Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thinking about coming back to play cypher steamko!

This is a discussion on Thinking about coming back to play cypher steamko! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Hey everyone im debating if i should come back and play on cypher steam. The nostalgia coming back to the ...
Page: 1

Default Thinking about coming back to play cypher steamko!

Hey everyone im debating if i should come back and play on cypher steam. The nostalgia coming back to the forum and the videos are bringing me back in lol. But i have a few concerns/questions. First, I'm seeing a lot of people getting banned simply for selling items and other strange reasons. I want to get a decent account but I definitely plan on babashopping for it but i don't want to get screwed if I get banned. Secondly, are the items there super expensive? Could i have a decent lvl 83 character that can pk well for like 700$ or less? And finally I heard the pk there is constant and good pk is that true?
    Thanks for all the answers!

Oh also, would I be better off going to a private server like apex or just go with steam?

try out zone-myko (private server)
    can spend like $30 and be geared enoughh to do well in parties

+7/+0 and lvl 72 is max

Hey! Definitely go ApexKO. Great server, starter gear is enough for pk. Farm is really good. Strong community filled with us players, peruvians, Taiwanese, chinese and of course turkish players. Majority of the players have played JapKO, USKO, SteamKO are now playing apexko. the #1 private server and factually the only one still going 2 years +.

Quote Originally Posted by HitmoN View Post
    Hey everyone im debating if i should come back and play on cypher steam. The nostalgia coming back to the forum and the videos are bringing me back in lol. But i have a few concerns/questions. First, I'm seeing a lot of people getting banned simply for selling items and other strange reasons. I want to get a decent account but I definitely plan on babashopping for it but i don't want to get screwed if I get banned. Secondly, are the items there super expensive? Could i have a decent lvl 83 character that can pk well for like 700$ or less? And finally I heard the pk there is constant and good pk is that true?
    Thanks for all the answers!

Oh also, would I be better off going to a private server like apex or just go with steam?
    Private servers will never have as high of a population as a real server.

Cypher is great, however currently expensive if you want to compete at top level. At the moment it feels like a new server, constant and good pk is accurate.

$700 is enough for an 83 warrior and decent gear for sure.

You will not get banned for buying items, make sure you don't disclose your IGN or that it can be linked to this forum or others.

I think ApexKO is the best private server if you want to save yourself money.
    l911l likes this.

kk cool i played apex a while back under the name elsicario i think, what are the best english clans on the server atm?

Senior Member ISpeakEnglishMate's Avatar

Well i am apart of an english alliance called Illuminati, were full of farmers, PKers and EXPers, some people are from turkey, some from australia(like me) and others from all over the world

trance addict Senior Member sommarblond's Avatar

I just came back playing myself some ardream on cypher. Lot's of active players!
    NuclearWinter likes this.

GloStix (Prestige ******) Senior Member NuclearWinter's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sommarblond View Post
    I just came back playing myself some ardream on cypher. Lot's of active players!
    this .

I keep hearing from players all around that Cypher Ardream is packed as fuck.
    Any fresh info on player amounts during peak times?

I just went now to ardream and got some info from ardream player from australia
    he said during peak times there are around 20vs20 (i dont think thats a lot?)
    and when i visted (before 1 hour approx) there were only 5v5 or something like that

besides that, prices seem pretty expensive, 11$ for GB and you cant get rolling on ardream without +8/+2 at least i think, which means at least 300$ to even think about being competetive...

i could be wrong and this info isn't right, it's just what i managed to get in 15-20 minutes in the server...
    would like to get more info if possible

Quote Originally Posted by omer1234 View Post
    I just went now to ardream and got some info from ardream player from australia
    he said during peak times there are around 20vs20 (i dont think thats a lot?)
    and when i visted (before 1 hour approx) there were only 5v5 or something like that

besides that, prices seem pretty expensive, 11$ for GB and you cant get rolling on ardream without +8/+2 at least i think, which means at least 300$ to even think about being competetive...

i could be wrong and this info isn't right, it's just what i managed to get in 15-20 minutes in the server...
    would like to get more info if possible
    20v20 is shit. I wonder if its the servers peak time or aussie peak time, two completely different things.
    Any streamers on Cypher? Would be interested to actually see whats going on, specially on events.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    20v20 is shit. I wonder if its the servers peak time or aussie peak time, two completely different things.
    Any streamers on Cypher? Would be interested to actually see whats going on, specially on events.
    DCZ is dead on cypher, everything else isn't.

Realistically it is close to the 20v20-25v25 stated, was like 50v50 during boss event, but those dont come very often.

If you're looking for server launch numbers on a 2 year old server look elsewhere. Be realistic people.
    It is however pretty constant from noon - 7 pm EST ( american eastern time) while the total number on each side may not raise to a giant number, theres several clans on both sides so its not the same 10 guys all the time and you get a mix of pk against different people and classes.

I played cz in +1s / 8s with iron set on a warrior 4 months ago, and could pretty much only fight people at aoc and that was it or i got stomped on by the gear others had. I've been back and playing ardream about 2 weeks~ and have had more fun in those 2 weeks than i have in the entire time i played cz in cypher. ( yes if i was running a 5k ap warrior like snipes id prolly have his opinions on cz as well but most people weren't running his items except the top clans. I was rolling around at 3200 )

Tried to give the most accurate info possible without " ardream sucks" and having a very biased view. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a message. No reason to lie about the zone and have someone quit after 3-4 days of not liking it, easier to just give the info and let ya make the decision.

TLDR
    If you need server launch numbers, don't waste your time, if you enjoy ardream pk, give it a shot. if you can only play late nights for american time, it's not gonna be worth your time because night times USUALLY don't get very active, like 1 party v 1 party or so on average.

Quote Originally Posted by NuclearWinter View Post
    Realistically it is close to the 20v20-25v25 stated, was like 50v50 during boss event, but those dont come very often.

If you're looking for server launch numbers on a 2 year old server look elsewhere. Be realistic people.
    It is however pretty constant from noon - 7 pm EST ( american eastern time) while the total number on each side may not raise to a giant number, theres several clans on both sides so its not the same 10 guys all the time and you get a mix of pk against different people and classes.

I played cz in +1s / 8s with iron set on a warrior 4 months ago, and could pretty much only fight people at aoc and that was it or i got stomped on by the gear others had. I've been back and playing ardream about 2 weeks~ and have had more fun in those 2 weeks than i have in the entire time i played cz in cypher. ( yes if i was running a 5k ap warrior like snipes id prolly have his opinions on cz as well but most people weren't running his items except the top clans. I was rolling around at 3200 )

Tried to give the most accurate info possible without " ardream sucks" and having a very biased view. If you have any other questions feel free to shoot me a message. No reason to lie about the zone and have someone quit after 3-4 days of not liking it, easier to just give the info and let ya make the decision.

TLDR
    If you need server launch numbers, don't waste your time, if you enjoy ardream pk, give it a shot. if you can only play late nights for american time, it's not gonna be worth your time because night times USUALLY don't get very active, like 1 party v 1 party or so on average.
    So how much money do you think I need to invest to have a proper ice mage? (+3 shios,+7/+8 oasis and +7/+8 crimson), because without that you gonna get spiked to death real quick

Quote Originally Posted by omer1234 View Post
    So how much money do you think I need to invest to have a proper ice mage? (+3 shios,+7/+8 oasis and +7/+8 crimson), because without that you gonna get spiked to death real quick

even with that you're gonna get spiked to death real quick, just gotta expect it because it's ardream.

I currently run
    3x crimson +11 2x +8, iron set, imir +3, sse +2 x2, elixir +11, quickness set, and i still die in 2 hits with malice.
    then the other guys in my clan range from +7 and olds, to +8 and +2s
    i would say the most important thing is rings. and shios are very cheap right now. +2s are like 150m, +3s like 400m
    oasis 8 is like 600-700m or so, +7 is like 90-100m

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast