Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Spamming this forum.

This is a discussion on Spamming this forum. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Spam is obvious and easy to diferentiate from a thoughtful/meaningful post. Cheers/grats or other types of accolades regaurding a focused ...
Page: 2

Banned

Spam is obvious and easy to diferentiate from a thoughtful/meaningful post.

Cheers/grats or other types of accolades regaurding a focused topic is not spam. Even constructive criticism short of flaming is not spam.

Adding 2-3 word replies that have A:been said already or B:add nothing to the conversation is spam. Of which, shane is not the only person banning for this annoyance.

Can people over 50 spam like no other?

Please, could you start by getting rid of kaliff0?

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

i dunno but this spam rule is just bullshit to me.

its obvious people dont read rules.

and even if we advise em not to spam we rarely ever provide a link to wat "spam" is

this is a GAMING forum so we cant expect well educated people with doctorates to be

posting.

Honestly this forum is really aimed at a 14-25 age group and as we all know not alot of

people are real mature at that age.

if u gonna warn people for spamming at least provide a post with a link to the rules of

forum.

also this is rule is bullshit because people who have old status spam alot more than new

members. why arent they banned?

Legacy Senior Member

I hope u are aware of ppl asking noob/stupid questions in the general chat to increase post counts.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post

and even if we advise em not to spam we rarely ever provide a link to wat "spam" is

this is a GAMING forum so we cant expect well educated people with doctorates to be

posting.

Honestly this forum is really aimed at a 14-25 age group and as we all know not alot of

if u gonna warn people for spamming at least provide a post with a link to the rules of

forum.

also this is rule is bullshit because people who have old status spam alot more than new

Instead of getting on your high horse about people that are not banned, do what we have asked and report their posts, we can then look into that person. We have the regular people who report posts and see results.

If you have a problem bring it to the attention of a mod dont just wait for a post to be made then air all your frustrations.

With regards to the rules, if people dont read it thats their problem, im not here to hold the hands of the forum users, im hear to advice if they ask me for help and im here to control the day to day running of the forum.

To punish and enslave Senior Member Magyk's Avatar

Mods are ment to handle ppl like charile, not to try to recreate rapture city. Its a gaming forum not a commy merry-go-round.

Little archer Senior Member

posting.

forum.

can someone ip check this guy?

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    personally when i think of spam i just look at people who have like under 50 posts and are seriously posting dumbass shit fo real just to get their 50 posts and immediately post on the market section.

People with higher than 50 posts don't really bother me personally.
    you're a GG spammer Musht
    but i agree, one example could be OvergeareD in official forum...

but i think it's good that Souls is taking this serious, cause often those who spam to 50 posts doesnt seems to have any good attention with selling their accounts (not saying everyone under 50 posts is scammers), but some come here just to make money on scamming people

EDIT: this is spam imo: A Rogue in ARDREAM ?

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    Instead of getting on your high horse about people that are not banned, do what we have asked and report their posts, we can then look into that person. We have the regular people who report posts and see results.

If you have a problem bring it to the attention of a mod dont just wait for a post to be made then air all your frustrations.

With regards to the rules, if people dont read it thats their problem, im not here to hold the hands of the forum users, im hear to advice if they ask me for help and im here to control the day to day running of the forum.
    its not about getting on my high horse. and im not gonna go do ur job either. all i wanted to say is if u are gonna go ballistic on the new guys then try to be fair and do it on the older members as well.

its monkey see monkey do.

if older members can get away with spam why cant new members?

if u are gonna enforce rules enforce them in a fair manner.

like i said do ur job fairly or dont even do it at all.

btw razor why do u want mods to check my ip?

edit*

and look at how ur started the thread. its was clearly meant towards people trying to get 50 post. You are clearly bitching at new players and not at old.

perfect example in a thread full of spam

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

where are the 1 month bans on these?

with all the +1's and the

these are clearly spam but yet nothing is done.
    Last edited by gimmecookiesnao; 12-07-2010 at 06:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post

+10000. We've mentioned this and Devile(forum owner) recently made post about it. Him/Camatotz made a nice post on how to report. Only a handful of people actually report and I think on an average of 10 reports - maybe one of the reports were kinda iffy. 100% of the reports are read( pretty quickly) and about 99% of the reports actually lead us to giving an infraction/ban to someone.

people should understand that making a report is the best thing for you/us to get shit cleaned up a.s.a.p (other then a scamming thread).

Would like to request something from my friends that read this from in game, while we are this topic. Please dont try to put me against any of these other KO4life mods..... becuz I wont take your side. Its called professional respect. I need this moderating job to help keep my friends safe from imposters/scammers in game - I will not put that in jeopardy. Unfortunately I have to say this becuz recently it has happened and frankly I just ignored my own clannie.. and will continue to do so. So please be cool about it.....

@ razor.... ive already check Gimme's ip becuz he's in my alliance. His is legit man- honest player. I know who he is in game without him even telling me. I promise. ^^

KOISDRUGS Senior Member PenguOwnz's Avatar

any exp broz

i dont think shanes mad at general spamming, its those cunts who only spam just to get a 50 post count so they can post in da market section r da ppl hes mad at

I personally don't see anything wrong with the spam

when someone does a "+1" , it's just the same thing as clicking on the "like" button in facebook. People like to know if others like or don't like what they are saying, if you restrict that, this board becomes more of a dictionary than a community.

we are talking about a gaming board, not a board where we need to be serious and focused to coordinate a mission critical operation.

Quote Originally Posted by mrmagic2009 View Post

when someone does a "+1" , it's just the same thing as clicking on the "like" button in facebook. People like to know if others like or don't like what they are saying, if you restrict that, this board becomes more of a dictionary than a community.

we are talking about a gaming board, not a board where we need to be serious and focused to coordinate a mission critical operation.

holy shit i couldnt of said it better myself.

this is a gaming forum. wat else can we expect?

50 post is supposed to help clear out scammers no ( or so i understood) but is it really doing that?

you cant expect me to believe that 50 post will affect the scamming on forum.

if anything, forcing them to make clear thoughtful response to everything might give false impression of their true personality.

i dont think i would find see myself doing a usd trade with someone who all he does is spam.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mrmagic2009 View Post

holy shit i couldnt of said it better myself.

this is a gaming forum. wat else can we expect?

50 post is supposed to help clear out scammers no ( or so i understood) but is it really doing that?

you cant expect me to believe that 50 post will affect the scamming on forum.

if anything, forcing them to make clear thoughtful response to everything might give false impression of their true personality.

i dont think i would find see myself doing a usd trade with someone who all he does is spam.

I think both of you might be confused about what spamming is. It isn't the +1's that are the major annoyance. It's a discusion about unsealing Krowaz armor with a GM logging your account and some fuck-wit replying "Krowaz is better" having absolutely NOTHING to do with the conversatin accept the word "krowaz"....just a simple pointless spam that is not even related to the topic.

We dont expect every1 here to use perfect spelling or be a grammatical genious. But asking to stay on topic and try to say things that add to the conversation seems pretty reasonable. We're doing this for YOUR benifit. Our goal is not to moderate the things you say, rather to keep the meaningless posts off the topics. Not that complicating of an issue.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast