Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

Still Playing USKO Servers? Go CWest! (Beware: Lot's 2 Read)

This is a discussion on Still Playing USKO Servers? Go CWest! (Beware: Lot's 2 Read) within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So.. people are still waiting for ko4life's private server and majority of the people are playing other various private servers, ...
Page: 1

Promise Less, Do More Senior Member Danny's Avatar

Exclamation Still Playing USKO Servers? Go CWest! (Beware: Lot's 2 Read)

So.. people are still waiting for ko4life's private server and majority of the people are playing other various private servers, meanwhile the rest of the English speaking community is still playing USKO on their older servers, waiting for something to get better. Servers are only dying in USKO, doesn't matter how good your clan is doing or how greatly geared your character might be, truth be told, the game is just dying out for each and every one of us, including me. Which is why I've decided to do something about it before it really does just die out. I won't know if this could work unless I try, right?

Well, here it goes... I currently play on Carnac West (emc), the server meant to be played by English speaking USKO players due to the Turkish IP restriction. It's always been that small, fun and rarely active server where everybody knows everybody. I pk nearly everyday and CZ doesn't seem to be getting better, no matter who leaves what clan or who makes what clan, because in the end, they're all just the same characters being revolved around different people. Most of the time, were just losing more people, even if new players start playing ex-characters... People quit, sell their chars, new players buy old players chars and the game moves on in the same pace it's always been, but it never gets better. Don't you feel the same circulation going on in older servers too? I don't know about you guys, but I've had some amazing fun in KO and I know it's potential, which is probably the biggest reason why I hate K2 -- they have no idea what game they are managing, if only I had the money... lol. (Blizzard, save us!) /wish

Anyway, I don't want to make this a topic aimed toward "stop waiting for good private servers to come out and come play CWest", but instead, stop playing older servers that you only know your friends and the minority of English speaking friends, where that server is only getting worse (especially with high end items like +10 shell sets) and come have some real fun in the server we were all bound to play together. Imagine if everyone who spoke English, came to play one server and one server only! All it takes is 1-3 months, and that's being slow + bring all of your friends and make your clans, you'd make the server go from quiet, to exactly how you once knew USKO, when it was fun... How amazing would that be? Hell no would I support USKO in benefiting more money to their pockets, I just want people to realize the potential of how 1 server can really be. Imagine a bunch of clans fighting for Isiloon and Felankor like the good old days, or imagine a castle siege war filled with clans all fighting for one crystal. Imagine a server that would feel like Hellsgarem and new servers put together, but not just for a few days, but for you to keep and enjoy with the people you appreciate playing this game with. I could go on with these "imaginations" for hours, but my point is -- just try it. If you don't like it, then fuck it! Obviously you have the choice to do what you want, this is a game, not a job, but were all here to have fun and ko4life is the forum for people like us. Without the community of USKO, the game wouldn't be fun, nor would it exist. So what happens when you only add people to one server? = We alllll benefit in having fun, but together.

Recently, a lot of people have been "losing faith" in CWest and either started selling their characters to move to other servers or go play private servers cause they don't wanna pay premium for a game that's only getting worse. I thought a lot about writing this topic and avoided it maybe three times, but it's come to the point where I've realized that if people really wanna play USKO for it's best, there's only 1 answer -- and it's Carnac West. I can understand the responses I am going to get on this topic such as "I already have my character on Xig (etc..) that's super geared with all my friends", bla bla bla.. "and I don't wanna start over in a "noob server" like that". Yeah, I got that a lotttttttttt. But what if we made an alliance that allows all fresh players of CWest not to be bothered in CZ for example, when your exp'ing? I wouldn't understand the excuse of "hell no, I'm not gunna platinum premium a brand new character when I already have my friends and my gear in Ares", meanwhile, these people are still playing Platinum premium on a server that's going to die like the rest of the servers, including CWest. Wouldn't you feel welcomed and excited as if it were a new server? Look at CWest's best items, they're not infested even a quarter way through as compared to Ionia, check out KingofKnight.com, and it's only going to get worse there than it is here. Why? One word (I swear I have nothing against any nation) -- Turks. CWest has hardly 5% or less of a Turkish population, and ALL of these players are amazing people to meet (Turks who lives out of Turkey..).

Another thing I was told to write in this topic was to suggest the people who still play USKO that you should at least try to see how great CWest could be. You could start a brand new level 1 character and reach level 75 in 3 months without even trying. One of my clan members started a fresh character from level 1 this month and he's already doing amazing in CZ, as well as his sharer. To top shit off, he just started the character 2 weeks ago, this April. He's having fun as hell, and it's only going to get better, especially when he gets critical point. Take into consideration that when I say 2 weeks ago from 1-73, it's in a currently inactive server. So imagine if a flock of people came from each and every server out there, even just to try it out, from level 1. Even if just a few clans came to CWest, distributed between human and orc side, CWest would be double as active as any of your older servers your currently playing and I'd gladly promise that to anybody.

Look, all I really wanna say, is that this game would be fucking nothing if it wasn't for us, it's players. So why wouldn't we make a move, all together, and try to change this game for the best of it, to actually enjoy playing it, rather than waiting for servers to get better, when they won't on their own. Besides, all servers except for CWest, have a minimal population of 5-20% English speaking players -- and even if just 5% from each server came to CWest (even if it was just to try it out), would make CWest the most fun server on the list. Babashopping happens in every single server, whether you like it or not, but CWest, as old as it already has become, still has the smallest amount of "crazy items" on king of knight. It'll most probably always be that way, even if CWest really was the server I'd imagined it to be(come).

I'm done writing novels, I'll gladly respond to all questions and negative reasons to not come to CWest in complete honesty, just please do not close this topic -- once again, I promise my intention of this topic has absolutely nothing to do with "stealing people" from ko4life's business with private servers. I just want to see if this could really work, and I know I'll have support from people outside of CWest too. Please post your opinion in any length you want and sorry for making you read a lot, I just had to spill that out of me already edit: should I post something similar to this on official forums too or should I not even bother..?
    Last edited by Danny; 02-02-2011 at 01:13 AM.

All childish flames and irrelevant responses will be removed, just gotta say that from now.

I was about to post that same responce myself danny, this topic is not here "to boost your post count" it is here to try and get people who maybe dont play a server to actually give ko a try again. if u dont like it quit, but without trying you cannot say anything bad about it.

The server as you say is stable but not getting better, its not worse but as it stands now isn't really moving forward. Even 1 more 36 man clan in cz would be insane, new names to pk on more items to buy/ sell. moradon is always full just like old servers, we just need to move those into cz.

Items are relatively cheap and if you do decide to babashop you can get an above average char for arround 200usd. Cheating is low in cz, yes in ardream its quite high but thats expected for the easyness of the kills.

My advice is come try have a mess arround 90% of people are nice and friendly but dont let any past bad experiences put you off.

Come try it ( thats my 2 pence in)

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

First of all , Great Topic and idea .
    I am playing c-west for 2 years +- ( since its open) , I came from diez which was way more active then cwest 2 years ago .
    What made me stay in c-west till now its the English Speaking Players which make u feel more fun to play with , There not k0xpers In CZ (mostly they on only to kill biforst monument and go in there) .

And about other servers i think Danny totaly right , there is only 5-20% English Speakers Players (20% at weekend i guess) , Cwest is 100% English Speakers 24/7 .

Pk got better then its was 6 month ago . You can find pk here most time of the day .

Anyway guys , Give a Try and come to Cwest (We got cookies =D )

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

Gotta agree with everything mentioned in the above posts.

I personally came from ares, which was overcrowded as well.
    In the beginning of going to CW i had my second thoughts about it, but after some time
    you get to know the people in CW and you get to know the server it self.

The big Plus this server has is that, as already mentioned, 90% of the population speaks English and koxpers are at the minimum if you compare it to the other servers.

It's definitely worth a try if you still want to play Knights.

BigGame

I would be happy to help people out that would come to the server. I know people both orc and human that love to help people level.

There are tons of helpful high levels that would appreciate the skills of the oldschool in return you would get the xp that they would give and a home with friendly people.

Like all servers, there are morons but, that is everywhere. A majority of the people are awesome.

Call all your friends lets make this epic! I want my old wars back!!!!

This has my full support +1

Man i love your idea Danny, i hope people follow this. I quit KO about a year or two ago due to the inactivity of Cwest. I keep hearing about how CZ has a few hackers but not many. If people did come to this server i would consider coming back Cause Ko4life private server won't be up for months at best. And there are other private servers that are good, just not populated. Good luck in getting people, and hopefully ill see you guys soon in it?

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I have been always an egoish type of guy as people might know when it comes down to gaming, and one of my most amazing moments in the early KO days until about the end of Girakon times (3 years ago) was to solo. I was amazing at soloing and honestly believed that I did unbelievable compared to most others. However as the game progressed (mostly after platnium premium was introduced), things just changed for me, and it was all about the party PK. Ever since then I never did enjoy soloing in PK, specifically as I said I have done amazing things while soloing, and just started to like clan/party PK. Coming to my point,... last time I have played USKO was in Ionia about 1 year ago, and I thought that would be the last of my playing on USKO, and ever since then I have tried out almost every private server, and even though some are quite populated and have amazing PK, it's just not the same, as you usually enter a private server and have to solo your way into farming and PKing, or even if you do get a clan it will most likely be turkish/hispanic or some other sort of language, which makes it not fun for an English player such as myself to play.

In general, I have tried to "relive" the real KO experience for the past year all over the place, but haven't achieved that goal... and right now I am about to start on C-west on a lvl 81 mage with an English clan, and I'm hoping that I finally do "relive" the old fun times of KO.

All I'm saying is, I'm not joining C-west because Danny posted this. I have decided to join it anyways a few days before this post was made, simply due to the fact that I believe there is nothing more fun then joining an English server and having fun with people that you can joke around and play around while talking the world's primary language.

One option for people not sure about the server, is maybe to share with a friend, play for 1 week see if u like the pk/ exp see if it is good for your timezone and then maybe sort ur own char out.

This topic is not to take people from the ko4life server, it will be up and running but there are a few problems and legal things right now that once they have been ironed out the project will be able to move forward.

This topic has been up for 5 minutes and look at the posters already, if every1 posting brings 5 friends think how many will come.

MrCuban

You pretty much cover all that needs to be say... this is a great idea to get ppl involves to come or try cwest and you will have all my support from this campaign...

Quote Originally Posted by tHeUnBeAtAbLe View Post
    I have been always an egoish type of guy as people might know when it comes down to gaming, and one of my most amazing moments in the early KO days until about the end of Girakon times (3 years ago) was to solo. I was amazing at soloing and honestly believed that I did unbelievable compared to most others. However as the game progressed (mostly after platnium premium was introduced), things just changed for me, and it was all about the party PK. Ever since then I never did enjoy soloing in PK, specifically as I said I have done amazing things while soloing, and just started to like clan/party PK. Coming to my point,... last time I have played USKO was in Ionia about 1 year ago, and I thought that would be the last of my playing on USKO, and ever since then I have tried out almost every private server, and even though some are quite populated and have amazing PK, it's just not the same, as you usually enter a private server and have to solo your way into farming and PKing, or even if you do get a clan it will most likely be turkish/hispanic or some other sort of language, which makes it not fun for an English player such as myself to play.

In general, I have tried to "relive" the real KO experience for the past year all over the place, but haven't achieved that goal... and right now I am about to start on C-west on a lvl 81 mage with an English clan, and I'm hoping that I finally do "relive" the old fun times of KO.

All I'm saying is, I'm not joining C-west because Danny posted this. I have decided to join it anyways a few days before this post was made, simply due to the fact that I believe there is nothing more fun then joining an English server and having fun with people that you can joke around and play around while talking the world's primary language.
    Amen my friend. That is exactly my point, that one server can actually be populated with allllllll people who speak English, and I promise on anything that THAT would be the greatest server you've ever played, because items ain't everything -- trust me, I've played it all.

Let me ask you this, why do you think so many people are making private servers right now? Because EVERYONE is disappointed with what's going on in their current server. So why should everyone compete trying to make ONE good private server (that probably won't get everyone because it's not "USKO"), when you could all play a server that's already bound to belong to us. Please tell all your friends to read this topic (I know it's long, but it's worth getting involved in).

I didn't include this initially, but I would help anyone and everyone with getting their characters to level 80, and I'm already lvl 83. Cause in the end, it'll only benefit all of us as a whole, pk is pk and exp is exp.

Nah that was to annoy danny in vent into deleting that post. This is my real post.

I have to agree with everything danny has said, people should give Cwest a try. Our clan (illustrious) has a bunch of people who including myself and mike who are more than happy to spend a weekend helping people level up until they can get to Lufferson/Elmorad. I personally have a lvl 75 orc mage who i can make a clan with to help people level. Get in touch with any of us, danny/killing/mike/me/shane if you would like help

Regards Tabby

Banned

+1 for this topic! i left ko about 5-6 weeks ago cause i got hacked.. ( keylogger )
    lost alot of items on cwest and mostly on kronos...

But somehow i was so crazy to buy an account again...

And as mentioned before, cwest will and stay the best server in usko for pking, might not be acitve but the only reason other servers are activer in pk is cause you can kill running and shooting archers..

_.-~=FackaBitch=~-._ Senior Member Gaudior's Avatar

too bad when c-west opened we were about to go there. but somehow the Hungarian IP is blocked. C-west lost like 50 ppl with that.(Sogronita from Ares,Sarkanyhadurak from Dies, Rearguard from Olympia, OldBoys from Akara and many other guys who were on different servers and English clans) it still hurts me a bit. seems like we're the only European country which is blocked. lol we're not even near to Turkey. 1000s of kilometers.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaudior View Post
    too bad when c-west opened we were about to go there. but somehow the Hungarian IP is blocked. C-west lost like 50 ppl with that.(Sogronita from Ares,Sarkanyhadurak from Dies, Rearguard from Olympia, OldBoys from Akara and many other guys who were on different servers and English clans) it still hurts me a bit. seems like we're the only European country which is blocked. lol we're not even near to Turkey. 1000s of kilometers.
    Yeah, I've heard a lot about that and some people still have a problem "Logging into CWest 1" because of it. For some reason at the current moment, I can't log CW1 neither, but hopefully when they reset, something could change. A clan leader from Belgium hasn't been able to log in for weeks now, meanwhile my best friend from Belgium never has a problem logging.

Page 1 of 26 1234511 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)

1. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
  2. Hits: 1
    05-01-2012, 07:43 PM
  3. Hits: 2
    12-10-2011, 06:42 PM
  4. Hits: 1
    04-27-2010, 06:39 PM
  5. Hits: 1
    04-27-2010, 06:18 PM