Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

THANKSGIVING

This is a discussion on THANKSGIVING within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Munch the holiday WAS MADE TO GIVE THANKS FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU ARE ...
Page: 3

louch

Originally posted by Munch
    the holiday WAS MADE TO GIVE THANKS FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR, not to say hey we killed people and took their land. *Whether they did or not is inconsequential and it SURE AS HELL ISNT what we celebrate. *Like I said, if you chose to celebrate that, go for it. *BTW You just tried to say that your post made sense by quoting me.. it still didn't.

P.S. you are furthering my point that people like you ruin the holiday. *I will not let you ruin mine and will not post again on this topic. *Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on ko4life including mr. negative here.
    wtf do you think the pilgrims were thankful for when they made this holiday?
    LAND
    where and how did they get that land?
    KILLING INDIANS
    come on this would be like if we were celebrating denim jeans...the origin of that would be what? cotton, who picked our cotton?
    black slaves, so by celebrating denim, we'd be celebrating slavery.

and it depresses me that you wont post again because im really bored and cranky from this heart burn from drinking champagne
    i want an arguement damnit

Munch

since you asked for it i'll give you a quickie :P.

Your analogy makes sense on the surface. But as I have been saying the Holiday is giving thanks to what you truely appreciate. Which in your point was land at the time of the pilgrims. We, today, are not pilgrims are we. If you are going to bring time/circumstance up, what are you thankful for when you celebrate this holiday; case and point.

Just as circumstantial evidence is more often then not thrown out in a court of law...so too is this "way far outside the box" way of thinking you and people like you have thrown out of my mind. It just tries to make a badguy or a wrong out of a wonderful holiday and the ideas behind it.

ChosenAngel

Originally posted by louch+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(louch)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Munch
    the holiday WAS MADE TO GIVE THANKS FOR FAMILY AND FRIENDS AND WHATEVER ELSE YOU ARE THANKFUL FOR, not to say hey we killed people and took their land. *Whether they did or not is inconsequential and it SURE AS HELL ISNT what we celebrate. *Like I said, if you chose to celebrate that, go for it. *BTW You just tried to say that your post made sense by quoting me.. it still didn't.

P.S. you are furthering my point that people like you ruin the holiday. *I will not let you ruin mine and will not post again on this topic. *Happy Thanksgiving to everyone on ko4life including mr. negative here.
    wtf do you think the pilgrims were thankful for when they made this holiday?
    LAND
    where and how did they get that land?
    KILLING INDIANS
    come on this would be like if we were celebrating denim jeans...the origin of that would be what? cotton, who picked our cotton?
    black slaves, so by celebrating denim, we'd be celebrating slavery.

and it depresses me that you wont post again because im really bored and cranky from this heart burn from drinking champagne
    i want an arguement damnit[/b]
    pilgrims didn't have the land when thanksgiving began in fact they were dieing like poor sobs
    the day was made to give thanks to god for the things they had for ex the food and their indian friends

not sayin the killin that u mentioned didnt happen but it did after years passed not when thanks giving was established

anyways thats how it went or so they tell us xD im not from usa so idc if u think they are some fags celebrating the death of some indians

Munch

and yes as chosenangel says, thanksgiving originated before colonies had even become close to being developed.
    Well that is not exactly true. The spaniards began colonies in florida in the late 1500s, but they dont celebrate thanksgiving :P.

louch

since you asked for it i'll give you a quickie :P.

Your analogy makes sense on the surface. *But as I have been saying the Holiday is giving thanks to what you truely appreciate. *Which in your point was land at the time of the pilgrims. *We, today, are not pilgrims are we. *If you are going to bring time/circumstance up, what are you thankful for when you celebrate this holiday; *case and point.

Just as circumstantial evidence is more often then not thrown out in a court of law...so is this "too far outside the box" way of thinking you and people like you have thrown out of my mind.
    what am i thankful for you ask? every thanksgiving ive asked myself the same thing, and never came up with an answer for it, so in a sense, im not thankful for anything really, but now, today, im thankful for the love i get and give with my girl, and im thankful that i am a soldier of the US army.

whether you want to think it or not, this country celebrates the days we stole land from native americans, you may not think like that, along with millions of other americans, but its true, its the hidden truth, there much much hidden truth in the country, that only "outside the box thinkers" can see.
    i, happen to be a very, VERY technical thinker.

Geodine

Americans.. :rollseyes:

Munch

a technical thinker? More like a liberal version of a fascist if I could be so bold. You believe that what you believe is a universal truth, a "hidden truth". That is not what America thinks and if you are so arrogant to think you know more than "millions of other Americans" I suggest you go back to school.

You are taking a negative that occured after thanksgiving was even invented and associating it with the holiday and being so presumptuous to say that is what we celebrate whether we like it or not.

louch

a technical thinker? *More like a liberal version of a fascist if I could be so bold. *You believe that what you believe is a universal truth, a "hidden truth". *That is not what America thinks and if you are so arrogant to think you know more than "millions of other Americans" I suggest you go back to school.
    so, how are you going to say "and if you are so arrogant to think you know more than "millions of other Americans""
    when YOU said "That is not what America thinks"

sir, i do believe you SUCK at arguing :wub:

Munch

I did not even imply I knew more than them, I implied that I concured that a "My way or the highway" approach is not commonplace among most Americans (nothing to do with inteligence). I might have implied that I knew more than you personally however :P.

and your argument has degraded to purely assaulting someone instead of at least MIDLY staying on topic :P do not say I suck at arguing :P.

louch

I did not even imply I knew more than them, I implied that I concured that a "My way or the highway" approach is not commonplace among most Americans (nothing to do with inteligence). *I might have implied that I knew more than you personally however :P.

and your argument has degraded to purely assaulting someone instead of at least MIDLY staying on topic :P do not say I suck at arguing :P.
    no no no
    you said "what america thinks" implying you know millions of americans, or dare i say, ALL americans.
    which i know you dont know more then at least...under 200 americans?
    and i didnt assault you at all, i said you suck at arguing because anyone who contradicts themself, in fact sucks at arguing.

Munch

re-read my post please your wrong.

I'm off to eat some turkey say hi to the indians for me! oh and enjoy the champagne.

louch

you contradicted yourself, end of story, i win, you lose
    try again in another arguement :wub: h43r:

rofl if a "winner" could be declared in an arguement, which in and of itself is pretty childish, munch would be it hands down :P. You are not as much arguing as you are trying to stay a float with what he said lol. All I have seen is you being arrogant and narrowminded. Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

louch

Originally posted by xShiFTx
    rofl if a "winner" could be declared in an arguement, which in and of itself is pretty childish, munch would be it hands down :P. *You are not as much arguing as you are trying to stay a float with what he said lol. *All I have seen is you being arrogant and narrowminded. *Happy Thanksgiving everyone !
    then how would there ever be a winner in a debate :rollseyes:
    i win that arguement as well.
    the only ppl not on my side in this argument, are like you said NARROWminded americans who dont want to face the truth, that america was once a very evil country, and colony, every other country see's it, why cant we?

Cocaine

If your talking about people conquoring the Native Americans then shouldnt these Americans your referring to be called the Europians? The people who came to America were told to colonize and find new land by the Europian leaders of w/e country they come from.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast