Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Suggestions

This is a discussion on Suggestions within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; In the upcoming weeks I'm planning on upgrading the forum and add some new stuff, but before doing that, I ...
Page: 1

Default Suggestions

In the upcoming weeks I'm planning on upgrading the forum and add some new stuff, but before doing that, I want to hear you guys. I've been reading the feedback section as well, and would like to see if you guys got more suggestions.

What would you like to see? What things are currently not working?

I'm sure there's a ton of things that are not working properly. The idea is to start working on them. I can't promise everything posted here will be done, but we will do our best to at least fix the main issues.

trying to think of good suggestions and one keeps coming to me. The old forums had the bump option, that was pretty sweet. If this option is possible on these forums that would be an awesome upgrade^^

thanks for the the chance to suggest these things.

a chat box
    gonna think of more and edit this post

Da Camel Senior Member Killing spree's Avatar

well, not really a suggestion but more a bug:
    Fix profile links, like if you have for example "Draven", and somebody makes the name",Draven",
    if you click on that link it will redirect you to the original Draven's profile page.

Kinda getting abused from the scammers,
    as the mods probably know cause they banned like a million the last weeks or so

Quote Originally Posted by Killing spree View Post
    well, not really a suggestion but more a bug:
    Fix profile links, like if you have for example "Draven", and somebody makes the name",Draven",
    if you click on that link it will redirect you to the original Draven's profile page.

Kinda getting abused from the scammers,
    as the mods probably know cause they banned like a million the last weeks or so
    Devile disabled new accounts being created with anythign other then letters and numbers. No more , . " _ in names. I think that might have fixed that.

<3

Quote Originally Posted by Draven View Post
    Devile disabled new accounts being created with anythign other then letters and numbers. No more , . " _ in names. I think that might have fixed that.

<3
    ow fuck me then, nvm my post
    sexy, no more imposters then

Odi
    Banned Senior Member

Add "thnx" button or something so ppl can earn some points, thru this we can see if someone is just spaming or his like actually doing something/ helping people not trolling..

Ok, keep the suggestions coming. Taking note of everything.

/Quit_Game Senior Member sonvicky's Avatar

Some kind of vouch section? I'm not really sure where I'm going with that, but it would be a great way to have everyone that would be able to vouch for you in one topic.

Example, I make a topic namned Vouches for sonvicky
    In that topic, everyone that can vouch for me, just writes something like "I'll vouch for this person" with some reason or whatever...

---
    Removes or just rename accounts that were created a long time ago, so we can use the names... The name I have, is sadly from when I first started USKO so yeah... I really would like to use the names I usually use, but it's both taken and I heard you guys don't do Name changes (due to scammers and stuff I suppose).

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by sonvicky View Post
    Some kind of vouch section? I'm not really sure where I'm going with that, but it would be a great way to have everyone that would be able to vouch for you in one topic.

Example, I make a topic namned Vouches for sonvicky
    In that topic, everyone that can vouch for me, just writes something like "I'll vouch for this person" with some reason or whatever...

---
    Removes or just rename accounts that were created a long time ago, so we can use the names... The name I have, is sadly from when I first started USKO so yeah... I really would like to use the names I usually use, but it's both taken and I heard you guys don't do Name changes (due to scammers and stuff I suppose).
    totally agree with this.

We are adding an "ebay like" feedback system were you can provide feedback, positive or negative, for any user. It will only work in the Market Section. That will assign a feedback score for each trader. You can also look at his profile to read the user comments and which sales left postive/negative feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by Devile View Post
    We are adding an "ebay like" feedback system were you can provide feedback, positive or negative, for any user. It will only work in the Market Section. That will assign a feedback score for each trader. You can also look at his profile to read the user comments and which sales left postive/negative feedback.
    thats a freaking great idea

and about the shout box idea, thats sucks.
    It would totally ruin the '90 days & 50 post' rule as they would just spam the fuck out of that shout box to sell stuff.
    The shout box would end up being the new moradon for ko4life :/

Users of the shout box must have same req's as Market sections , that will cut out the spammers
    don't allow selling / buying in shoutbox and who ever do that gets muted for 1 day , not a big deal really

i also got a suggestion , when you chose new mods why don't you open a public poll ? to see if they are really wanted or not , nothing personal towards our new mods but i heared many people complaining
    Last edited by the ring; 10-13-2010 at 04:18 AM.

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

I've said for a long while, I think before we even switched forum boards that adding a prefix to new topics would be a great idea.

For example, you create a topic in the KO general section and you have a choice(drop down menu or something) to prefix the topic with what server it pertains to, if it does. Then when you make your topic it would start "[Server] WTF STUPID CHEATERS!!!".

Would organize the KO sections, or any section really, a bit without seperating it. People would know in advance what server the topics about, rather than clicking it, reading it, getting mad they read a post not about their server, flaming the topic for wasting their time, etc, etc, etc.

I'm pretty sure most mods that add the prefix system also let you able to search for the forum by prefix as well. So you could go into search and choose to search by prefix, select the prefix, and it'd show every topic on the forum that's been prefix'd with that.

Quote Originally Posted by the ring View Post
    i also got a suggestion , when you chose new mods why don't you open a public poll ? to see if they are really wanted or not , nothing personal towards our new mods but i heared many people complaining
    Because it's about who the staff trust to do the job. It's not a popularity contest.

~SkaNkLeR~ Senior Member griml2eaper's Avatar

Well, I would suggest advertising a hole lot more then what is already being done if there is anything being done.
    Speaking with a few server owners to add your website as a link back to you.
    Be more private server friendly. (Just a opinion, possibly could lead into the wrong direction, you could even charge us private server hosters a 3$ month fee to be a community supporter or add your own twist.. Ive seen this on other forums. MAKE US PAY!! haha)
    If you want Devile, ill have a link back to you, FreshKO isn't the biggest private server around but we do decent whatever helps.. Unless you don't want us too of course.

Also, You need to go threw friends list and pick some trusty moderators you yourself probably need to stick around for a few days and be on as much as possible to help show the community your here to help moderate the kiddies.

Thats my two cents would love to hear what you have to say

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast