Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Spamming this forum.

This is a discussion on Spamming this forum. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SaNCTe I think both of you might be confused about what spamming is. It isn't the +1's ...
Page: 3

El Gran Tanke Senior Member gimmecookiesnao's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SaNCTe View Post
    I think both of you might be confused about what spamming is. It isn't the +1's that are the major annoyance. It's a discusion about unsealing Krowaz armor with a GM logging your account and some fuck-wit replying "Krowaz is better" having absolutely NOTHING to do with the conversatin accept the word "krowaz"....just a simple pointless spam that is not even related to the topic.

We dont expect every1 here to use perfect spelling or be a grammatical genious. But asking to stay on topic and try to say things that add to the conversation seems pretty reasonable. We're doing this for YOUR benifit. Our goal is not to moderate the things you say, rather to keep the meaningless posts off the topics. Not that complicating of an issue.
    no i understand what u mean by spamming and i saw that topic as well. But the thing is that it is unfair that some type of spam allowed while other type is not.

spam is spam and it either is allowed or not on topic or of topic.

how different is a "krowaz definitely" compared to a "+1" one is totally off topic and the other one is on. but they both bring bo real value to the convo.

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    its not about getting on my high horse. and im not gonna go do ur job either. all i wanted to say is if u are gonna go ballistic on the new guys then try to be fair and do it on the older members as well.

its monkey see monkey do.

if older members can get away with spam why cant new members?

if u are gonna enforce rules enforce them in a fair manner.

like i said do ur job fairly or dont even do it at all.

btw razor why do u want mods to check my ip?

edit*

and look at how ur started the thread. its was clearly meant towards people trying to get 50 post. You are clearly bitching at new players and not at old.

perfect example in a thread full of spam

No Drama KO - releasing soon!

where are the 1 month bans on these?

with all the +1's and the

these are clearly spam but yet nothing is done.
    I just read that in my psychology book. That's called Observational learning!

Quote Originally Posted by gimmecookiesnao View Post
    no i understand what u mean by spamming and i saw that topic as well. But the thing is that it is unfair that some type of spam allowed while other type is not.

spam is spam and it either is allowed or not on topic or of topic.

how different is a "krowaz definitely" compared to a "+1" one is totally off topic and the other one is on. but they both bring bo real value to the convo.
    We try to stop as much spamming as we can, but its psyically not possible to read every post in every topic, which is why as i stated earlier if you notice spam then use the report feature, it alerts us all so we can look into the problem quicker. Spamming isn't tolerated by any member, sometimes it does get missed, which is why we need people like you helping report it.

You all talking here about people with less than 50 posts spaming for gaining entry for market section posting. IMHO the crappiest replies and spams come from the people with over 50 replies. Unfortunatelly nobody cares about their spam. And in market section there are topics created by people with less than 50 posts so I dont really understand the system at all.

Little archer Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Destiny View Post
    You all talking here about people with less than 50 posts spaming for gaining entry for market section posting. IMHO the crappiest replies and spams come from the people with over 50 replies. Unfortunatelly nobody cares about their spam. And in market section there are topics created by people with less than 50 posts so I dont really understand the system at all.
    Whats the point of me spamming for example?

do i need more posts for anything? am i in urge to sell stuff in the marketplace?

The only ones that deserve to be hit with the banstick are the low posts / recent join date people. those that have their name as the last post in every single fucking topic in the first page of the general chat.

personally, creating new accounts should be just disabled altogether. it only causes more scamming due to the stupidity of most babas at the moment of trading.

Tbh the thing that u need 50 posts to be able to make a topic in the market section sort of cripples me here, I've been a member on this forum for some time but im still a low poster. ( since i dont wanna post something that isnt constructive just to be able to post in the market section, even tho thats something i rly do want to be able to ). Somehow i've managed to do plenty of trades there with USD but yet im not allowed to post there since i havent posted enuff on the forums to seem trustworthy enough. Is trust really meassured in posts ? ( Just asking )

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainObvious View Post
    Tbh the thing that u need 50 posts to be able to make a topic in the market section sort of cripples me here, I've been a member on this forum for some time but im still a low poster. ( since i dont wanna post something that isnt constructive just to be able to post in the market section, even tho thats something i rly do want to be able to ). Somehow i've managed to do plenty of trades there with USD but yet im not allowed to post there since i havent posted enuff on the forums to seem trustworthy enough. Is trust really meassured in posts ? ( Just asking )
    i'm sure that in 3 months you can find 50 contrustuctive non-spam posts to make...

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MushtMan View Post
    i'm sure that in 3 months you can find 50 contrustuctive non-spam posts to make...
    maybe he doesn't check ko4life everyday...
    well for me CaptainObvious should be able to post in the market section as he's 100% trustable ^^
    probably he just gotta spam his way there or what?

Haters gonna hate Senior Member MushtMan's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Thardy View Post
    maybe he doesn't check ko4life everyday...
    well for me CaptainObvious should be able to post in the market section as he's 100% trustable ^^
    probably he just gotta spam his way there or what?
    why spam? can he not make constructive posts?

i am in no way saying he isn't trustable but people have 3 months to make 50 posts at the minimum (which is enough) but basically what happens is that they make an account, don't post at all, and when it gets time that they wanna post something on the market section they just spam it all in 1-2 days...

Banned

In other subject , a comment could be seen like a spam to 1 guy and to the other one it isn't .
    Some of the people will think he isn't helping and the other will think it is helping .

Who can decide if it is spam or not ... the admins here?

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kevinKo3 View Post
    In other subject , a comment could be seen like a spam to 1 guy and to the other one it isn't .
    Some of the people will think he isn't helping and the other will think it is helping .

Who can decide if it is spam or not ... the admins here?
    yes. Their forum, their rules.
    Btw you can decide what a spam is if it's clearly defined cause it has no content at all(so answering your question - it can't be helpfull to anyone)

I think what im going to do, is close this but occashionally bump it. Thanks for your input guys.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123