Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Target Icon

This is a discussion on Target Icon within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Is there any tutorial (best video) or something how to make your own target icon? I'm bored of this green ...
Page: 1

Default Target Icon

Is there any tutorial (best video) or something how to make your own target icon? I'm bored of this green shit

Banned Regular Member

when nttgame took over publishing they changed how the client is set up, theres no way to edit it client side now. On usko anyways.

So i have to get this boring shit

Adi
    Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by WSxMagicians View Post
    when nttgame took over publishing they changed how the client is set up, theres no way to edit it client side now. On usko anyways.
    You are wrong, you can still edit client side.
    But you need to get hold of the original file and you can't get it through the client.

On topic, there is a way to change it but I do not recommend on that.
    You can get blocked for it.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Adi View Post
    You are wrong, you can still edit client side.
    But you need to get hold of the original file and you can't get it through the client.

On topic, there is a way to change it but I do not recommend on that.
    You can get blocked for it.
    the original file is easy to find? can you link me to where you got this info so i can see? id like to change mine as well, but gave up when they changed client.
    Last edited by WSxMagicians; 12-28-2014 at 01:52 PM.

Banned Regular Member

idk why its not sticked in media topic .. Black UI + other custom files

Srsly? I can be banned for that?

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by pepeh View Post
    Srsly? I can be banned for that?
    yes it violates the ToS , you actually TBL edit .. just not in a way that gives u any sort of advantage .

It's weird I not a big deal if you ask me.
    WSxMagicians likes this.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by XenSoR View Post
    yes it violates the ToS , you actually TBL edit .. just not in a way that gives u any sort of advantage .
    tbl is information sent to the server, ( or so so ) .dxt is just the image thats layed on the model that YOU see, noone else.
    So its a totally different type of file :P but yes its still editting what used to be the client, which if they wanted to scan every computer to find dxt edits id probably be okay with being banned lol

Banned Regular Member

Adi never told me where he saw that we could still edit them? because frankly im stumped

If you get can get ahold of the old file, the simplest way to update it is to just replace it in its folder, and run the launcher. As with normal patches, the launcher will merge it in.
    If you can't get a copy of it, this tool can extract it from their .hdr/.src files that they're all bundled into now.

It's not something they check at all, nor does it give any advantage, so there's no real harm in it.

Edit:
    For UI changes (it was mentioned above), be aware that they're using differently named UI filenames now. So before you had co_something[_us], now you have re_something[_us]. The old files still exist and can be tweaked by TBL editing, but well, you'd need a TBL editor (also... TBL editing!), and obviously doing so is a little more intrusive than just swapping out the file. I would just use the latter method anyway; rename the files from the pack to re_* where necessary, throw them in the UI folder, run the launcher and bam. New (or.. well, old) UI.
    WSxMagicians likes this.

Banned Regular Member

Quote Originally Posted by twostars View Post
    If you get can get ahold of the old file, the simplest way to update it is to just replace it in its folder, and run the launcher. As with normal patches, the launcher will merge it in.
    If you can't get a copy of it, this tool can extract it from their .hdr/.src files that they're all bundled into now.

It's not something they check at all, nor does it give any advantage, so there's no real harm in it.

Edit:
    For UI changes (it was mentioned above), be aware that they're using differently named UI filenames now. So before you had co_something[_us], now you have re_something[_us]. The old files still exist and can be tweaked by TBL editing, but well, you'd need a TBL editor (also... TBL editing!), and obviously doing so is a little more intrusive than just swapping out the file. I would just use the latter method anyway; rename the files from the pack to re_* where necessary, throw them in the UI folder, run the launcher and bam. New (or.. well, old) UI.
    so what you're saying is if i grab the old file ( the target ring file) and put it into the folder that it needs to be in ( that folder now only has 2 file sin it ) then when i run the launcher it will merge the new target ring file in? Making sure i understand correctly.

Banned Regular Member

I just went ahead and downloaded your tool, this was a BIG help, i'd tried multiple times to figure out how to be able to edit dxt's again and could never find a way to do it since they changed the client.

Quote Originally Posted by WSxMagicians View Post
    so what you're saying is if i grab the old file ( the target ring file) and put it into the folder that it needs to be in ( that folder now only has 2 file sin it ) then when i run the launcher it will merge the new target ring file in? Making sure i understand correctly.
    Yes. The launcher will see the file there and 'update' it as it would if it were a normal patch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast