Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

The truth about burning tehnique ...

This is a discussion on The truth about burning tehnique ... within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; what u want say coz I don't understand your point .U mean let say 1 boolean variable for all upgrades?:P ...
Page: 7

TunaFishyMe

what u want say coz I don't understand your point .U mean let say 1 boolean variable for all upgrades?:P That would mean guy makeing from +1 to +2 will have same chances as guy makeing from +9 to 10.[/b]
    no bercause your conditions would be different.
    if the percentage to get a ROL from bach is 5% then your condition will accommodate for that.
    if upgrade from 1-2 is 100% but upgrade from 8-9 is 2% then your conditions will accomodate.

the guy who said you only need to generate 1 rand number instaed of generating a random number every event is probably right. makes a lot of sense.

whiteboy

The truth about burning tehnique ... IT DOESNT HELP

Banned

Once if i had sex with charon he gave me 100% +10 upgrade scroll

OLD1953

what u want say coz I don't understand your point .U mean let say 1 boolean variable for all upgrades?:P That would mean guy makeing from +1 to +2 will have same chances as guy makeing from +9 to 10.[/b]
    No, a global variable can be accessed from any function or procedure or object in a program. I'm saying that the server generates a random number once every interval, probably a half second or so. This number is placed into a variable that can be accessed from any place in the KO program, WITHOUT being passed in or out of the function formally. (Globals are considered to be generally bad programming form, but a global that is modified only by one procedure, but read by many is considered acceptable.) Whenever a random number is needed, that's the number that is used, for that half second. When the interval is up, the system generates a new random number and loads it into that variable.

This saves processor time and is just as random as any other procedure, it just uses the same random for a very short time, then refreshes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Global_variable

Every event in the game is calculated by that number. Say a boss drop is like

Globalrand<5 :: no drop:
    break:
    Globalrand<7::drop shell;
    break;
    Globalrand <8::drop ROM;
    break:
    Globalrand <9::drop ROC:
    break:
    else
    drop ROL;
    break;

That&#39;s way oversimplified, but I think you see the idea. The algorithm for each mob would be different, but the random number is the same for a very short time to save processor power. You can&#39;t tell the difference, usually, because you aren&#39;t performing the same event several times every half second.

llJuanMall

Has anyone tried this?

When noone is at the anvil and you have like 8 shards +7 or +8, doesnt really matter.

Call 8 clannies, give each 1 shard +7 (with trina?) all put the shard+trina+bus in and count down in vent, then everyone try and upgrade at the same time.

I dont think it&#39;s possible for 8 items to fail within 1second, right? :x[/b]
    I was thinking of doing the same thing and told my clannies. I think at least one shoud succeed, I will try this thing for sure when i have money. Thats wierd I thought of this idea a couple of months ago xD but couldnt get the change to try it out. Hope it works

As some people mentioned, anvil works in some kind of sequence. imo u also need some luck, if u are not upgrading after servers restart then u have to be lucky to catch up with the sequence for ur item to succeed.

upg after server restart is like 100% ?

Lord0fWar

he most likely did +10 shels and hes useing valkair so no 1 will see it
    :P

razzy

back in KE, this one guy i know said he knew the so called "upgrading method".

after a few months he quit and told me the method. I tried the method and
    eventually i got carried away and broke everything.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567