Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By jessupar
  • 1 Post By WnxMiqdad
  • 1 Post By Tenishia

Sheriffs ?

This is a discussion on Sheriffs ? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Who sends people to jail nowdays ? Sheriffs or GMS ? some1 should teach them how to be a good ...
Page: 1

Banned Senior Member

Default Sheriffs ?

Who sends people to jail nowdays ? Sheriffs or GMS ?
    some1 should teach them how to be a good sheriff ...

O_o Senior Member

I guess you got jailed? Well not only GMs or sherrifs can send ppl to jail, there are places where you can stand at that can automatically send you to jail.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by MyDestiny View Post
    I guess you got jailed? Well not only GMs or sherrifs can send ppl to jail, there are places where you can stand at that can automatically send you to jail.
    Yea , I know that (like the mountain near deru @ humans or something like that) thing is I wasn't using illegal program or any thing like that , I was afk in a ape party ...

Quote Originally Posted by Rec7on View Post
    Yea , I know that (like the mountain near deru @ humans or something like that) thing is I wasn't using illegal program or any thing like that , I was afk in a ape party ...
    I can only think of three things that could have made you go into jail...

1. Maybe someone in your party was attacking while they afk, which results in the whole party getting jailed.
    2. You yourself was using the task manager bug. (looks like z+1 attacks; any class can do it.)
    3. Sitting in the fire pit as well at apes is also a form of bug abuse.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Keeshiu View Post
    I can only think of three things that could have made you go into jail...

1. Maybe someone in your party was attacking while they afk, which results in the whole party getting jailed.
    2. You yourself was using the task manager bug. (looks like z+1 attacks; any class can do it.)
    3. Sitting in the fire pit as well at apes is also a form of bug abuse.
    So there are actual Gms doing that ? And I hope they banned the cheater in party if I got it right (by your assumptions )

Quote Originally Posted by Rec7on View Post
    So there are actual Gms doing that ? And I hope they banned the cheater in party if I got it right (by your assumptions )
    there is no sherffs at EUKO and never was. So just gm can put you into jail.

according to the knight online rules and punishment system, if you party with anyone who is using a bug to level (the always on top bug, usually called msn koxp) or koxp, illegal programs, etc.... anything that they'd be banned for, you're supposed to share their punishment due to your character gaining from their cheating. or at least thats how i remember it being written/never enforced.
    Keeshiu likes this.

youre right jess.
    It's actually enforced in some cases were the GM's thinks its right.

I am a sheriff on Edana server...love by many and hated by most...I follow the guidelines that were provided to me when I was given my position.....Keeshiu is absolutely correct when stating anyone that benefits in a koxper, hacking or NPTing party are all punishable....In some instances if the GM is online, not only would the player who was using tricks for gaining exp, nps and so forth, but all members in same party also gets banned too....Please remember a sheriff only can jail you, but it is an actual GM when online that bans you.

So I am sending sound advice here to all....A K0xper has no regards for their own account let alone yours.....He does not care if he gets banned or anyone in his party banned along with him.....If you value your account, play cautiously and keep an eye on those players you even suspect maybe using them.

if one person bug abusing in party whole party gets tped to jail ^_^
    Keeshiu likes this.

Banned Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tenishia View Post
    ...love by many and hated by most...koxper,
    Loved by many and hated by most ?
    dont you mean the oppposite by ''many'' ?

Quote Originally Posted by Tenishia View Post
    I am a sheriff on Edana server...love by many and hated by most...I follow the guidelines that were provided to me when I was given my position.....Keeshiu is absolutely correct when stating anyone that benefits in a koxper, hacking or NPTing party are all punishable....In some instances if the GM is online, not only would the player who was using tricks for gaining exp, nps and so forth, but all members in same party also gets banned too....Please remember a sheriff only can jail you, but it is an actual GM when online that bans you.

So I am sending sound advice here to all....A K0xper has no regards for their own account let alone yours.....He does not care if he gets banned or anyone in his party banned along with him.....If you value your account, play cautiously and keep an eye on those players you even suspect maybe using them.
    And the GM's atleast didnt bant everyone in old days at EUKO. At begining when most of the players were exping at apostoles they did tp the whole pt a bit away from that spot and disbanded the whole pt and then he did see who was hacking and sended only that person to jail and not everyone in party. You cant awalys tell when someone is using cheats or is whole pt using cheats if they exp so thats why everyone hates Sheriffes, becouse they do send everyone to jail even tho if players dont know if they are in party with koxper/s. So what Sheriffes should do is to find the person who is using cheats and punish only him and not whole pt and if you cant find that person then tell GM their names and let him do that job.
    Sending everyone to jail is more than punishment to legit players and ofcourse NTTGame owns all rights to do what they want to do and thats what they have done to this day and will do. If they dont change "guidlines" then Sheriff's will keep getting more and more haters.
    I was sended 2 times to jail at EUKO by GM in boss event when i was trying to find something to Drain and... well i just deleted that char and made new one, becouse there was lvl jump event then.
    Maby NTTGame whould make their own "real koxp" and not crappy versio and expensive one so there would be less cheaters if you would have to pay 2 x more than normal koxp. Just a tought.
    (Even GM's do make mistakes)

Actually us Sheriffs are supposed to tell those who are in party with the cheater to get out of the party or else they will get punished just like the one cheating. People think I am usually joking, but soon as they go to jail, they hate me for it. I don't care if you are legit or not. You are officially doing something 'illegal' by being in a party gaining exp/np illegally due to someone in your party.

It's in the rules. Sheriffs ways are not going to be changed because non-cheaters want to abuse the ways of the real cheaters.

Look at the Rules of Conduct:

Using 3rd Party Tools or participation in a 3rd Party Tools group Account Terminated

The idea of using that Game Genie is also too being abused.....This game genie players no matter whether the program is legal...They are also adding k0xper players into their parties, so that the k0xpers are taunting the sheriffs and saying ha ha ha you can not touch me, because they assumed that they are in a Game genie party that they are playing legal...but little do they know that shortly before the forums went down on the main homepage of KOL.....Sheriffs were given permission to also jail those that are operating the Game Genie who are adding well known k0xpers in their parties....You may seemed to think this isn't fair since they purchased the Game Genie.....But as in all fairness here, the bottom line is...Absolutely no tolerance for K0xpers.
    Keeshiu likes this.