Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Tbl edits.........new anticheat system.......need answeres

This is a discussion on Tbl edits.........new anticheat system.......need answeres within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Well it says in official forums: .tbl edits The days of playing against people with edited .tbl files are numbered. ...
Page: 1

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

Well it says in official forums:

.tbl edits

The days of playing against people with edited .tbl files are numbered. The developer is currently working on moving certain values serverside, and working with our upcoming anti-hack solution to stop edited files from being usable in the first place. This will also check files in real time, so if someone edits their values after the client has launched it will kick them out regardless.

my question is.

will all players that has used like "arrowshower" fix (wich renamed a few files in ur client) be banned, since if i got this right there will be a second server wich runs to check that everything runs correctly. thoose who renamed the files to stop from dcing, will this server check that they don't have all files and then auto bann them?

since if u rename a file ko client can't load it. and maybe this shows up as missing files to that server check andthen kabooom lvl 83 char or whatever banned for trying to stay online.

it would be kinda stupied if u ask me thoe i really wanna know

please post ur thoughts about this

thats a good question,
    my brother have deleted all *arrow* files,
    i have renamed file (w/e _skill_2 i think), edited the target ring.

most player will have to reinstall the game.

because, it wont be a ban for sure, just a block, like xtrap, game wont open (after scan) i guess or pop error [12312321] : missing FileX etc

my 2 cents

Little archer Senior Member

idk about u but i havent seen the 5 arrow dcer hack for a loooong time now... (cwest)

maybe its time to put skill_magic_2.tbl back where it was?

could easily set it up to replace the changed files (well most mmorpg games it would be easy to)

BK Programmer Senior Member sexyswed's Avatar

cause on edana i have been dcing lately alot there are 5 arrow hackers at bdw at moradon. u can''t merchant or anything unless you have used like arrowfix.

and since they will implete this new thing neither today or next week i dunno what to do. cause i wanna go bdw and i wanna be able to merchant in moradon.

so would be nice if any 1 have a really good answere to this

Banned

"The developer is currently working on moving certain values serverside"
    When the expansion of the new gay moradon came, didnīt they move tbls to clientside ?

If they fix it then edited files dosnīt help so no reason to bann you i think, but mabye more lagg if itīs all serverside ?

idefix

I'm quite sure their anticheat system will detect what exactly is edited in the folders, and most likely won't be banning anyone for this. Also, by the time they're getting this anticheat system up to date with the tbl edits, they will also most likely have fixed the archer dc problem as well, and everyone can put the skill_magic_2.tbl back into the data folder before they start scanning.

no tbls were always clientside, just the knowledge of them was very limited, but now so public, also there is a server source code for KO out there, so leaves the game very vulnerable.

BigApple

The anti-arrowshower hack that I have seen (ArrowShowerFix.bat) has an uninstall feature (option 3 and 4 from the menu). So if you are worried you can uninstall it until the issue is resolved.

Banned

idk about u but i havent seen the 5 arrow dcer hack for a loooong time now... (cwest)

maybe its time to put skill_magic_2.tbl back where it was?[/b]
    I saw it yesterday. Not in pk, but in the arena.

I actually had to reinstall when i got my new HDD so I wont have any issues. But, I would reinstall if you have modified ANY TBL files just to be safe. Be fucked gettin banned for somthing stupid like making a SS look like a CS.

The truth is you can be banned for editing tbl. I don't think K2 will ban right off the bat but they may implement where you can't log in at all with edited files. Sooner or later they might really ban people though...

make a noob account level 1, leave it logged in overnight
    if your not banned in the morning, then you are safe.

Legendary Mage Senior Member tHeUnBeAtAbLe's Avatar

I suggest you re-install it, but I think they mentioned if you edited any tbl files that it just simply won't let you in game.... or was it that you will get banned.

Natazaku

Most novice programmers can get around a MD5 check.

Knowing K2, its probably not a MD5 check more like a file size check which changing cool down from 60 to 0 would be easy to just inject useless but not harmful to the file data that made it the same size.

there new ban system isn't new at all and will only be checking the files your running not the files you've edited

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast