Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Turkey to Ban or Tax K2 = KO

This is a discussion on Turkey to Ban or Tax K2 = KO within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; buit as time gradually goes by im sure the us community would rise and make the game wat it was ...
Page: 2

Tits or destiny? Senior Member Dark3lf's Avatar

buit as time gradually goes by im sure the us community would rise and make the game wat it was always supposed to be.. a fun game.[/b]
    Exactly, the servers would be pretty empty for a while (which K2 can only blame themselves for having so many different servers) but eventually they would get bigger when more english speaking ppl would start coming back. I'd definitely start playing again if they banned KO in Turkey :P

Ignore Me Senior Member

I love the Turkish playing the game.

But LOL at having a shit goverment that doesn't comprehend basic economics.

An unsuccesful game 12m, a single Boeing 747 250m. Its just embarrasing.

Why don't they get thier kids to go to school?

denon33

For me this is only important to us because it potentially could affect us massively. Why does everyone think that making 1m USD per month is a huge deal.

Shell, BP, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline ( just a few of the top companies in the Uk ), are making between 7-8billlion UK pounds a quarter pre tax profits.....thats what I call big companies. Thats circa £70m pre tax profits per day...Or £3m per hour. So in 20mins these companies are making the same as k2 does in 1 month. And these companies are tiny compared to the huge Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical and Industrials from the US.

In the wider scheme of things K2's contribution is miniscule. Like I said, this is only a big deal for us because it may or may not impact on our gaming.

Been around this game for long enough to take alot of things with a pinch of salt. And I'm way past the point of reading all the drama queens that post day in day out about the death of the game.

What will happen, will happen...stop stressing out about stuff, enjoy it for what it is and if it closes then c'est la vie.

And if stays open please try and refrain from making multiple posts about the death and the end of KOL. Its nothing new, its been going on for years now what with all the doom mongers and soothsayers out there.

Community Nazı Senior Member schrotti's Avatar

For me this is only important to us because it potentially could affect us massively. Why does everyone think that making 1m USD per month is a huge deal.

Shell, BP, AstraZeneca, GlaxoSmithKline ( just a few of the top companies in the Uk ), are making between 7-8billlion UK pounds a quarter pre tax profits.....thats what I call big companies. Thats circa £70m pre tax profits per day...Or £3m per hour. So in 20mins these companies are making the same as k2 does in 1 month. And these companies are tiny compared to the huge Pharmaceutical, Petrochemical and Industrials from the US.

In the wider scheme of things K2's contribution is miniscule. Like I said, this is only a big deal for us because it may or may not impact on our gaming.

Been around this game for long enough to take alot of things with a pinch of salt. And I'm way past the point of reading all the drama queens that post day in day out about the death of the game.

What will happen, will happen...stop stressing out about stuff, enjoy it for what it is and if it closes then c'est la vie.

And if stays open please try and refrain from making multiple posts about the death and the end of KOL. Its nothing new, its been going on for years now what with all the doom mongers and soothsayers out there.[/b]

Worst case scenario, usko will resemble myko. Older and newer servers might merge. Which isn't too bad in first place, Ares+Diez, Cypher+Xyigenon, and whatever else servers there are now, you'll lose a wide spectrum of players, which isn't going to affect you all too bad.

Best case scenario, usko will stay the same however K2 realizes the huge money loss and Premium/KC will cost the half if not a quarter from what it is now, less crowded servers, an english speaking community like in the old days.

The cheating and hacking will be just as bad as it's always been. Sure you can blame the turks for the cheating, seeing how the game is dominated by them and you're currently hugely outnumbered, but in the end it'll all just go back to what it was 5 years ago, the big cheating communities will be the Greeks and Polish again.

CeFurkan

it is impossible to ban knightonline at Turkey

if Turkey goverment takes some action in to the consideration, k2 would make an agrement about this issue in no time

otherwise knighonline ends .)

Banned Senior Member

it is impossible to ban knightonline at Turkey
    if Turkey goverment takes some action in to the consideration, k2 would make an agrement about this issue in no time
    otherwise knighonline ends .)[/b]
    how is it impossible? :unsure:

anyway, i dont know if KO will shut down if Turkey gets IP banned, I (!) think they will run the game for awhile and see if they will make any profit if not, than i think its good night for us

Wow just from here we can understand that k2 earns $12m+ from Turkish player per year and if u think %90 of the players are from Turkey, They can not earn any money w/o Turkish players^^
    Every country put taxes to many thing are they fascist?
    The point is K2 earns and doesnt do anything for their customers, if this happens ( im sure it will ) they gonna earn less or they gonna raise prices so u gonna pay more .
    In my opinion this is a good thing, idk why u gave this reaction![/b]

The tax is already paid by income from K2 to the USA. The point is it's gov telling K2 their games are bad, or pay us part of what you make...yes I think gov telling you what is healthy for you and what you can and cannot play is fascist. You can't control yourself? You need these kind of laws? lol...no thanks.

Arthurios

hahaha fascist damn kid you sure do know a lot of the government in Turkey haha. 1 thing though the leading AKP in Turkey sucks thats true but anyway Turkey wont ban knight online are you guys that stupid? Is k2 that stupid? K2 will pay the government some money. And even if it gets banned (it wont though) All the internet cafes and everyone at home will use vpn/proxy anyway so whats the big deal?

Anyway radarcher you are so funny with your fascist comment. LOL fascist in the world war .... hahaha

wawh

wait wait wait

so turkeys goverment is bitching about a lousy ~200k usd a month? :lol:

wtf is juice? Senior Member trytankme's Avatar

the population of Turkey will decrease majorly lmao

wait wait wait

so turkeys goverment is bitching about a lousy ~200k usd a month? :lol:[/b]
    Maybe they want to stop lil kiddies for playing 20hours a day. o.O
    And thats just an excuse....

Banned

Real question is...

What would the Turkish community do if they did ban KO there?

Massive suicides?...

Question everything. Senior Member josri's Avatar

Even if they ban ko n turkey. You think they will just say; Ok ko is banned. Lets move on?

SocialParasite Senior Member Kronos's Avatar

I wouldn't get my hopes so high right now .Do not forget a fact of k2/mgame's attitude being far worse problem than nasty Turks themselves . Didn't you got CW ? So you know how KO w/o Turks would look like.Addicted and w/o respect toward other people kids are in every country .For Turks you will get the same people from Brazil,Poland,China etc. Nationality does not matter.

IMO the only way of bringing fun back to ko is a case where good hosting company buys license from mgame and have unlimited right to mess with game source code

knightned

All the turks think the game can't run without them and that they are the reason KO hasn't died. Have you ever thought that the only reason the turks population dominates everyone elses is beause they scare away all the english players when they join a game where nobody speaks english? I'm sure english players would just start to come back, some servers might have to merge, but in the end I don't think KO would die and I believe it would be a game worth playing if they banned turkey.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast