Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

SteamKO Anvil rates

This is a discussion on SteamKO Anvil rates within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Lol, there is no such thing as time threshold. You have certain probability no matter how many failed attempts there ...
Page: 5

Lol, there is no such thing as time threshold. You have certain probability no matter how many failed attempts there was before your upgrade. Roulette works the same way as anvil - there always will be 48.6% probability you get red color (counting there is one zero) no matter how many black numbers there was before. You bet all your money on red because there was 100 balck numbers in row but there is still higher chance you will lose. You should have known better after all this time.

Little archer Senior Member

Well, that's my own research. It also explains why when you rage upgrade really quickly you tend to burn every single item. Also, back when gamble item unique drops were announced in chat, you could see many people getting the same item when they tried at the same time.

RNG is not different depending on user, it is constantly going on IMO.

Reminds me of a slot machine we had at a local store, in which you had to choose between a lizard and a bird or it could also land on something that would loose all your money regardless of your choice. For whatever reason, after playing the machine for months, we felt like the bird had a much higher chance than the lizard. Even if the chances were even in reality.

Well you can always ask some private server developer what are the default values in ITEM_UPGRADE table, there is just simple number, no rocket science behind it...

Quote Originally Posted by StonedFreerider View Post
    Well you can always ask some private server developer what are the default values in ITEM_UPGRADE table, there is just simple number, no rocket science behind it...
    For the love of... If it really was that easy, you would think we would have the correct values, or whatever, by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Ganzah View Post
    For the love of... If it really was that easy, you would think we would have the correct values, or whatever, by now?
    Well it is 100% certain that there is no other trick to it besides luck. Because the way upgrade rates are set suggests so. If twostars had any interest in this topic I'm sure he could tell us the correct rates.

But, trina does add 20% more chance to the original chance as was suggested earlier by erdo1990. It also seems like he was pretty close to the correct rates in his post.

So which conclusion we have here? It's just all about Lucky?

I think taking your pants off before upgrading will increase success rate by approx 10%.

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    I think taking your pants off before upgrading will increase success rate by approx 10%.
    I Always do that, but sometimes doesn't work

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ganzah View Post
    The anvil algorythm works like this.

In database it is defined for each upgrade through ngenrate parameter. Ngenrate parameter defines what is the change for item succeed to each grade, it is measured in 5 digits e. g. ngenrate=10000 means it's 100% chance to succeed an item.
    ngenrate=100 means 1% success., ngenrate=10 -> 0,1%, ngenrate=1 ->0,01% success.

Common mistake for trina upgrades is people think it adds a 15% or whatever to the original upgrade. It's not like that, there is a special row in the database for an item upgrading with trina and you can set the success rate to whatever you want, you could even make it for example, that when you upgrade item with bus only it's 100% and with trina is 0%. Trina upgrading values are directly edited just like bus upgrade values, there's no system that trina would be adding a fixed % to your item upgrades. It depends of how the developers set it directly to be.

Now how the algorythm works. Algorythm is gambling numbers between 0- 10 000 (as said before 10 000 is 100% success chance)

Now let's say there is a 5% chance to succeed an item with bus to +8. That means ngenrate for +7 - +8 will be 500. When anvil "throws the dice" if the number he randomly pulls out from 0-10000 numbers is number between 0-500, means you will succeed an item, if it's higher you will burn it.

System is quite simple, if there's 80% chance to succeed item, obviously you have more chance suceeding because there's much higher chance that randomizer function will pull up number between 0-8000. there for you will succeed easier.

However how it's pulling numbers doesn't lock to your character when you are upgrading, but it's randomly changing. It has some complex algorythm that's calculating all of the people upgrading and all the grades, so it's pure gamble, you can either spam it and burn all, or you can come with 3 items and succeed. The burn trick is something people think it's working, thing is it only makes them more confident on the anvil, however it is influencing the algorythm to some level, but that doesn't mean that the more you burn the higher chance you will succeed later, it's just more rapidly changing the anvil's randomizer and mixing it up, but not in the way you would believe (increasing your chance to succeed after burns), it simply mixes it up a little bit, which can be or can not be in your benefit.

The algorythm has some sort of bug in code, or at least i reffer to it this way. Sometimes the randomizer can get stuck for some period of time pulling out numbers in a certain range. More commonly reffered to burn or suceed bug, if you have ever experienced it trying to upgrade several items to +4 and like 4 -5 burned in a row, or upgrading to +7, and you succeeded in a row like 3 - 4 items without breaks. This can happen sometimes, no idea tho why but I guess ... well this is KO ... xD
    lEnemyDown, Kallop, GDM and 1 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SheldonCooper View Post
    The algorythm has some sort of bug in code, or at least i reffer to it this way. Sometimes the randomizer can get stuck for some period of time pulling out numbers in a certain range. More commonly reffered to burn or suceed bug, if you have ever experienced it trying to upgrade several items to +4 and like 4 -5 burned in a row, or upgrading to +7, and you succeeded in a row like 3 - 4 items without breaks. This can happen sometimes, no idea tho why but I guess ... well this is KO ... xD
    that's interesting. Is the random number being calculated on the Clientside or by the Server?

SEXIEST NOSE ON EARTH Senior Member SheldonCooper's Avatar

Server side

Just burned dv+6 to +7 with trine. FUCK ANVIL!

Quote Originally Posted by lEnemyDown View Post
    Just burned dv+6 to +7 with trine. FUCK ANVIL!
    Yeah nobody told you this topic will increase your success rate ?

the only thing I know is that from +1 to +5 with trina is 100%. what about from +5 to +6 ?

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast