can afford to upgreade alot of items, so +1 are cheap, and on top of all that add that there arent even as close macroers as before so there is less income of Gold Coins to the game.

And selling items like lets say, IN, IB, rol, roc on Ko4life is different than selling PUS items. I mean who can exactly tell u how many gold bars IN is worth right now on Girakon, and even then that might not mean nothing cuz nobody could prolly buy it for GC. If u know what i mean. So basicaly everything is worth what best buyer offer u in that very moment (doesnt mean u need to sell it ).

There is no set ratio to be completely honest and thats how a lot of people are making a ton of money off this game. Buying items for usd, making trades with it in game, and reselling for usd and doubling your profit can be done so easily in most servers. For instance... IN in ares = ~150. Trade it for dual shard 8. Sell the shard 8s for ~120.

I don't think its possible to have some set of rule for this. Following PUS prices is probably the only and somewhat accurate way if you really wanted to make some sort of guidelines.

bd-hoz

IGC and USD are not comparable

example:

I saw an offer for a CS+0 it was: IN+IB+HB+8

IN=100$
    IB=100$
    HB+8=~350$

so 350+100+100=550$

so we can say that a chitin shield worth 550$ right? but it's not true, you can buy one for like 400$. and sometimes it's the opposite.

mrmagic2008

if you wanted to buy xx amount of gbs in USD $$, you can gamble and try buying it off someone or you can buy knight cash (1000 = $10) and buy and sell PUS items (hp/ac/attack/swift scrolls) to convert it into igc.

You cannot take someone's offer and apply that because not everybody is smart. People don't always do wise trades. That is why you'll always see people trying to sell a wood staff +7 for 300m. Just because it's being offered doesn't mean that's the going rate.

IGC and USD are not comparable

example:

I saw an offer for a CS+0 it was: IN+IB+HB+8

IN=100$
    IB=100$
    HB+8=~350$

so 350+100+100=550$

so we can say that a chitin shield worth 550$ right? but it's not true, you can buy one for like 400$. and sometimes it's the opposite.[/b]
    what kind of retarded fuck would pay 100$ for a digital not real item that could be wiped at any given time

Speed

what kind of retarded fuck would pay 100$ for a digital not real item that could be wiped at any given time[/b]
    many... many people

many... many people[/b]
    they need an intervention <_<

Munch

they need an intervention <_<[/b]
    If people have money what right do you have to tell them they are less of a person to spend it. Are you perhaps jealous or do you not have extra pocketchange of your own. $100 is really not that much in the grand scheme of things...A day of work. If people wana spend their money let them don&#39;t whine about it because you don&#39;t have as good of gear.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast