Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Taiwan Knight Online ( Official ) CBT starts at 20 Dec 2018

This is a discussion on Taiwan Knight Online ( Official ) CBT starts at 20 Dec 2018 within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally Posted by SkyHunter KO PK is not consistent at all; for instance WoW PVP (basically only arena) is always ...
Page: 2

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    KO PK is not consistent at all; for instance WoW PVP (basically only arena) is always 3v3 or 2v2, so you're granted that level of consistency, whereas in KO you can go into bowl and see 50 parties versus your 10 (yea enjoy that bud) or go fight a party that has an extra $1,000 in gear on you (there's only so much skill in this game, at a certain point you just dont have stats to do damage)

not to mention to be able to get that point (PKING) you have to spend money to be able to EXP quickly (our quickest was 11 days on Manes from 1 to 83, with an 8 man coordinated party etc, everyone spending $$ on genie, exp prem, etc etc, pretty retarded for new people to have to spend multiple months exping on paramuns and shit). dunno, KO is pretty outdated

It has some beautiful gems, I can still enjoy PK etc etc etc, but you've got to admit it's kind of shit at this point where it really isn't worth it with all the other bullshit
    I still take 8v8's or any PK in KO anytime over WoW or other bullshit pk.
    Of course its outdated and definitely a no-go for people who look giggles from ingame graphics.

Last time i was actually amazed by a game graphics was release of Half-Life 2.

But yeah on topic: i will check it out for sure if my ping is decent or rekt

Quote Originally Posted by SkyHunter View Post
    KO PK is not consistent at all; for instance WoW PVP (basically only arena) is always 3v3 or 2v2, so you're granted that level of consistency, whereas in KO you can go into bowl and see 50 parties versus your 10 (yea enjoy that bud) or go fight a party that has an extra $1,000 in gear on you (there's only so much skill in this game, at a certain point you just dont have stats to do damage)

not to mention to be able to get that point (PKING) you have to spend money to be able to EXP quickly (our quickest was 11 days on Manes from 1 to 83, with an 8 man coordinated party etc, everyone spending $$ on genie, exp prem, etc etc, pretty retarded for new people to have to spend multiple months exping on paramuns and shit). dunno, KO is pretty outdated

It has some beautiful gems, I can still enjoy PK etc etc etc, but you've got to admit it's kind of shit at this point where it really isn't worth it with all the other bullshit
    To be fair, KO PvP has some very cool ideas tied to it. The chaotic nature of it is actually one of them. Battle Royales are super chaotic, but it gives the player a sense of accomplishment if they finish in top 10 or whatever, regardless if they played well or not. Well, since KO isn't about winning or about your KDA, anybody can get a sense of accomplishment by participating. Get a couple kills, die, you made nps. It also suits all types of play styles. KO PvP wasn't ever designed to be super balanced, but it's very fun.

The P2W nature of KO is probably the most problematic part for any player who would somehow want to start playing. I've told some of my friends stories about KO accounts worth thousands of dollars, and none of them can even fathom playing such a game. KO is a freak of nature when it comes to the amount of money the players are willing to spend on it. If KO came out today, it would get utterly lynched by the public, due to how consumer unfriendly it is.

The main reason I think this launch of a new server is bizarre, is just because KO doesn't fit the modern model of games. It's not beginner friendly at all, it's not rich in story elements or have fun quests, pets, good visuals, music, etc. Basically compared to any modern games, it falls really short. So I can't see any new player picking up KO and thinking, "huh, this is a good game I could spend 1000$ on".

Ancient Tribesman Moderator Darken's Avatar
    In deep d4rk forest, with thick mists is something valuable hidden.The Village of Golden Tribesman

Quote Originally Posted by Kallop View Post
    The main reason I think this launch of a new server is bizarre, is just because KO doesn't fit the modern model of games.
    I dont honestly know what are those modern standards you keep talking about. And always surprises me how anyone can judge things based on some "modern standards".

I keep playing games that are 20 years old, or older, watching old movies that has not best video quality, or read books that are far from anything "modern".
    Because it is not graphix I care about, or some modern standards nonsense, but fun I have while I do. The main goal of any game is to HAVE FUN. Nothing else really matters. But to each their own I guess
    JokeyS, MissBiatch and Goathorns like this.

Sir DooM* Senior Member DoomBringer's Avatar

The Asian market is over 10x the size of the western market. That's not what's surprising, but the fact that MGAME still wants to continue developing and distributing this buggy ass game with graphics from the early 2000s? Fucking hell. Especially when Asian games are so goddamn nice looking these days. BDO and Lost Ark both have top tier graphics in their respective genres. KO is so outdated, that I can't understand how anybody would even begin to play it at this point. Leveling takes too long, it's too monotonous, quests and lore are boring/nonexistent, EXTREMELY PAY TO WIN. It's just a shit show compared to modern standards.
    I would like to remind you that game is still developed by a team in Korea.
    So, for them, they are just expanding out of Korea.

Yea, the game might be old, but SteamKO Cypher is more active then some of the servers I played 8+ years ago on usko. Also, the English speaking population is way more prevelant. I honestly think that the time and monetary investment in KO is what makes it so addictive/fun. Some of my biggest gripes with modern games are how easy it is to get max level or max gear - you lose replay value.

As far as introducing KO into a new market - I agree with everything that has already been said. The modern standard for games is set so high, I think KO would fail quickly. So it will be interesting to see how this new launch works out, but I would venture to say 90% of the population that continues to play after initial launch would be prior KO players

Quote Originally Posted by Darken View Post
    I dont honestly know what are those modern standards you keep talking about. And always surprises me how anyone can judge things based on some "modern standards".

I keep playing games that are 20 years old, or older, watching old movies that has not best video quality, or read books that are far from anything "modern".
    Because it is not graphix I care about, or some modern standards nonsense, but fun I have while I do. The main goal of any game is to HAVE FUN. Nothing else really matters. But to each their own I guess
    You belong to the minority of people, pretty plain and simple. What I'm referring to, is the majority of the playerbase, which these days consists of YZ-generation gamers, who don't play games like KO. Most MMOs have changed drastically since KO and other old MMORPGs launched and these old games don't fit the model that new games have. KO would need a lot of QoL updates to please a newcomer.

Another thing is that if a new player starts KO with no knowledge about leveling, they would most likely expect leveling to take a maximum time of 1 week, if they were experienced MMO players. But I don't know how long a player playing alone would take to reach lvl 83. New MMOs are always playable solo, but KO is not. Also, most modern MMOs have a more structured quest system, which will automatically take you to maximum level, or at least very close to maximum.

To clarify, I'd love nothing more than to some new MMO to implement a similar PvP system like KO has. The NP/LP system is brilliant, the chaotic PvP is just dumb fun and having 2-3 different factions face off keeps things from getting out of control. It's truly a one of a kind experience, which is surprising, considering how well it fits modern gaming trends.

Watching reviews from KO is always interesting, because it takes people like a couple hours to reach lvl 10. Then they have no idea that to PK, you need to spend hundreds of dollars on gear to even do anything.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zat1Ws9Uv34
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KakhmsFF-d4

Edit: Also consider glancing at some of the steam reviews. Most of them are literally complaints about KO being a notoriously P2W game, which is not acceptable to the vast majority of gamers these days. Most games only sell cosmetics for money these days, but KO literally sells you stat boosts.
    https://steamcommunity.com/app/38943...nr=1_5_100010_

Edit2: I'm not trying to convince anybody that they shouldn't play/enjoy the game. Opinions are always individual. I'm questioning their whole plan to launch a new server from a business standpoint, because there definitely are no new players joining to the server (based on knowledge about the current gamer market, which is important to understand when developing/marketing a new game), so either they have an existing player base in Asia, which I have no information of, or they are just kind of throwing stuff at the wall and seeing if it will stick. Do we have any way of finding active user numbers for KOKO or JPKO? Do they even exist anymore?
    Last edited by Kallop; 12-19-2018 at 11:32 AM.

Probation Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by SPANKME View Post
    Yes, but name one game that has better PK than KO.
    Osrs Multicombat area with your friends... lol

The game is not only outdated, but it is nowhere new player friendly either.... there is very little guides or information how to begin leveling, or gear up. Sure there is icons like potion seller and basic stuff, but beyond that you are pretty much on your own.

First of all it's really confusing you spawn to a area where is like hundred of afk people selling items on merchants, you are really clueless what the is going on. You get annoying kid screaming at you from worm and start to guide you go through level phase. You ask for help and all you get is "SA" and you are own your own trying to figure out where to fuck/or how to move from this starting area. If you are lucky you manage to change zone in first 2 hours because literally no one is going to reply in english. You logout sooner you even see the PVP scene that KO is all about. It has no leveling, or real bossing mechanics that this generation of mmos are about. The graphics are hideous, ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by mortal View Post
    The game is not only outdated, but it is nowhere new player friendly either.... there is very little guides or information how to begin leveling, or gear up. Sure there is icons like potion seller and basic stuff, but beyond that you are pretty much on your own.

First of all it's really confusing you spawn to a area where is like hundred of afk people selling items on merchants, you are really clueless what the is going on. You get annoying kid screaming at you from worm and start to guide you go through level phase. You ask for help and all you get is "SA" and you are own your own trying to figure out where to fuck/or how to move from this starting area. If you are lucky you manage to change zone in first 2 hours because literally no one is going to reply in english. You logout sooner you even see the PVP scene that KO is all about. It has no leveling, or real bossing mechanics that this generation of mmos are about. The graphics are hideous, ugly.
    Just realized that KO would be a better game if they completely removed stat & skill points and automatically distributed them while leveling lol. I wonder how many people quit because they made a rogue and spent points in STR or INT, or leveled "Explore" instead of Assassin or Archer.

TaiwanKO will never be able to play it English because of USKO and STKO ...We will see if its gonna impact USKO and STKO and i hope..

KO is died at 2012.Yeah its true.The reason is why we are still try to play this game is our good memories...This game will rest in my heart forever...but not like that...

NTTgame such a shit company.

Just realized that KO would be a better game if they completely removed stat & skill points and automatically distributed them while leveling lol. I wonder how many people quit because they made a rogue and spent points in STR or INT, or leveled "Explore" instead of Assassin or Archer.
    agreed, because it might sound standard, or basic knowledge to people who have been playing KO all their lifes but to new players they really don't get much data what each class should stack. I think another issue is the archer, and assasin not being divided because most games nowdays have them in seperate classes might confuse some how people how to get archer class like if you need unlock it or something.

Quote Originally Posted by LEJ View Post
    Kallop , the most negative person of ko4life at this forum. Sometimes I really think why the heck are you even here.
    Knight online has a way to bring out the best in people. At least he's not the worst person here, that belongs to camaz0ts and PriestDro.

If you cannot objectively see how bad of a game KO is, then I cannot help you. Nobody can. Doesn't mean you cannot have fun playing, but it is an objectively bad game.

See you at Diablo Immortal buddy.

i have tested the best games out there and none has give me the same fun has ko. this oficial release is great cause maybe they will invest a bit more in the game.

Let's be honest the only time KO had real chance of getting new playerbase was when steam show them green light, and they still failed. There is only same users who has been playing KO the time it has been up. It's not appealing to any new players. I have respect for you guys trying to think otherwise, but maybe it's time to get your heads out of the sand and face it. it's never gonna get new players with the engine and the way it is now.

very nice server

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast