Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

THANKSGIVING

This is a discussion on THANKSGIVING within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by Cocaine If your talking about people conquoring the Native Americans then shouldnt these Americans your referring to ...
Page: 4

louch

Originally posted by Cocaine
    If your talking about people conquoring the Native Americans then shouldnt these Americans your referring to be called the Europians? The people who came to America were told to colonize and find new land by the Europian leaders of w/e country they come from.
    im talking about the people who live here TODAY

Cocaine

Originally posted by louch
    wtf do you think the pilgrims were thankful for when they made this holiday? *
    LAND *
    where and how did they get that land? *
    KILLING INDIANS *
    come on this would be like if we were celebrating denim jeans...the origin of that would be what? cotton, who picked our cotton? *
    black slaves, so by celebrating denim, we'd be celebrating slavery. *

and it depresses me that you wont post again because im really bored and cranky from this heart burn from drinking champagne *
    i want an arguement damnit
    No your not.

louch

Originally posted by Cocaine+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cocaine)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-louch
    wtf do you think the pilgrims were thankful for when they made this holiday? *
    LAND *
    where and how did they get that land? *
    KILLING INDIANS *
    come on this would be like if we were celebrating denim jeans...the origin of that would be what? cotton, who picked our cotton? *
    black slaves, so by celebrating denim, we'd be celebrating slavery. *

and it depresses me that you wont post again because im really bored and cranky from this heart burn from drinking champagne *
    i want an arguement damnit
    No your not.[/b]
    no what...

Cocaine

What do you think? Talking about people who live here today.

louch

What do you think? Talking about people who live here today.
    actually i am, the times im talking about people back then, i say pilgrims, because thats what they were.
    i didnt say european, or american, i said pilgrim.
    i havent been talking about only pilgrims this whole time, unless you only read that 1 post.

Cocaine

No, I read your post saying, "im talking about the people who live here TODAY". Then I chose to read a few other posts on the page and saw that you contradicted yourself, so I laughed and posted it. The pilgrims WERE people from Europe. They didnt just appear out of nowhere on a boat, land on North America, and start colonizing. They were told to by Europian leaders.

louch

If your talking about people conquoring the Native Americans then shouldnt these Americans your referring to be called the Europians? The people who came to America were told to colonize and find new land by the Europian leaders of w/e country they come from.
    when i said stuff about ppl conquoring the native americans, i said pilgrims, not americans.

Pwner4Last

Originally posted by louch+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(louch)</div>
    <!--QuoteBegin-Munch
    since you asked for it i'll give you a quickie :P.

Your analogy makes sense on the surface. *But as I have been saying the Holiday is giving thanks to what you truely appreciate. *Which in your point was land at the time of the pilgrims. *We, today, are not pilgrims are we. *If you are going to bring time/circumstance up, what are you thankful for when you celebrate this holiday; *case and point.

Just as circumstantial evidence is more often then not thrown out in a court of law...so is this "too far outside the box" way of thinking you and people like you have thrown out of my mind.
    what am i thankful for you ask? every thanksgiving ive asked myself the same thing, and never came up with an answer for it, so in a sense, im not thankful for anything really, but now, today, im thankful for the love i get and give with my girl, and im thankful that i am a soldier of the US army.

whether you want to think it or not, this country celebrates the days we stole land from native americans, you may not think like that, along with millions of other americans, but its true, its the hidden truth, there much much hidden truth in the country, that only "outside the box thinkers" can see.
    i, happen to be a very, VERY technical thinker.[/b]
    ah, what is this, proud to be in the army, yet u didn't like thanksgiving couse "ur" ppl killed Indians, i smell something weird here

louch

Originally posted by Pwner4Last+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Pwner4Last)</div>
    Originally posted by louch@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Munch

since you asked for it i'll give you a quickie :P.

Your analogy makes sense on the surface. *But as I have been saying the Holiday is giving thanks to what you truely appreciate. *Which in your point was land at the time of the pilgrims. *We, today, are not pilgrims are we. *If you are going to bring time/circumstance up, what are you thankful for when you celebrate this holiday; *case and point.

Just as circumstantial evidence is more often then not thrown out in a court of law...so is this "too far outside the box" way of thinking you and people like you have thrown out of my mind.

what am i thankful for you ask? every thanksgiving ive asked myself the same thing, and never came up with an answer for it, so in a sense, im not thankful for anything really, but now, today, im thankful for the love i get and give with my girl, and im thankful that i am a soldier of the US army.

whether you want to think it or not, this country celebrates the days we stole land from native americans, you may not think like that, along with millions of other americans, but its true, its the hidden truth, there much much hidden truth in the country, that only "outside the box thinkers" can see.
    i, happen to be a very, VERY technical thinker.
    ah, what is this, proud to be in the army, yet u didn't like thanksgiving couse "ur" ppl killed Indians, i smell something weird here[/b]
    when did i say i dont like thanksgiving? i actually remember saying i love it.
    i love every holiday, but i just see what thanksgiving was originally about, that doesnt mean i dont like it.

Cocaine

Originally posted by Cocaine@
    when i said stuff about ppl conquoring the native americans, i said pilgrims, not americans.[/b]
    But earlier.....

<!--QuoteBegin-louch

im not bagging on anyone or being liberal, but we stole the damn natives land, you cant counter that arguement, its impossible, and we celebrate it. *
    dont get me wrong i love my country, and i love thanksgiving, i love all the holidays i get to celebrate in this wonderful country, but you cannot deny the fact WE STOLE THIS LAND, and now celebrate stealing it, and if me saying that "ruins your holiday" then your way to uptight. *
    "i love the place i live, but i hate the people in charge" ~~ immortal technique
    So basically you contradicted yourself again. Looks like your the one who sucks at argueing.

louch

Originally posted by louch+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(louch)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cocaine
    @
    when i said stuff about ppl conquoring the native americans, i said pilgrims, not americans.[/b]
    But earlier.....

<!--QuoteBegin-louch

im not bagging on anyone or being liberal, but we stole the damn natives land, you cant counter that arguement, its impossible, and we celebrate it. *
    dont get me wrong i love my country, and i love thanksgiving, i love all the holidays i get to celebrate in this wonderful country, but you cannot deny the fact WE STOLE THIS LAND, and now celebrate stealing it, and if me saying that "ruins your holiday" then your way to uptight. *
    "i love the place i live, but i hate the people in charge" ~~ immortal technique
    So basically you contradicted yourself again. Looks like your the one who sucks at argueing.[/b][/quote]
    ...you must have drank to much because i didnt say anything about americans OR pilgrims in that 2nd quote...

Cocaine

Originally posted by Cocaine+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Cocaine)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cocaine
    @

when i said stuff about ppl conquoring the native americans, i said pilgrims, not americans.
    But earlier.....

<!--QuoteBegin-louch
    So basically you contradicted yourself again. Looks like your the one who sucks at argueing.[/b]
    ...you must have drank to much because i didnt say anything about americans OR pilgrims in that 2nd quote...[/b][/quote]

Are you kidding me? Read the underlined/blolded text. You said "we"(the Americans) stole this land.

louch

Originally posted by louch+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(louch)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Cocaine
    @

But earlier.....

<!--QuoteBegin-louch

So basically you contradicted yourself again. Looks like your the one who sucks at argueing.
    ...you must have drank to much because i didnt say anything about americans OR pilgrims in that 2nd quote...[/b]
    Are you kidding me? Read the underlined/blolded text. You said "we"(the Americans) stole this land.[/b][/quote]
    i said WE because the ppl who colonized this land are the only reason WE are here, so yes i said WE, but not WE as americans, WE meaning our fucking ancestors, jesus christ.
    our ancestors were PILGRIMS from EUROPE, mainly ENGLAND.
    got it now?!

(\/) (;,,;) (\/) Why not Zoidberg? Admin camaz0tz's Avatar

thanksgiving celebrates the first plentiful harvest of the 'new world' it doesnt celebrate the oppression of indians or anything to do with the indians for that matter except for the fact that we shared that first harvest with indians(supposedly) but still it stands that thanksgiving is about the first harvest and surviving the first winter...of course the exact day isnt the day they celebrated it the first time its just the day weve now assigned to it

Cocaine

You stated nowhere that by "we" you meant our ancestors. So everyone who read that post assumed that by "we", you meant the people of the United States. Maybe if you had any talent for argueing whatsoever you would know that when argueing, you need to specify.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast