Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

SteamKO Anvil rates

This is a discussion on SteamKO Anvil rates within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Has anyone upgraded enough in SteamKO to get a rough idea of what the +7 > +8 upgrade rates are ...
Page: 1

Hustlin' Senior Member kgllegend's Avatar

Default SteamKO Anvil rates

Has anyone upgraded enough in SteamKO to get a rough idea of what the +7 > +8 upgrade rates are with trina? I'm assuming +7 to +8 is about 25% with trina, someone correct me if I'm wrong. What would 8 to 9 be?
    Also, rebirth upgrading with tears is 50% for each + correct?

Pure luck mate, one can also bet on roulette

Edit: made 3xhell breaker8 on cypher with burning about 15 crap +7s then used trina and hb
    Failed 1 eagles eye to 9 with same method but +8 crap items
    Failed 1 hell breaker to +7 reb, with burning chits+1reb before and using tears
    Also failed another hell breaker to +8 reb same method

Quote Originally Posted by FL3r View Post

Edit: made 3xhell breaker8 on cypher with burning about 15 crap +7s then used trina and hb
    So you had 3 +7 HBs and made them all +8s by burning 15 +7 crap pieces? Pretty lucky I'd say haha

Each upgrade had about a week in between. But yes.

damn i wish i had that kind of luck lol

I just upgraded a +1 reb shard straight to +4 with tears, then it burned to +5. Definitely 50% chance on that.

Quote Originally Posted by FL3r View Post

It's not pure luck, there is an algorithm that determines rough upgrade rate. It is not luck that you upgrade more items from +1~+2 than +8~9. There is a statistical probability for upgrade rates, including +7~8.

i just upgraded 8x rebirth items in a row without fail. raptor from +1 to +5 and then avedon from +1 to +4. WHen i went to upgrade the avedon from 4 to 5, it failed. I used the same upgrade method for every single one. I also upgraded the raptor/avedon from regular +1 to +7 before rebirth

Quote Originally Posted by kgllegend View Post
    Has anyone upgraded enough in SteamKO to get a rough idea of what the +7 > +8 upgrade rates are with trina? I'm assuming +7 to +8 is about 25% with trina, someone correct me if I'm wrong. What would 8 to 9 be?
    It is pure luck mate. A guy made 3 x +9 upgrades in a row. Everyone talking about %, chances as probabilities... So how many times ppl have said the chance to make a +9 is like 1% - 3 % whatever.... but see... many many people have burned like a dozen of items in a row and didn't get a successful upgrade. And that guy made 3 +9's in a row....

I have upgraded like 7 high class items with trina and all failed....

Then I tried again... 3 shards+7 with 3 trinas... first two shards went +8..

So ... my personal opinion - ANVIL is all about luck

I have also made a shard +9 with one shard+8 + trina... burned like 10 crap items and upgraded... was lucky

Quote Originally Posted by hongkongfury View Post
    It's not pure luck, there is an algorithm that determines rough upgrade rate. It is not luck that you upgrade more items from +1~+2 than +8~9. There is a statistical probability for upgrade rates, including +7~8.
    Well yes, obviously. I remember the private servers in 2006ish using that leaked server infos said +7 to +8 about 5%, +8 to +9 roughly 1% and +9 to +10 something like 0.01%. But this isn't reliable, anyhow I was referring to the methods some people use, like burning items before. That's still pure luck. You aren't the only one using the anvil and can't estimate your chances.

people actually still believe this superstition about burning items before real upgrade is working? it's just bs it's only about your own luck not matter of how much you burn.

i always wondered why people burned items... theres like 30 other people burning/upgrading items at once lol i just get a bunch of the same items (if i can) and hope for the best xD

Quote Originally Posted by kgllegend View Post
    i think it was %15 success rate for upgrading from +7 to +8 for a high class item. Trina increases with %20 the success rate of %15. That is to say, with trina the rate becomes %18, theorically speaking.

just burned an avedon going to +7 from +6 with trina
    tried upgrading 8 items before hand which all failed

thats y burning is kinda pointless imo

Quote Originally Posted by Strife View Post
    just burned an avedon going to +7 from +6 with trina
    tried upgrading 8 items before hand which all failed

thats y burning is kinda pointless imo
    exactly. If the "burning" items theory was actually working why anyone would have the need to baba in this server? because you can just cheat the anvil by simply burning +8 items or something. Another silly thing i've noticed (including many I know who's playing) they walk to folk village or somewhere else in hope to "increase" the success rate that's another bullshit theory.

superstition, I say =p

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast