Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Suggestions

This is a discussion on Suggestions within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; the ebay like thing aint that goone me hard , but buddies giving each other Reps / good comments? the ...
Page: 2

KalaBunga Senior Member

the ebay like thing aint that goone me hard , but buddies giving each other Reps / good comments?

the dead section should use a boost , very old topic's should be closed etc.

Maby a news feed , but then only ment for gaming , would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by griml2eaper View Post
    Well, I would suggest advertising a hole lot more then what is already being done if there is anything being done.
    Speaking with a few server owners to add your website as a link back to you.
    Be more private server friendly. (Just a opinion, possibly could lead into the wrong direction, you could even charge us private server hosters a 3$ month fee to be a community supporter or add your own twist.. Ive seen this on other forums. MAKE US PAY!! haha)
    If you want Devile, ill have a link back to you, FreshKO isn't the biggest private server around but we do decent whatever helps.. Unless you don't want us too of course.

Also, You need to go threw friends list and pick some trusty moderators you yourself probably need to stick around for a few days and be on as much as possible to help show the community your here to help moderate the kiddies.

Thats my two cents would love to hear what you have to say
    That would be great. I'm working on some tech upgrades for the site. After that, I think we can work on advertising the site more.

Well I just changed my options so I'm not invisible anymore. You should be able to see me more frequently now.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by camaz0tz View Post
    I've said for a long while, I think before we even switched forum boards that adding a prefix to new topics would be a great idea.

For example, you create a topic in the KO general section and you have a choice(drop down menu or something) to prefix the topic with what server it pertains to, if it does. Then when you make your topic it would start "[Server] WTF STUPID CHEATERS!!!".

Would organize the KO sections, or any section really, a bit without seperating it. People would know in advance what server the topics about, rather than clicking it, reading it, getting mad they read a post not about their server, flaming the topic for wasting their time, etc, etc, etc.

I'm pretty sure most mods that add the prefix system also let you able to search for the forum by prefix as well. So you could go into search and choose to search by prefix, select the prefix, and it'd show every topic on the forum that's been prefix'd with that.

Because it's about who the staff trust to do the job. It's not a popularity contest.

This. Brilliant Idea if it's a possible one.

how bout a "like" button to the topics xD

As said few weeks ago, remove all dead sections and get back to your core activity (USKO) and expand it a lil with PSKO. Why should ppl who play other MMO's come here when there's zero information available here plus tons of other forums which are way better for the game they play. This forum is a mess when it comes to navigation. Too much clicking around for nothing, cuz tons of sections are not used.

Also there is no point trying to expand to other games, ppl won't come here anyway. The only thing that could bring G4L back to its former glory was an own runned PS, but you stopped that project.

Gravediggaz Senior Member gregg's Avatar

Hi Devile, I don't know if I'm the only one, but personally I find myself missing a lot of private messages due to the fact that I just never noticed I had one. Of course if I'm selling something and looking for it I notice the message section at the top of the page get a little bit bolder, but if someone randomly pms me I usually don't notice. I could be wrong but I think I recall the old forums used to pop up a notice in the center of the page telling you about a message. Maybe that was annoying to people that get tons of pms, but personally I like that, or maybe the option to turn a feature like that on or off. Thanks.

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

separate sections for ps3, xbox, pc,
    with including sections like games, system, clans etc.

Quote Originally Posted by gregg View Post
    Hi Devile, I don't know if I'm the only one, but personally I find myself missing a lot of private messages due to the fact that I just never noticed I had one. Of course if I'm selling something and looking for it I notice the message section at the top of the page get a little bit bolder, but if someone randomly pms me I usually don't notice. I could be wrong but I think I recall the old forums used to pop up a notice in the center of the page telling you about a message. Maybe that was annoying to people that get tons of pms, but personally I like that, or maybe the option to turn a feature like that on or off. Thanks.
    It's still there. Just go to your User CP, Edit Options and click on "Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up".

Found it thank you

It Would be cool to get a chatroom for people for people to talk. Also, put a Donate On Front page for accessible icons, signatures and VIP.

Hide marketsection for Guests and non-members :P

bring back VIP Member, been wanting to get that

▁ ▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ █ 100%VOLUME Senior Member SamEs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 稣제逸눇Leqend View Post
    bring back VIP Member, been wanting to get that
    +1

Illibeoppom

Thanks for reply???!, but being cheap-ass as i am(LOL...) i found promo-copy of BlackOps, woohooo! Let's se what this baby can do!

"Banned" is too broad of a title. Someone who is banned for scamming a 15 year old kid of $400 bucks, is thrown in the same category as someone who had their account hacked into. I think it would really serve this forum well to be a little more specific when titling people who are banned. Yes, there is the section that explains people's banning, but the common browser isn't going to research the "why", and many wouldn't even know how to. At the very least I think we should separate the scammers from the hacked accounts. Maybe with a...."banned (compromised account)"? I speak from experience with this issue in more than one way. I used to assume anyone with the title "banned" was a scumbag, until I was recently banned myself (after my msn was hacked which had the same pw as my ko4life). I was rightfully banned at the time to protect the other members, but I remember it killing me that every post I'd ever written was titled with "banned" , pretty much taking away any validity my words had. I think being a bit more specific on the title would fix that.

edit: I just realized I used the word "banned" about 500 times in this post , but I think I had to in order to express my point
    Last edited by gregg; 02-09-2011 at 11:15 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast