View Poll Results: Subsections for each server?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

77 50.33%
  • No

76 49.67%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Subsections for each server

This is a discussion on Subsections for each server within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What do u guys think about General Chat splitted in sections for each server? Ares, Diez, etc. Most users here ...
Page: 1

Default Subsections for each server

What do u guys think about General Chat splitted in sections for each server? Ares, Diez, etc. Most users here are from Diez and some ppl find that annoying.

Now, my personal view is that there's not much talk yet to split sections. But thats my point of view. What do u think?

Split sections may make a small forum like this die...

Solstice

Not enough chat to justify multiple sections

no dont do that devile, stops other servers posting there general opinon..

Terminator

yea i dont think thats a good idea since 75% of forum is diez

SaTaN

I think it would be a bad idea. It's also nice to know whats going on with the other servers yanno?

No,
    we all talk about knight online here... so, its like we are all on the same topic.

Banned Senior Member

Keep it all in 1 chat section

Nattefrost

I say yes, but make it a small subsection so that players from that server can vent.
    Still keep the Main chat, plus the small subsection, and if they are not active we can always remove them, just to try.

I know from experiance that when we used to make a Xig only topic, it would very quickly be placed to the second page due to the vast topics to do with whole KO or diez.

Or better yet...

Add little images that we can choose from to add to the headliner of the topic to indicate what server this topic is about

Ares
    Diez
    Xig
    Bera
    Cyph
    KOL (KO in general)

zerocast

Originally posted by Nattefrost
    Add little images that we can choose from to add to the headliner of the topic to indicate what server this topic is about

Ares
    Diez
    Xig
    Bera
    Cyph
    KOL (KO in general)
    Good idea, I voted yes, since many times i had no idea of what server were people talking about.

SisterMary

Well imo there were/will be loads of topics about general KO or K2 so splitting servers would be bad idea.

Lets say someone from ares founds out smthn about K2 or whatever and he post it only in ares section.
    That will be like "keeping secrets" for only one server and i can't imagine some random guy posting same sh1t in 7 diff places here.

As i assume the splitting method would be cool for cheaters section.
    You can check who scam/cheat on your server not whole US KO.

Thats my 2 cents.

PS.1
    Another thing that could be helpfull here would be making "Where from" field in Profile named as "I play on server" or just simple "Server".
    When u read topic u can check where poster play coz its shown beside his avatar - 2 sec check and u know "with who u dance". :P

PS.2
    Another idea but dun know really if this is easy to do.
    Make smthn similar to emots attached to the topic/post like on invision borads but with lets just say first letter of server.
    [ (A) - Ares , (B) - Beramus , © - Cypher , (D) - Diez , (E) - Edana , (O) - Olympia , (X) - Xiegon ]

when u choose here writing post:

it goes here on the board:

GS & GL ;]

petsmar2

Don't make it like the ko forums plz...this is good.

Haxium

pointless imo.

I care about what happen on all serv, not only diez.

Yea its nice to know what happening also on other servers. If there was a section for ech server atleast I wouldnt bother to read anything else but diez :s

I think that general chat should remain common. However it might be useful to create "local sections" for each server, including only the server- specific stuff.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast