Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Those sigs...

This is a discussion on Those sigs... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Originally posted by morax+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morax)</div> Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan @ <!--QuoteBegin-Felix Didn't they disable it because it was one way ...
Page: 2

Lammer

Originally posted by morax+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morax)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Felix

Didn't they disable it because it was one way accounts were getting hacked?

How would that have anything to do with it? High Np = "omg I must hack him and have his items!!111"?

I still have difficulty believing DB hackers actually exist, I think its just GM corruption. Else wouldn't everyone who is high level, well geared, and known have been hacked by now?
    I blame people getting hacked as being idiots... if not anyone who owned the castle would get raped.. [/b]
    About this "idiots" and those belives that DB hackers don't exit.

A long time ago in Ares, a GM made a "quest" trying to prove that DB hacking didn't exist. He went screaming in Moradon that we couldn't get hacked... well for his surprise... 5 / 10 minutes later he's char was running naked in Moradon / CZ.

K2 Data bases lack of security so I'm not surprised if a medium hacker could acess their data base without major effort.

Gforce

"GM shout in moradon? then GM char get hacked? Sounds like a fiction story. I find it hard to believe it

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Lammer+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lammer)</div>
    Originally posted by morax+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morax)
    <!--QuoteBegin-Yun_Yuuzhan
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Felix

How would that have anything to do with it? High Np = "omg I must hack him and have his items!!111"?

I still have difficulty believing DB hackers actually exist, I think its just GM corruption. Else wouldn't everyone who is high level, well geared, and known have been hacked by now?
    I blame people getting hacked as being idiots... if not anyone who owned the castle would get raped.. [/b]

A long time ago in Ares, a GM made a "quest" trying to prove that DB hacking didn't exist. He went screaming in Moradon that we couldn't get hacked... well for his surprise... 5 / 10 minutes later he's char was running naked in Moradon / CZ.

K2 Data bases lack of security so I'm not surprised if a medium hacker could acess their data base without major effort.[/b][/quote]

Actually it didn't get hacked. Where did you hear it did? I remember the story, it was a noob account with a large amount of coin on it to entice hackers. Outside access to a SQL server is pretty difficult, and nearly impossible to carry out undetected. Even for a company as incompetent as K2.

In any event, if they did exist, like I said, we would all be hacked, not just a select few. I would not be surprised in the least to learn that the "DB hackers" were actually just a corrupt GM abusing KnightEditor for the sake of friends.

Originally posted by morax
    I blame people getting hacked as being idiots... if not anyone who owned the castle would get raped..
    So basically u are saying Devile is an idiot h43r:

Originally posted by morax+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(morax)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan@
    <!--QuoteBegin-Felix

You do? I blame Turks and currpot GMs who dropped out of school and now want cash so they sell items, damn retards if they didnt want $6/week they should have stayed on... annoys me when I hear of retards like that -_-

Lammer

Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)</div>
    Originally posted by Lammer+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lammer)
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Felix

I blame people getting hacked as being idiots... if not anyone who owned the castle would get raped..

K2 Data bases lack of security so I'm not surprised if a medium hacker could acess their data base without major effort.[/b]
    Actually it didn't get hacked. Where did you hear it did? I remember the story, it was a noob account with a large amount of coin on it to entice hackers. Outside access to a SQL server is pretty difficult, and nearly impossible to carry out undetected. Even for a company as incompetent as K2.

In any event, if they did exist, like I said, we would all be hacked, not just a select few. I would not be surprised in the least to learn that the "DB hackers" were actually just a corrupt GM abusing KnightEditor for the sake of friends.[/b][/quote]

I didn't "heard" it... my bro was playing there at the time and he told me what he saw.

But I could be wrong but again.. I've seen lists with nick/acc ids/etc... that supposed to belong to K2 DB and from what I saw there where alot of "know" chars on those lists. Don't know how those list appeared but my non-tech guess is DB hacking.

Yun_Yuuzhan

Originally posted by Lammer+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lammer)</div>
    Originally posted by Yun_Yuuzhan+--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Yun_Yuuzhan)
    Originally posted by Lammer
    @
    <!--QuoteBegin-Felix

K2 Data bases lack of security so I'm not surprised if a medium hacker could acess their data base without major effort.

In any event, if they did exist, like I said, we would all be hacked, not just a select few. I would not be surprised in the least to learn that the "DB hackers" were actually just a corrupt GM abusing KnightEditor for the sake of friends.[/b]
    I didn't "heard" it... my bro was playing there at the time and he told me what he saw.

But I could be wrong but again.. I've seen lists with nick/acc ids/etc... that supposed to belong to K2 DB and from what I saw there where alot of "know" chars on those lists. Don't know how those list appeared but my non-tech guess is DB hacking.[/b][/quote]

What your brother said contradicts what everyone else said. h43r:

As to those lists.....it's one thing to do SELECT statements and entirely another to perform INSERT, DELETE, or UPDATE. With how outright rude I am to cheaters and how long I've been playing, don't you think I'd have been hacked by now at least once if there really was a DB hacker running around?

Lammer

Maybe... I've seen some "KO" friends being hacked with pass changed, and trust me, they were the only owners of the char. (I've tried to help 1 that lost is account and I know 100% sure that is account was not being shared or he did something wrong. WTF he was only lvl 50... and had nothing more than a few lousy chittins on his char.)

Also don't know Devile... but I assume from what I see that he is no "noob" and I assume that he wouldn't share his acc with others ("strangers") so how did he get hacked? Not just Devile but alot of known chars.

Also everyday someone gets hacked, but you never know coz ppl don't come here. Don't belive that ALL those ppl were seeing sites they shouldn't, sharing accounts, running fake "koxpers" etc etc.

Really don't know how those ppl get hacked.. but I can't see other way than DB hacking or package "spying". Sry for my ignorance on these mattersm, but that's what I think.

Gforce

Anyone knows little bit about encryption and how all the data base is set up would know that talking database hacking is bullshit unless the prime number they use for the key is 1. OR there were such algorithm to find all the prime numbers. Unfortunately, we all know that algorithm just doens't exist.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12