Upgrading Old Uniques

This is a discussion on Upgrading Old Uniques within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; What does it take? It looks like way too much effort....
Page: 1

ub3rslart

Default Upgrading Old Uniques

What does it take?

It looks like way too much effort.

chili_pepper

you cant upgrade old uniques???

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

you can assmble old uniques but not all of them far as i know , all the tk earrings (old ones) you can assmble by taking 3 of them to assmble npc and get 1 normal . like 3 old pe > 1 normal pe but the success rate on this stuff is 20% without shadow piece if im not worng , then its pertty hard .

chili_pepper

what npc is this???? Ive never heard of this but havent been back long, please enlighten me i'd really lke to know. What others can you assemble???? id happily get a shadow piece or something if it were the case........

im looking for more info here

Banned

yea you can upgrade olds from the guy downstairs from the stair before neria in moradon
    you need 3x old uniques of 1 type and some items you can see at the guy who upgrades
    and its 100% failed with me did over 10 trials all failed

chili_pepper

ah so its not worth it??? I guess its like anding in boxes or frags and even anvil....better to sell really

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Well , its not that true .
    Its up to your luck mate , i went there once with 5 assmbles ( 3 olds x 5 times ) and success 3 out of them , i made Elf Matel earring Platinum earring and Secret silver earring , means i made kinda good profit right there .
    However , its true that the success rate there is kinda lame , i guess k2 didnt care to fix it when they got it on database cuz when u lookin on that book that show you what u need to assmble its aswell not transleted or either bugged .
    Anyways the assmbele npc can be found next to the heppa blacksmith .

u can take 3 old acceries and go to the make krowas npc there.....
    i tried 4 time make old pe but all fail not good % to succese

ub3rslart

What items do I need to be able to upgrade? I have the 3 uniques already.

the things wich drops from the monsters in monster stone , u need 50 of those and 5 of the thing that drops from last boss ( nest of "something" ) its a blue thing
    and u need to buy something from the same npc u upgrade them from, , its infront of moradon's left stairs , this thing cost 1m and you will only need 1
    sorry for many "thing" cuz i dont remember what the names were :P

ub3rslart

Too much effort.

chili_pepper

Interesting, these are all hidden findings I dont find any guides or quests showing these, offtopic but what is the rate of creating the right krowaz or cursed weapon using the recipes? similar to that of uniques? Its probably best still to sell, I mean a one off profit isnt going to get you anywhere unless you have plenty of $ or gbs or already have the items, some people ahve made 1 seccess in 7, others 3/5 either way when you sum it up its probably best to sell then just buy 1 guarenteed unique, same for krowaz also? I dont mind playing the anvil as i have relatvely good luck with +7 and trina, however old uniques and boxes and frags seem to similar, all about the 20% chance and when youve got 100% chance by selling and buying it seems better the other way.

if the success rate was higher, you would probably be seeing just about everybody with rols +3 and skeleton belts +3 etc

chili_pepper

I thaught you couldnt upgrade the ones that bound? I.e. you cant upgrade old rols old skeles and old we's??? As p.e.'s dont bind, id think it was the same for old DR's and other such old uniques that dont bind on equip hense you wouldnt be seeing +3 rols etc, although its easy to see enough of them on any server lol, +2 is so easy to get these days. Am i correct in saying that its possible to upgrade non binding old's but not binding ones (pre-bind) ?

i say it blows.. the percentage rate blows nd with some of the old's it costs about the same to make one as it does to buy normal ones =/