Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By DoomBringer

Turkish ko.....!!

This is a discussion on Turkish ko.....!! within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; So my friends and I ( Europe / Canada / USA ) have been talking lots among our selves regarding ...
Page: 1

Default Turkish ko.....!!

So my friends and I ( Europe / Canada / USA ) have been talking lots among our selves regarding why NTT have the $ set in USD and not Turkish Liar. The servers are based in Turkey via a turkey company and 99.9% Turkish players. Now when you consider that roughly the average monthly salary in turkish is around 2200 TL, how do they afford to pay for it. Just for Premium / Pathos / Valk armor ect, it's around 80 USD. Thats about 450 TL JUST FOR THAT. It's still expensive for myself as a Canadian, but nothing compared to the Turkish population. Now my question is, why are the prices so high? Is this because of Mgames OR both them and NTT? I took business courses awhile ago and one of the first things I learned was that you actually make MORE money selling a product at cheaper then you would if u you sell it for more expensive. Why has the prices never been boycotted by the Turkish community?

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kurtis View Post
    So my friends and I ( Europe / Canada / USA ) have been talking lots among our selves regarding why NTT have the $ set in USD and not Turkish Liar. The servers are based in Turkey via a turkey company and 99.9% Turkish players. Now when you consider that roughly the average monthly salary in turkish is around 2200 TL, how do they afford to pay for it. Just for Premium / Pathos / Valk armor ect, it's around 80 USD. Thats about 450 TL JUST FOR THAT. It's still expensive for myself as a Canadian, but nothing compared to the Turkish population. Now my question is, why are the prices so high? Is this because of Mgames OR both them and NTT? I took business courses awhile ago and one of the first things I learned was that you actually make MORE money selling a product at cheaper then you would if u you sell it for more expensive. Why has the prices never been boycotted by the Turkish community?
    Good for you that you took business class, noone in NTT has done that.
    JokeyS likes this.

Little archer Senior Member

Why has the prices never been boycotted by the Turkish community?
    They have. They boycotted steamko because genie was like 0.50c more expensive.

What can you say, they arent the brightest bunch.

Now when you consider that roughly the average monthly salary in turkish is around 2200 TL, how do they afford to pay for it. Just for Premium / Pathos / Valk armor ect, it's around 80 USD. Thats about 450 TL JUST FOR THAT. It's still expensive for myself as a Canadian, but nothing compared to the Turkish population.?
    no idea for that. maybe we are stupid that's why. actually turkish players choose a pvp servers now for the pus prices. you should too

most mmorpg are sthil up cause of 5% of their population base but this 5% will only play the games if they have the other 95%. that's why a lot of games are free and then they use some tricks making the game pay to win.
    turkey have a lot of rich people where spending $10 000 in a game is nothing. when you have that kind of players there will be a lot of other players around trying to get some parts of the cake. but this 5% will only keep around if they have noobs to kick their ass , so they need to keep finding a balance , where those 5% keep spending money and noobs don't quit the game

Now my question is, why are the prices so high? Is this because of Mgames OR both them and NTT? I took business courses awhile ago and one of the first things I learned was that you actually make MORE money selling a product at cheaper then you would if u you sell it for more expensive. Why has the prices never been boycotted by the Turkish community?
    Who the fuck was your lecturer? You do not universally make more money selling a product cheaper > expensive, that's absolute complete nonsense.

I'd imagine pricing has something to do with Mgame taking some form of commission on monthly sales rather than NTT paying them a flat fee per month to provide the service. It's really the only explanation that makes sense, gotta find 2 margins. Probably why STKO is more expensive, I imagine steam take a % of your monthly sales - they'd just tack on the % onto the pus prices, it wouldn't be a a greed related price increase.

I don't think people give NTT enough credit atall, albeit they're fucking stupid they're not completely retarded. They will have an accountant on staff who runs the digits, if they could make more profit by decreasing the rrp and upping the volume I'm more than sure they would have already done it.

Although they make a bunch of stupid unrelated decisions, obviously there's going to be a motive behind their pricing structure - they're not just pulling figures out of the air.

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by Lavie View Post
    Probably why STKO is more expensive, I imagine steam take a % of your monthly sales - they'd just tack on the % onto the pus prices, it wouldn't be a a greed related price increase.
    Yep they have to pay for Steam licence. Thus the price difference Steamko > Usko.
    I find Steamko better than usko, so for me its justified anyway.

Steam give them a lot of publicity and people see the game there daily bases..... They are entitled to take the little % they are asking... tbh they could take more from this garbage game. It's not steam fault the game is not having interest from the users. They could make a lot more $ with cheaper prices if people would actually find the game appealing in anyway.

And it is actually greed to increase PUS prices just because steam platform want take % for their security on purchases and stuff.... Most games don't let it, or use it as excuse to make item higher price. A lot games have cheap items, because they have people playing it for sake of playing therefore they are willing to invest, and support the game.
    Last edited by mortal; 04-09-2019 at 06:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    Steam give them a lot of publicity and people see the game there daily bases..... They are entitled to take the little % they are asking... tbh they could take more from this garbage game. It's not steam fault the game is not having interest from the users. They could make a lot more $ with cheaper prices if people would actually find the game appealing in anyway.

And it is actually greed to increase PUS prices just because steam platform want take % for their security on purchases and stuff.... Most games don't let it, or use it as excuse to make item higher price. A lot games have cheap items, because they have people playing it for sake of playing therefore they are willing to invest, and support the game.
    NOT GARBAGE GAME

Banned

yea bro free turkish

Banned

turkish ko free bro

Because they are dumb enough to pay that amount to play such rubbish game. 99% of players are chuffed. Why should NTT be bothered then?