Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Transparent cape symbols

This is a discussion on Transparent cape symbols within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; QUOTE To make a transparent bitmap you must make sure that the bitmap has been converted to Indexed 256 colour. ...
Page: 2

Senior Boss Senior Member grosman's Avatar

To make a transparent bitmap you must make sure that the bitmap has been converted to Indexed 256 colour. 24bit Bitmaps will not make a transparent image. Make sure that pixel (0,0) in the top left most part of the picture has the colour you want to be transparent.

If you have a background colour that you do not want to be transparent put another colour at pixel (0,0), preferably 1 that doesn't appear in the rest of the image. Some image editors allow you to add a colour to the palette if needed.

In some cases setting colour 0 in the colour index also can help[/b]
    have no idea how it works xD

MirZa117

have no idea how it works xD[/b]
    lol, thats way too complicated =d

C^^

Soon animated symbols

Willows

The basic idea is that there's a colour preset for transparency already built into the game. It's one colour value that the game will not draw for the icon, so it'd come out as transparent.

Most likely it's a pure colour (255s or 0s in RGB), and my money still lies on 255red, 0green, 255blue which is a hideous pink that 2d animators often use.

Plus it just makes sense that someone tried to surround hello kitty in a blinding pink and lucked out with transparency.

Google..

To make a transparent bitmap you must make sure that the bitmap has been converted to Indexed 256 colour. 24bit Bitmaps will not make a transparent image. Make sure that pixel (0,0) in the top left most part of the picture has the colour you want to be transparent.

If you have a background colour that you do not want to be transparent put another colour at pixel (0,0), preferably 1 that doesn't appear in the rest of the image. Some image editors allow you to add a colour to the palette if needed.

In some cases setting colour 0 in the colour index also can help.
    END QUOTE

nvm, I didn't refresh this topic..

RiseAgainst_

The basic idea is that there's a colour preset for transparency already built into the game. It's one colour value that the game will not draw for the icon, so it'd come out as transparent.

Most likely it's a pure colour (255s or 0s in RGB), and my money still lies on 255red, 0green, 255blue which is a hideous pink that 2d animators often use.

Plus it just makes sense that someone tried to surround hello kitty in a blinding pink and lucked out with transparency.[/b]
    That makes sense can someone test it out?

Magicality

Please give credit where credit is due.

The one to bring this to USKO was Paul Hewson, big cheers to him. Out of respect for taking so much time to figure something like this out, we promised not to release the method to anyone.

RiseAgainst_

Please give credit where credit is due.

The one to bring this to USKO was Paul Hewson, big cheers to him. Out of respect for taking so much time to figure something like this out, we promised not to release the method to anyone.

[/b]
    Why the fuck would we care who brought it (ps proof) if he doesnt wanna say it. credit? Cheers? for what, <_< paul WHO? if he wont say it imo.

IF it isnt said already in this topic.

Magicality

Why the fuck would we care who brought it (ps proof) if he doesnt wanna say it. credit? Cheers? for what, <_< paul WHO? if he wont say it imo.

IF it isnt said already in this topic.[/b]
    Why give him credit? Because he spent a long time to figure out something that many people desire?

Noone in this thread is even anywhere close to finding out how it&#39;s done, and I&#39;m pretty sure noone will find out by themselves, unless someone explains how to do it.

RiseAgainst_

Why give him credit? Because he spent a long time to figure out something that many people desire?

Noone in this thread is even anywhere close to finding out how it&#39;s done, and I&#39;m pretty sure noone will find out by themselves, unless someone explains how to do it.[/b]
    Ok then again, give him credit for what? 1st wheres the &#39;proof&#39; that that WHO guy did it.

2nd) Credit for what again, &#39;he found it&#39; so what? he wont say it.

Get outta here

rostoen1990

Well, someone here will find it out, or someone who already know will tell us in time.

Its true what RiseAgainst_ is saying, why give him credit for what? He found it out but wont say it...
    I remamber P_H got exped on OBO when it was 30% left back in Lord_Mozarts clan
    that i give him credit for

Btw, Magicaly nice cape ^^ Looks sweet with the transparanted mario lol ^^

oh my god he knows something we don&#39;t ,he is SO SPECIAL !

Yea lol guys

I&#39;ve won 1billion dollars but i wont give to anyone a single cent

but give me credit :P

There is certain high def colours KO doesnt support, like said before 255red, 255blue (cool pink).

Other colours with you havent seen in KO before (really bright colours, really luminous yellows or greens) should have same effect. Just need a clan to test it on.

the pink one doesnt work

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast