Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

stop hackers, keyloggers

This is a discussion on stop hackers, keyloggers within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; www.faronics.com here is a company serving a security software deepfreeze, its kind of nortonghost but stronger I believe, there are ...
Page: 1

GedKalessin

Default stop hackers, keyloggers

www.faronics.com here is a company serving a security software deepfreeze, its kind of nortonghost but stronger I believe, there are some hardwares does same job but its cheaper
    install deepfreeze into pc and choose harddisk partitions to freeze, recomemnded all drives, and restart your pc
    now its frozen, and you cant save any file on it, you can save but each log in it will rollback to frozen point.
    you can even install virus or keyloggers and restart your pc, all will be deleted.
    in this case, I advice strongly to restart pc each log in to game, incase of you got a keylogger during pc started.

disadventeges, you have to download k2 patches every log in, and you cant save some files, you can disable deepfreeze for temprorary and do your business and activate again, but becarefull during its disabled.

there are some ways to hack it, but never remotely, hacker should have physicall access to pc to do so, means public cafes protected with deepfreeze still not safe.

I hope no one will lose/scammed again by lamers

R34P3R_Magikz

may stop them kind of hacks but db hacking ... and it would be a ball ache reinstalling you stuff everytime if u forget to disable it

Deepfreeze is mostly used at LAN centers. U capture a clean image, u freeze it and everytime they reboot it restores that image. If u need to update it like in the case of new patches, u just restore with the clean image, update whatever u need to update and then save that image so it restores an updated one.

Never played much with this software but I know some LANs down here use it and its really good to prevent keylogers, viruses and hacks in general.

GedKalessin

yes db hack, no way to protect your ass, but anyways protect yourself as much as possible

reinstalling your software or regainin to lvl 65-70?
    I reinstall my softwares

and there is both versions, for lan users and for personal computers, I use it for my single pc and works great protection.

I hope my help on public will not anger some database hackers

Sadly most hacking is done not cause of client side vulnerabilities (keylogers, shared accounts, etc.) but prolly cause of server side vulnerabilities, specially on the website which is the biggest pile of junk ever made by men.

Banned

ty ged

earl

deepfreeze slows down ur comp like hell.

SaTaN

You cant stop getting hacked. Client side you can but I do believe its all done on the website. Like once ur info is changed, NOTHING can help you cept a tech gm, even then u get no hope unless you have actually talked with them urself or know them personally :S altho this program is pretty good, i find it pretty worthless.

there is no such thing as random hackings. i get threatened by turks everyday that they will hack me and i laugh at them. ive never been hacked and i dont know anyone hacked who was careful with their account.

i think that 90% of hackings on this forum are people getting scammed by friends or clanmates. and i think some info is leaked by K2 staff deliberately.

jeoom

fuk it.. no one know's my ID etc.

then how the fuk i got hacked?

not used 3rd prog's nothing..

and yes im hacked..

GedKalessin

you cant imagine how easy to konfigure a keylogger server and how easy to bind it with a 3th party progm (koxp,kosp, kohack etc) or even into jpeg files,
    and its also very easy to find lvled ppl on msn and try to install it remotely.

I advice all of you hardware solutions to keep pc clean or easier way to use deepfreeze, it will not slow your pc as "earl" said, I used that ages long.

and just prey that lord protect you from database hack.

Originally posted by 0000000
    there is no such thing as random hackings. i get threatened by turks everyday that they will hack me and i laugh at them. ive never been hacked and i dont know anyone hacked who was careful with their account. *

i think that 90% of hackings on this forum are people getting scammed by friends or clanmates. and i think some info is leaked by K2 staff deliberately.
    Just cause it didnt happen to u doesnt mean i doesnt happen. Happened to me 1 year ago when i didnt share my acc but accountid was the same as charname. Sure, ppl get scammed by friends all the time, but there's a lot of hacking going on cause of website problems.

wasnt there a bug a while ago with account name = char name? lots of people were "hacked" via that. since that was fixed i dont know of anyone who was randomly hacked. Festo and i equipped a mage few months ago that was stolen, but it was due to someone having access and scamming all the items (alkalinekat). i think this is what happens to most people.

Right now I'm pretty sure there's a security issue and ppl are able to access any account, need to investigate more. They just need the accountid. What happened to me was exactly the same. First thing the hacker tried was my charid and it matched my accountid like most ppl who played from the start. After that, I never used the same accountid for a char.

The bug used to hack me was related to cookies security. U could change the userid in the cookie and log on the web as anyone. Obviously u needed the userid of your victim, not even the password, and from there change the email and send the password there.

Like this, there have been other security issues.

It is definitely true that most of the bullshit that happens is server side, at least with this game. Sure people are idiots and download sub7 trojans and shit but look at rebelde20 a while ago, got hacked completely without his control and even clanned by the hacker.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast