Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Why play?

This is a discussion on Why play? within the General Chat forums, part of the Knight Online (ko4life.com) category; Just wondering (not flaming) as to why some of you people stay on this game. I dont know why but ...
Page: 1

Question

Just wondering (not flaming) as to why some of you people stay on this game. I dont know why but i cant get away even though i whine about bugs/hacks etc... Also friends are a good part of it on vent :P But why do you all play or if u quit, why? How come some people here spent hundreds or thousands on here? Let me know your responses with as little flame as possible :P

It is not important what we achieve in a lifetime, what is important is that we learn new things about ourselves and the world around us. May it be the joy of reaching high levels or the joy of getting a good boss drop. The biggest joy is helping others and being needed, some people will experience that through playing KO and develop into a worthy human being. If your open about opportunities you will see KO as one and when the time comes, you will know it is the time to move on.

Ignore Me Senior Member

Pick a computer game.

Play it - try to not suck.

I picked Knight Online.

Its pretty simple - I swear it don't matter which game you pick - its just a form of TV that I find less boring than TV.

Bored :P?

aruc

in the time that i have nothing better but to watch TV... then play KO

Im addicted. And bored. And addicted

Banned Senior Member

Im addicted. And bored. And addicted[/b]
    well i was like that just a week(or so) ago, but it have been a smaller change, havent played ko for a week or so, and may play abit but not much

anyway back to the subject:
    why i play?
    No idea
    why i dont quit?
    no idea
    lol :P

From the beginning Senior Member EG4L's Avatar

i played it for fun for the first 2 years? Then it was just an addiction but did have laughs on the way. But after the addiction to games altogther is gone then you look back and think of such a time waste it was.

But diff people get diff kicks, go with the flow baby

kookookachoo

It is not important what we achieve in a lifetime, what is important is that we learn new things about ourselves and the world around us. May it be the joy of reaching high levels or the joy of getting a good boss drop. The biggest joy is helping others and being needed, some people will experience that through playing KO and develop into a worthy human being. If your open about opportunities you will see KO as one and when the time comes, you will know it is the time to move on.[/b]
    That made me cry a bit on the inside

Senior Member TheWorldWelivingIn's Avatar

same reason, why would u smoke ?

It is not important what we achieve in a lifetime, what is important is that we learn new things about ourselves and the world around us. May it be the joy of reaching high levels or the joy of getting a good boss drop. The biggest joy is helping others and being needed, some people will experience that through playing KO and develop into a worthy human being. If your open about opportunities you will see KO as one and when the time comes, you will know it is the time to move on.[/b]
    i really hope that whoever said this was not serious.

When cheats/bugs are rampant and up to the point where I can't enjoy playing ko, I take a break and play other games.
    I'm not a big MMO fan, but ko's simplicity and pvp is what keeps me interested. It's not as complex as WoW.

Also, it's something to do and work towards when the weather is crappy, like in the winter time. I try to get out more in the summer than play any game.

I hate tv because I can never remember when shows are on, I even have a computer setup as a DVR to catch shows, but I still never watch them lol. However I do watch the netflix movies I have coming in...

So summary: KO = a distraction/something to do when I have nothing else to do or nowhere to go.

people should stop making topics about this every week I see this kind of topics if u use the #@!#%& search buttom
    u will find out.....

why i play ? because my stupid asian friend showed me this game and from day 1 i have been addicted

Willows

Escapism.

It is much easier to be threefold than it is to be me. Threefold doesn't have to go to school or pay bills. I live vicariously through the simple life of my character.

Also

Friends > PK > inventing obscure builds > making IGC

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast