Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Whats your opinion on Lvl 80 mage skill Blink.

This is a discussion on Whats your opinion on Lvl 80 mage skill Blink. within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; BLINK POLL - GamersFirst Forums please take part in the poll. Do not flame there, you will be immediately punished ...
Page: 1

Default Whats your opinion on Lvl 80 mage skill Blink.

BLINK POLL - GamersFirst Forums

please take part in the poll. Do not flame there, you will be immediately punished for doing so.

Just a poll to get a good idea of what the KO community feels about using Blink. If Blinking thru walls/Castle gates is considered bugabuse/bad sportsmanship. The point is the help develop the overall idea of the skill to help shed light on a gray area in game.

please no flaming.

good that some things will be clear after today.

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

its annoying when trying to defend but what can u do, if people can do it there gonna do what it takes to get castle... only the people who really still care about this game(which is funny) wont do it and play legit lol. its something that k2 have to fix(which again is funny) otherwise you may aswell work with it/get use to it.

i dont think there's anything funny about caring about your character even in a dying game that seems to make more bugs then fixes. No matter what way you get ur character/gear..... still will suck to lose it to a ban or suck to find it hard to sell your items when you try to quit becuz your labeled a certain way. We all know that happens.

I feel that if its not an issue to worry about, hell.....im going lite since the main time i play is for only csw. I know everytime my team has been on the defending end of the castle, we've always had a good plan to defend it but still end up losing the crystal that turns into a KS war at the end. BUT, everytime we took the castle from a defending clan....we made plans for it and sometimes it took weeks to develop it becuz we didnt want to blink thru and take it.

@lDraven
    Another heated topic for mages amongst the community is using the lvl 80 mage skill to blink thru walls. Most of us wouldnt do so as we find it is a form of bug abuse. There are others that will do it. We would like to know if that is considered abuse and a bannable offense.
    Blink and its assorted uses are actually hot topics of discussion on our end of things as well. Blink has the potential to be readily abused, but at the moment there's no official ruling on its uses being legitimate or bug abuse. It's a big gray area that we haven't really been able to clear up yet ourselves. For the time being, I would simply advise users to play in a manner that does not offend their sense of fair play and sportsmanship. If you feel something may be unfair to your fellow players, don't do it.
    play fair nubz

come on , i don't think it's a bug. i love at war enter in the castle by the back gate and kill all the noobs in the walls.
    Last edited by DarkOrcMage; 02-01-2011 at 11:03 AM.

Only good thing about a light mage xD

Banned Senior Member

I think the skill should stay, but they gotta do something about it, so you can't go through castle and so on (if it's not legit), but don't ruin the fun for the light mages who doesn't bugg

blink shouldn't be removed...any bug abuse they are able to use with it like through walls or in juraid should be stopped by gm's not removing the skill all together

Blink Saves a mages ass so hard its a good skill
    seems like mages get the raw end of the deal they lvl 2 80-83 use there skills then get blamed for bug abuse.
    On my private server Mage Blink was (Tp on a Party Member anywhere in the Map) it had a long cooldown but people actually liked it but yer

Anyways about that dragon in towers topic also i believe they should be able 2 do what they want.People are making posts about it Wanting 2 kno because once a gm Confirms its bug abuse
    and There will be punishments people are just going to spam the Cheater topic with this pathetic bug I cant see actually anything the dragons are good for other then tanking towers and looking good.

Btw Can a Warrior Decent Through a Wall if a party member is on the other side?

Quote Originally Posted by tommmay View Post

Btw Can a Warrior Decent Through a Wall if a party member is on the other side?
    LoL yeah.. they can - dont see it done as much though

i just want some clarity on the skill. i dont want it removed, it has great purposes in game.

Mainly CSW. Why should castle owners have a gate to shut for defensive purposes if a single mage can blink thru it and tp a party in. It defeats the purpose of the gate. I want clarity on it. I would do and would have done it before, but you know how the haters are... the instant they see it.... your getting spammed bug abuser. So we've always stayed away from it. I can guarantee you this.... that every time our alliance has won that castle... its been from planning and doing it by going THRU the front gate after it being knocked down. We've always lost it to a blinking mage....and thats it. No one's ever come in and taken a castle from our alliance by doing the way we do it.... I guarantee you if we did blink thru.. the hate would be lovely but we would own that castle more then ever....

so i just want to know for certain.. everyone's entitled to their opinion... my opinion is blink isnt intened to go thru walls/gates.. dont care how much fun it is. Once a gm says.... the skill is ok to blink thru walls/gates.... its game on.!

I choose no sides on this, but what if it was intentional to allow mages to blink into the castle with the reasoning that they aren't going THROUGH the gate, but up and over the wall? What's the difference between a ladder truck and a mage using blink, so technically they both defeat the purpose of the gate? What would csw be like if every mage went light and used blink over walls? Chaotic? Unfair? Hard?

But then again, in a game based on 'magic', one would also assume the castle is 'protected' from such magic and thus their skill should fail.

So I pretty much can't choose/decide a side.

However, going through walls that have ceilings, imo, shouldn't be possible.

The king. Senior Member

if they delete blink skill every support mage would go ice, that pk would suck with all those icecubes...

Quote Originally Posted by s0ft View Post
    if they delete blink skill every support mage would go ice, that pk would suck with all those icecubes...

delete skill is not way to fix the problem.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast